PDA

View Full Version : LAN somthing

unknownconcepts
02-11-2006, 01:01 AM
dont know really what to call it
but im working on a tank made for holding energy drinks,beer,soda, what ever floats you boat thats will fit inside your case.
think of it as a beerhat for your computer with a tank bigenuff to hold 2-3 redbulls or what ever else
with a uv reactant tube that you drink from.

http://www.xoxide.com/chieftec2.html
ill be using that case since its quite large and ill have room to work with
ill be painting it and changing power switchs and such

DaveW
02-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I think this is one of the crazier ideas i've heard. I thought the guy who wanted to put fish in his PC was weird...

Sorry, but i think this idea is too far out there to get any sort of serious acknowledgement. Maybe you've just described your idea poorly. What's i'm getting is that you want to basically put a sort of can holder into your PC and be able to drink from it at the same time?

I'm afraid i don't see the point.

-Dave

public_eyesore
02-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I think this is one of the crazier ideas i've heard. I thought the guy who wanted to put fish in his PC was weird...

Sorry, but i think this idea is too far out there to get any sort of serious acknowledgement. Maybe you've just described your idea poorly. What's i'm getting is that you want to basically put a sort of can holder into your PC and be able to drink from it at the same time?

I'm afraid i don't see the point.

-Dave
http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1676 <go there, and if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all.

I on the other hand think its an awesomly hilarious idea. Itll be weird, but everybody will remember you for it. Youll be the talk of every lan

DaveW
02-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Honesty is the best policy.

-Dave

public_eyesore
02-11-2006, 03:50 PM
still havent read the thread i told you to have you?

edit: Dave by chance how many lan parties have you been to?

DaveW
02-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I read that thread before i joined the Forums. I think that an honest opinion is more important that silence anyday. I haven't got any respect for people who can't tell you their opinion honestly. Anyway, i wasn't trying to be nasty-i did say that i might have got it wrong, didn't i?

Look, this is pointless. I gave my opinion, i didn't present it in an insulting manner, i just said that i didn't think there was much point in it. It's true that there isn't much point in a lot of the stuff we do, but it's all down to opinion differences. I'm sure you ask what the point is in another person's interests as well, so don't say i'm a hypocrite for that.

At the end of the day, i want my mods to be artistically creative or practical. All i said was that i didn't think there was much point in it, because to me, it's a sort of gimmick.

Maybe you have a point, maybe it doesn't matter what i think. But if you re-read the original post, you'll notice that he doesn't ask for implimentation advice, nor does he address a specific problem. He simply tell us his idea-i assume that when you post an idea, with no specific questions, then you want to hear some honest opinions about it. Excuse me for not lying, and granting his request.

-Dave

unknownconcepts
02-11-2006, 05:26 PM
ok.. its kind of like a built in keg for your computer but you can put whatever you want in it. i have to get some clear pvc pipe or some plexi glass to make the tank. ill be starting on it shortly

snickells
02-11-2006, 06:35 PM
I think i agee with daves sentiment here, yet one of the funiest pc mods ive ever seen was one with a coffee machine in it! Keeping those reflexes all the sharper i supose. lol

Unknown: Do you intend to keep the drinks cold? or will it just be two can holders like in a car? Im interested to see some sketches of your idea as im not quite clear on your theory. Other than that, 10 points for thinking up something diffrent!

Steve

unknownconcepts
02-11-2006, 11:33 PM
the inside of my box stays around 4 degrees colder than room temp... wich now its about 50 degrees....but i plan on having a fan blowing air on it at all times.
120mm :]
so im gonna try my best to keep them cool.
ill make some drawings of the whole thing sometime soon.... gotta get used to my wacom tablet again

OvRiDe
02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
THIS (http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=8179)might help in your quest.. Good luck.

qoou
02-13-2006, 11:19 PM
there is really no point in posting your ideas if you cant take constructive critisizim. i wouldn't post mine if it were like that.