PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch 2nd Generation 8GB - Bricked

Zephik
08-18-2009, 04:46 PM
iPod Touch 2nd Generation 8GB - Bricked. Does not respond to anything, does not power on, can't access any kind of restore mode. By all means and purposes it should work, but it doesn't. Has light wear and tear. Typical scratches on the back and a few on the front that aren't too bad and aren't noticeable when turned on. Those are the easy/cheap fixes. As for the non-responsiveness, I have no idea how to fix it.

I'd imagine it can be used for parts, but I'm not entirely sure about that. I imagine the only thing that can't be used for parts is the mainboard/motherboard. Everything else can be used as far as I know.

If interested, either reply or PM me. You may also email me at AskSnow@gmail.com

EDIT: Please follow this link for update. (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showpost.php?p=256495&postcount=8)

Luke122
08-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Talk to SXRguyinMA.. I believe he's got one with a broken screen. :)

Zephik
08-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Ah ****. I was trying to take the dumb thing apart and I cracked the glass. I think everything is still okay, but the glass is shattered. ><

And apparently that glass is somehow worth almost a hundred dollars. w.t.f.

My curiosity always ruins everything. lol

Snowman
08-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Wow, think you just pretty much ruined it, if i remember right the capacitive touch doesn't work properly if the glass above the screen is cracked/gone.

Luke122
08-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow, think you just pretty much ruined it, if i remember right the capacitive touch doesn't work properly if the glass above the screen is cracked/gone.

Thanks for being supportive. ;)

Snowman
08-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for being supportive. ;)
Haha, well seems as though everybody keeps giving him false hopes and saying good luck. I think its time to bite the bullet and face facts. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this ipod is nuked plain and simple. Possibly could have been unbricked but very very very unlikely and now with the glass gone, its a very shiny very expensive paperweight. I have plenty of stuff like that so not that I am trying to be mean-spirited just that I have been there done that got the t-shirt and string of bricked crap dragging along behind me. I bricked an ipod video before but luckily unbricked it, so I know ipods are not completely unrepairable but it may have taken somebody with a mac to fix this bad boy.

Luke122
08-19-2009, 01:07 PM
I bricked my Nano 3rd gen once with a bad update and my impatience, but luckily the recovery mode trick worked for me.

I was just being a smart ass. :D I completely agree that it's likely beyond repair at this point, it's still hard to be the bearer or bad news.

Zephik
08-19-2009, 03:11 PM

I bricked my Nano 3rd gen once with a bad update and my impatience, but luckily the recovery mode trick worked for me.

I was just being a smart ass. :D I completely agree that it's likely beyond repair at this point, it's still hard to be the bearer or bad news.

Yep. It's strictly parts now. It would cost more than a brand new one to replace both the mainboard and now the glass/digitizer. From what I could find from parts websites, here's what I still have...

LCD Screen = $50, Battery = $15, Lock and Buttons = $50, Headphone Jack = $40, Wireless Cable = $30.

Those are easily very over-priced. So I think if anyone wants to cover shipping I'll sell the parts I have left for...

LCD Screen = $20, Battery = $5, Lock and Buttons = $5, Headphone Jack = $5, Wireless Cable = $5. or everything for $30.

By the way, for anyone who needs the glass/digitizer, their only about $30-$50 depending on where you go. Some places are close to a hundred though so take your time and look around.

Luke122
08-19-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm pretty sure SxrGuyinMA needs the screen and the glass, but I could be wrong.

diluzio91
01-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Yep. It's strictly parts now. It would cost more than a brand new one to replace both the mainboard and now the glass/digitizer. From what I could find from parts websites, here's what I still have...

LCD Screen = $50, Battery = $15, Lock and Buttons = $50, Headphone Jack = $40, Wireless Cable = $30.

Those are easily very over-priced. So I think if anyone wants to cover shipping I'll sell the parts I have left for...

LCD Screen = $20, Battery = $5, Lock and Buttons = $5, Headphone Jack = $5, Wireless Cable = $5. or everything for $30.

By the way, for anyone who needs the glass/digitizer, their only about $30-$50 depending on where you go. Some places are close to a hundred though so take your time and look around.

sorry for being a smartass, but Wireless cable... isnt that kiiind of an oxy moron? gotta love apple :evil: