PDA

View Full Version : Hl2

Jetty_200
02-13-2006, 01:08 PM
I already have my basic idea of what i'm gonna do for my own half life2 case but i wanted to know what anyone else might of seen or done. also want some idas or input...i will be posting my drawings in a lil bit as soon as i finish them and get them scanned ya. Thanks....P.S. if anyone has a good place or suggestion on where to get rock molds from or what i should make the cliff material out of...i'm guessing bondo?? ya....hope so anyways pls anyone gimmie a comment. Also needed...ironically since i think that HL2 is the best frigging game ever....i do not have it even though i've played it for months on end...is anyone can find me some good screen shots or also needed is a real good layout/view of what the citedel actually looks like...other then it disappearing into the clouds. Thanx

Nawl
02-13-2006, 03:29 PM
maybe some rust texture and orange lightning :?

Jetty_200
02-13-2006, 04:44 PM
I haven't done rust texture or painting before, does anyone have a good opinion on what I need to do it???
P.s. the case I will prolly be working with will be a "Power Up Digital 2528 Silver ATX Mid-Tower Case with Fan Controller" I will throw out the specs later which don't matter much kuz i plan on taking my time with this...I will be sticking with AMD and Nvidia setup like I have been before and i will be posting the concept drawings shortly i'm thinking within a day or two.

Jetty_200
02-28-2006, 12:03 AM
here is the one image i'm just working on the other right now sorry about taking o long i was a lil tied up there...anyways here you go someone please comment on what i should put on the front bezel other then what i got or if you have a better idea...my other side is gonna be way better...any comments at all...thanx
D:\My Pictures\Computer\drawing

Redbeard
02-28-2006, 03:19 AM
D:\My Pictures\Computer\drawing

hahaha... dude you need image hosting...I thought this was a joke at first and kept laughing...:D It's okay we all make mistakes though

anyways you need to upload your pics to photobucket or something similar and then place the url where you placed the D:\My Pictures...

Jetty_200
02-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Ooohhhhh....well i feel dumb...thanks

Jetty_200
02-28-2006, 11:48 PM
ok sorry about the delays guys i know i screwed up at the start...anywho here is the one side view will be coming with two more views almost halfway done the second they'll be coming soon i need some feedback here ok guys thanks

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/jetty_20/lastscan.jpg

OvRiDe
03-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Nice sketch.. Looks like you got a pretty hefty project on your hands but it all looks very doable.. I will be looking forward to a great worklog..

Jetty_200
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Any other input??? any suggestions anyone??? I think if i kan plan it right i will be putting a built up section on the front bezel looking like the citadel

Slug Toy
03-02-2006, 04:55 AM
you know, i was just thinking about your drawing there. i would assume the odd shaped stuff along the bottom of the side is the anti-citizen wall, or something close to it. if it IS in fact the anti-citizen thing, why not try to motorize it so parts of it go up and down like how it slowly walks forward in the game.

another idea that would be unique would be to try to simulate that transparent combine shielding, that stuff that looks like rippling glass. you could probably sand down some clear or translucent blue acrylic and make a wavy pattern, and then polish it.

yet another idea for you. it looks like you are putting a railroad tunnel on the front. how about using a block of styrofoam and shaping one of those tall combine trains out of it. that would look pretty cool.

you might be able to use some of the non combine stuff as well. if you are any good with welding small rods, or working with small wodden dowelling, you could make a scale model of either the buggy or airboat, and have it crashed into the case somewhere, as if gordon has just arrived to tear things up a bit.

one last thing. it looks like you will have two empty spaces where the floppy drives would be. do something with them. i dont know what would work for that, but if your citadel will cover it up, the space could be used as a launch area for gunships and dropships (im hinting at another model emerging from that area).

ill stop there. ive got a few others, but they arent very feasible without a rediculous amount of thought and coordination put into them, or just a series of lucky events that allow for perfect placement. not to mention they probably arent very easy to construct either.

anyways, hope that may give you a second wind of inspiration. or maybe a third or fourth... im on a tenth wind or something close to it for my mod ideas.

Jetty_200
03-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Awsome that's exactly what i was looking for...those ideas rock. the only one that i wasn't liking all that much (and only kuz it would be a bunch of work...but i still might if i gots lots of time for it) is the ship crashing into it. However the train, great i am gonna be doing that for sure. i'll attach my hard drive case to the back of it and make it so that it kan slide out when you pull it. And the transparent sheilding i was totally thinking of something like that but i didn't know how to implement it. the walking wall...since i am not very motor like inclined, if anyone has any ideas on how i might be able to do it slowly i would definately go for it. I will make another draft of it and throw it up here so check back if you are interested. Thanks tons!!!