PDA

View Full Version : Amazon?

Zephik
09-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Whats with their website right now? or is it just me? :?

TheGreatSatan
09-04-2009, 08:13 PM
It's you

Zephik
09-04-2009, 08:20 PM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3112/weirdness.png

It was a lot worse a few minutes ago. At least now things are displaying. But before, it was that bit on the very left hand side all across the page. Hmmm... weird.

Zephik
09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
It's now working just fine. Hmmm. Strange.

billygoat333
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM
firefox does that every once and a while to me. I think it has to do with system memory. could be wrong.

TheGreatSatan
09-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Firefox sucks

SXRguyinMA
09-05-2009, 12:58 PM
lol

Zephik
09-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Back in the day, I used Firefox but didn't like it THAT much, but it was better than everything else I had come across. Then Google Chrome came along and I fell in love. ...and then Firefox 3.5 came along and I figured I'd try it just to try it. Well, I haven't looked back since. 3.5 is hands down superior to all other browsers. It offers 99% of all the feature other browsers have (except like, BitTorrent?) and its just as fast. BUT, not only that, it also offers MORE features than any other browser.

Same features as other browsers + More features than other browsers + Just as speedy as other browsers = How can you not like it? lol

Xpirate
09-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Agreed, Firefox 3.5 is really nice. I like it much better than the previous versions.

FuzzyPlushroom
09-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Just as speedy as other browsers = How can you not like it? lol

Because it's speedy until I get tired of it eating 500 MB of RAM, close it, and then have to wait - no joke - a few minutes for the process to die before I can open another. And no, I can't simply kill the process, or else when I reopen Firefox it thinks that it crashed, and even though I explicitly told it NOT to save my tabs when I closed it, it reloads all of them... and then takes up an ass-ton of RAM again! If I kill it while those are still loading, though, it works fine. Sigh.

Zephik
09-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Okay, that is the one thing I don't like about Firefox. It is SO freaking random going from computer to computer. Its fine on this one, its not on this one, its fine on this one, its not on this one, this guy has issues, this guy doesn't. etc etc etc etc! lol what is with that??

On this computer, Firefox would always bog down the PC for whatever reason and eat memory like it was delicious cake. But then I created a new account and it works fine now?? I've ALWAYS had that problem, since day one up to now.

But man, once you get it working perfectly its sooo nice. I do encounter issues every now and again, but that's nothing new for any browser. Every browser has its issue. Like sometimes when I'm watching Hulu it'll just go crazy and be like 400,000k and the CPU usage will go to 50-80 and I'll have to close it. Open it back up and it works fine. ?

FuzzyPlushroom
09-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Okay, that is the one thing I don't like about Firefox. It is SO freaking random going from computer to computer. Its fine on this one, its not on this one, its fine on this one, its not on this one, this guy has issues, this guy doesn't. etc etc etc etc!

It's gotta be the hardware, in my case. I've had that Firefox-refuses-to-die problem since before I reinstalled Windows. However, on my desktop, all the sites on the Gawker network would lock solid for at least 30 seconds, crippling the browser, until I updated to 3. This laptop's never had that problem.

If I didn't have Firefox customised just the way I like it, I would give up and use Opera.