PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Quick Help

Datech
11-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Alright guys, I must have done something horrible recently cause Karma has come back to bite me. I'm posting in the Chatterbox cause I need to get this install done tonight, and this can be moved to the appropriate forum later.

I'm finally installing Win7 on my big rig, after having absolutely 0 problems on six other Windows 7 upgrades. However, I pop the install disk in, boot from DVD, get 3/4 of the way through the initial Windows is loading files, and then I got blind sided...

0xc00000e9: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

Google isn't terribly helpful, and there seems to be no direct solution. Here is all the information I can give you.

System Specs is in the My System information, with one 500GB WD Caviar Blue, and a 250GB WD as my second.
Installing Win7 Ultimate 64 from an MSDN download and burned to DVD. I haven't used this disk on any other installs yet.
Unplugged all USB devices, down to only my keyboard
Tried both hard drives plugged in, and each one separately
I have tried both the HDD and DVD drive in the SATA1 port with the other in SATA2.
I have had 0 noticeable or discoverable problems with any hardware in Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
I don't have a lot of peripherals and equipment to begin with, but I'm using just my graphics card, hard drive, DVD drive, CPU, full RAM, and of course PSU and mobo.

Things I haven't done:

Used another optical drive
Used only one stick of RAM
Used another install disk

Unfortunately, I don't have another optical drive to use. As I am waiting for responses, I will be trying one stick of RAM in each of the four slots, and will be burning another disk as a last resort.

Please please suggest anything and everything and ask any other questions you may have.. I work from home and if I don't get this install done tonight I wont have another chance for about a week. For a techie guy, I'm getting super frustrated that I can't figure this out. Thanks in advance boys and girls.

Datech
11-02-2009, 12:11 AM
K, nevermind, it was apparently the disc. I reburned it at the slowest speed, and so far it is working like a charm. If an admin sees this feel free to move it to the appropriate forum. Thanks for the look guys, and hope my solution helps, lol.

artoodeeto
11-04-2009, 01:46 PM
you know it's funny, my very first thought was "did you try a different dvd." If there's one thing I've learned in all my years of building/modding/troubleshooting...often times the solutions are the dumbest, last things you'd ever think of. Hope that worked for you!

SXRguyinMA
11-05-2009, 08:19 PM
did you try the disk you used for the other installs?

Oneslowz28
11-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Moving per Datech's request