PDA

View Full Version : HP Photosmart Scanner Help

xRyokenx
08-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Okay, in a recent update HP did another brilliant move by making the default scanning dpi an unchangeable 200 dpi. I need help figuring out how to change it to 600 dpi as I'm doing a photo scanning job for a friend's mom and she wants it to be at least 600 dpi. The issue with changing it every time is that it has to scan the photos twice and I have to change the dpi for each and every photo each and every time I scan them in.

My internet access has been extremely restricted lately and I cannot search myself. If there's a .ini file, or any other way of doing this that someone finds for me, I will be extremely grateful. Thank you very much in advance.

-xRyokenx

P.S. I've been getting pretty good at drawing comics, surreal geometrical stuff, etc. so I may do some sort of drawing for the first person to give me an acceptable way of doing this and maybe even mail it to them. Just a little incentive for helping. ;)

progbuddy
08-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Try using the scanner at my house. >>

xRyokenx
08-30-2009, 06:24 PM
We used that USB one but it's slow as ****. Haven't tried the other one. Next time I go over I'll try using it. The only thing about my software is that it automatically separates all the different photos without having to crop, open new, save, etc. ordeal.