PDA

View Full Version : Paul (or anybody else really), an airgun question...

Omega
10-28-2009, 11:19 PM
What do you think of the .177 Walther PPK/S or the Walther CP9?

Been looking at an airgun for target shooting and having something to pull out if somebody breaks in to the house, which is pretty rare around here, so primarily for target shooting.

A buddy of mine recently got the PPK/S and I was really digging on it. Felt good, trigger action was nice, realistic blow-back action, made a nice bang when it fired, and it's pretty cheap.

Trying to figure out if there's any fatal flaw about either of those that means I shouldn't get them. If so, what air handgun would you suggest?

Oneslowz28
10-29-2009, 12:04 AM
What do you think of the .177 Walther PPK/S or the Walther CP9?

Been looking at an airgun for target shooting and having something to pull out if somebody breaks in to the house, which is pretty rare around here, so primarily for target shooting.

A buddy of mine recently got the PPK/S and I was really digging on it. Felt good, trigger action was nice, realistic blow-back action, made a nice bang when it fired, and it's pretty cheap.

Trying to figure out if there's any fatal flaw about either of those that means I shouldn't get them. If so, what air handgun would you suggest?

As a CCW holder for several years now I would like to point out one huge safety fact.

Pulling a BB gun, Pellet gun, cap gun, or plain old toy gun on a suspect in a home invasion will do nothing but endanger your life. Because with either you are just bluffing and they could be carrying real heat. By pulling the non lethal handgun on the criminal you are threatening his life and he has nothing to lose by just shooting you and hauling butt to Mexico. If you want something for personal protection get a real handgun. If you like the small factor of the walther ppk airguns then look into Kel-tec p3-AT. I carry this pistol every day of my life and while it is just a small 380acp round I can still do much much more damage than a .177 pellet can @400 fps.

The one rule you should always remember with any fire arm is do not pull it on a human being unless you are 100% prepared in your mind to end that persons life. Because by pulling a gun on someone it puts them in the state of mind to kill you or be killed.

Omega
10-29-2009, 12:15 AM
As a CCW holder for several years now I would like to point out one huge safety fact.

Pulling a BB gun, Pellet gun, cap gun, or plain old toy gun on a suspect in a home invasion will do nothing but endanger your life. Because with either you are just bluffing and they could be carrying real heat. By pulling the non lethal handgun on the criminal you are threatening his life and he has nothing to lose by just shooting you and hauling butt to Mexico. If you want something for personal protection get a real handgun. If you like the small factor of the walther ppk airguns then look into Kel-tec p3-AT. I carry this pistol every day of my life and while it is just a small 380acp round I can still do much much more damage than a .177 pellet can @400 fps.

The one rule you should always remember with any fire arm is do not pull it on a human being unless you are 100% prepared in your mind to end that persons life. Because by pulling a gun on someone it puts them in the state of mind to kill you or be killed.

I am aware of all of this, however I'm not 21 yet so I can't buy a real handgun, and to add to this, there are so few home invasions in our town that this scenario will probably never come up.

billygoat333
10-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Plus, if omega gets good enough at shooting, he could do some serious damage with an airgun. I for one like my eyes right where they are, thanks. lol but yes, a real handgun would make you feel safer in a situation like that. Thats why I have a pistol. :) now I just need to get my concealed weapon permit.

Omega
10-29-2009, 02:07 AM
Plus, if omega gets good enough at shooting, he could do some serious damage with an airgun.

I've shot real guns since I was 12 (now 18). I'm pretty accurate though I've been out of practice for a year or two. Part of the reason why I want to get an airgun.

a real handgun would make you feel safer in a situation like that.

well yeah, but an airgun is better than nothing, will still do damage, and I can own one at 18.

FuzzyPlushroom
10-29-2009, 05:17 PM
I'd just leave the home-invasion scenario out entirely; if the intruder has a more powerful gun, you're boned. You're better off being sneaky and using a blunt object in that case - he's less likely to shoot at you if he does have a gun, and you're unlikely to be convicted for knocking him out and tying him up until the police arrive.

Target shooting, while I approve, isn't my area of expertise. I'm leavin' that alone.

y4na
10-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Lmao barley anyone has guns in Canada

x88x
10-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Lmao barley anyone has guns in Canada

Welcome to Amurica. Land of guns and beer :P (Kidding...kinda... I love my guns :D )