PDA

View Full Version : Skullcandy headphones

TheGreatSatan
09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I just bought these Skullcandy (http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/hesh-p-116.html) headphones and hope I didn't make a bad choice......?

msmrx57
09-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Nice. Reviews I looked at were all favorable, but I can't say from personal experience. What flavor did you get?

TheGreatSatan
09-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Just the black/gray ones

Oneslowz28
09-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Skull Candys are awesome. They have a unconditional lifetime warranty. If they ever stop working or the wire breaks just clip off the audio jack and mail it in for a replacement pair.

FuzzyPlushroom
09-12-2009, 03:10 AM
Skull Candys are awesome. They have a unconditional lifetime warranty. If they ever stop working or the wire breaks just clip off the audio jack and mail it in for a replacement pair.

I was gonna say "hey, cool, looks like I'm sending in the pair that had its cable defecate within its sleeping quarters", but I wonder how serious they are about their 'fill in where/when they were received' policy... I don't even remember when I got 'em as a gift.

If you've tried 'em, though, and they don't care, I'd love to have decent 'buds again.

Oneslowz28
09-13-2009, 01:02 AM
PM Killergamer. He sent his audio end in the other month and the process was painless. He might be able to lend some insight on how strict they are.

killergamer
09-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Its stupidly simple. Go on to there website and click the warrenty and it will guide you how to do that. You have to get some kind of code though. When I sent mine in I didn't know when I bought them so I just put in a random date last year around the month I got them. all I had to do was send the jack and a note saying what was wrong and they shipped me new ones quite quickly.

slytherock
09-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Every Headphones is a question of taste.... those look like real nice ones, but for me they have too much bass. I like my music with lots of treble and bass at min, but that's just me... and my punk rock style

gntlkilr
09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Every Headphones is a question of taste.... those look like real nice ones, but for me they have too much bass. I like my music with lots of treble and bass at min, but that's just me... and my punk rock style

I've heard nothing but good things about Skullcandy headphones. But I agree with slytherock. I like mine to be adjustable. I got the Sharkoon Majestic 5.1, they are awesome. Linky (http://www.sharkoon.com/html/produkte/archive/majestic5.1/index_en.html)

The boy 4rm oz
09-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Personally I own a pair of Skullcandy GI's (before they crappafied them with the plastic bullets and bottle opener) and I love them.

The warranty is good. Basically if they die from everyday use you get a new pair free, if you break them doing something i.e bike riding you get a new pair half price.

I have had mine for close to 3 years and they are starting to die on me. When they go I will get them replaced under the warranty and give them to my brother. I am gonna upgrade to some Sennheiser's :D.

TheGreatSatan
01-04-2010, 04:19 PM
So, just shy of 4 months and my Skullcandy headphones just broke. I took them off and they snapped on the right side adjustment bar. I went looking online for reviews and everyone has the exact same problem! I filled out warranty and supposedly they'll be sending me a new pair.

Zephik
01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
They're pretty good with warranties last I dealt and heard about them. Maybe you should mod these new pair once they arrive and make them more resilient? I'm not sure how you'd go about that, grant you, but who know's, you're a pretty resourceful guy. Maybe take them apart and replace the plastic/weak bits with something stronger like metal? Just throwing around ideas anyways.

billygoat333
01-05-2010, 01:48 AM
funny my skullcandy earbuds just broke on me too. gonna have to warranty em too.

The boy 4rm oz
01-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Hmm that's a shame. I have had my Skullcandy GI's for around 3 years now with no trouble at all, and I do use them every day.

xRyokenx
01-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I had Skullcandy earphones for about a month before the right bud randomly died on me. I replaced them with some V-Moda Vibes this past summer and maaaaaan am I happy. The kevlar cord is very nice to have, they sound great, look great, and are all around a great buy. They've lasted me six months now, which is the longest I've had a pair of earphones... definitely worth $60.

I'm not knocking Skullcandy at all, but I just don't think they're of very good quality when it comes to how they're built. Soundwise they're great.

The boy 4rm oz
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
They may not be very good quality now but the pair I have have been through hell and are still going strong lol.