PDA

View Full Version : borderland

farlo
10-14-2009, 10:45 PM
anyone else mildly excited for this game? just did my steam pre-purchase today, and was ondering if anyone else will be playing?

Killa_Ape
10-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I will be, got a 4 player deal so woo! Looking forward to this mostly for the co-op then single ;p

Luke122
10-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, looks cool. If I had the horsepower, I'd be all over it. We'll see what Christmas brings. :D

BuzzKillington
11-10-2009, 12:52 AM
I've been playing this game for 2 days now and after I got used to the graphics, this game is AWESOME! Insanely fun and 6am never came so quickly from any other game. I didn't even need an caffeine. lol

If you know anyone with the game you can just borrow their cd to install. The game doesn't require a key to play online, just a free gamespy account. If you like the game, support them by buying it. I know I'm going to.

x88x
11-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Heheh, I know what you mean. I bought on Steam on Friday night; was getting a little sleepy around 11, but it had just finished downloading, so hey, I gotta try it, right :D Yeah...next thing I knew, it was 4am.. On the plus side though, I've got a pretty sweet character now.

One thing I found out pretty quick; when you're going through various crawls, sometimes you'll find a broken claptrap...help them; it's really worth your time :twisted:

BuzzKillington
11-10-2009, 06:12 AM
I'm ashamed to say that I've had this game 3 days and have put in 15 hours and am lvl 22. :redface:

x88x
11-10-2009, 08:10 AM
4 days tonight, 18 hours 55 minutes, and level 28 :facepalm:

NightrainSrt4
11-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm playing through it with the fiance on lan. We are taking it slow as we've both read about the limited endgame, so slowly taking it all in is the best route for us. Think we're like lvl 17 or something, but we take breaks of quite a few days if not more. Keeps it fresh.

farlo
11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
i beat the game saturday night with my hunter at lvl 33, think ill play through with a siren or brick next.

gamespy is kinda broken for some people playing multi, but gameranger fixes that problem, at least for me and friends.

zombie island of dr ned dlc is slated for a nov 24th release on the consoles, so probably early to mid dec for pcs.

Oneslowz28
11-11-2009, 03:17 AM
I HAVE to get this game. I have seen a few demos and OMG!! This looks like my kind of game. Is the 1 million different weapons thing true?

BuzzKillington
11-11-2009, 04:21 AM
I HAVE to get this game. I have seen a few demos and OMG!! This looks like my kind of game. Is the 1 million different weapons thing true?

I don't think I've ever found two with the exact specs. I may be wrong since I don't have every single thing I've found documented (that would be awesome if there was a checklist) but even similar items have different specs bonuses to make it a little different.

For example, Rifle A would have 105 damage and perks like +150 critical hit, +10 rounds and +20% firerate while a similar rifle, rifle B would have 100 damage but +30% firerate.

Aside from subtle spec differences for you to play around with for your style of gaming, there are different "special" classes, from basic to elite rares, white, green, blue, purple and orange.

Then of course your different level weapons where everything gets a bump... then 8 or so different categories of weapons like smg, repeaters, revolvers, sniper rifles, etc etc...

Maybe not a "bazillion guns" but definitely enough to where I have yet to say "damn, another one!?"

Anyway, lvl 27 with 25 hours. I spent 3 hours today helping a buddy level (I got 1xp while he got full xp for the kills) and I spent a good hour or so farming weapon caches. :D

PauL
11-11-2009, 04:38 AM
Level 42 Soldier with ~40 Hours
Working on the second playthrough which seems a lot more fun to me. First playthrough was way to fast and easy imo. I really wish the achievment list was organized by complete/incomplete and had the completion date.

x88x
11-11-2009, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't be surprised; though you'll end up just carrying most of them back to a store to sell :P

I love all the random sci-fi references in it.
[spoiler-ish]
Like, a while ago I had to go kill a bandit named 'Reaver', and later I had to go kill the leader of a town called 'Jaynistown' :D
[/spoiler-ish]

NightrainSrt4
11-11-2009, 12:51 PM
For those playing and stating the difficulty is too low, are you guys playing solo?

I've heard it is pretty easy with 3 or 4 people as well, but right now playing with my fiance it is pretty tough. Then again I have to keep a close eye on her as well. But there is a big difficulty ramp up when I play solo then play with her. Things I plowed through before are quite difficult when I play with one other person.

Then again we haven't gotten to the second town yet, which I've heard a lot of complaints about that is where the balancing breaks down and most people are way overleveled for the area.

*shrug*

Right now though, playing with the fiance is far more difficult than playing solo.

x88x
11-11-2009, 07:39 PM
I've been playing through solo, and I've felt it's pretty balanced. Except for the odd giant monster (curse you, definitely-not-Mothra-because-that-would-be-copyright-ingringement-and-now-it's-fanservice-instead) and a few idiot driving decisions, I haven't died, but I have had to 'fight for my life' quite a few times (I love that feature). There have been quite a few parts where I haven't exactly beaten it like I felt like I was supposed to, but hey, I'm a sniper...my entire arsenal is geared around killing stuff before it knows I'm there...obviously I'm gonna try and get out of a close-up fight if I can.

LiTHiUM0XiD3
11-12-2009, 02:53 PM
i beat the game saturday night with my hunter at lvl 33, think ill play through with a siren or brick next.

gamespy is kinda broken for some people playing multi, but gameranger fixes that problem, at least for me and friends.

zombie island of dr ned dlc is slated for a nov 24th release on the consoles, so probably early to mid dec for pcs.

gamespy isnt broken.... they just dont give it for free now

farlo
11-12-2009, 03:00 PM
no gamespy itself isn't broken, but for borderlands its glitchy and rarely works correctly, even with the ports forwarded. which is why i recommended gameranger, at least untill a patch is implemented for the pc version.

BuzzKillington
11-12-2009, 06:55 PM
After I forwarded a few ports I was able to host but couldn't join my buddies game who isn't behind any firewall/router. lol

farlo
11-12-2009, 07:30 PM
i had the opposite, i could join but not host both before and after forwarding.

crazybillybob
11-29-2009, 08:40 PM
My buddies and I had issues playing together until I forwarded the following ports on my Router. Also make sure your Windows firewall isn't blocking these ports.

7777 UDP and TCP
28900 TCP
28910 TCP
27900 UDP and TCP
28902 UDP and TCP

The Last port listed is not included in any readme files, but was the magic sliver bullet that got it all to work.

LVL 50 Brawler, LVL 30 Hunter....