PDA

View Full Version : Sticking it to Wells Fargo.

d_stilgar
11-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Wells Fargo took money when the bank bailout debacle happened. I do not like them for that. They were the only bank, however, in Rexburg, Las Vegas, and Moscow. For that reason only my wife and I chose Wells Fargo since we knew we would be moving three times in our first year of marriage.

Well, whenever you log onto their website they first make you decline some crappy service you would have to pay for before taking you to your account. I hate this. I am a customer. You have already made money off me. Quit spamming me with this garbage.

Well today I get a letter in the mail from Wells Fargo stating that I can get a free credit report and identity theft protection. Well, the fine print says that only the first 30 days are free and then you have to fill out an 800 page statement to "cancel anytime". In the envelope there was a business reply mail envelope postage paid! I wrote this on a piece of paper:

"Quit sending this garbage you morons! Hope this was worth your 88 cents!"

THE END

Trace
11-10-2009, 06:51 PM
This reminds me of that bash.org quote.

#127039 +(11078)- [X]

<wolf> 1. Save every Free Credit Card Offer you get, Put it in pile A
<wolf> 2. Save every Free Coupon You get, put that in pile B
<wolf> 3. Now open the credit card mail from pile A and find the Business
Reply Mail Envelope.
<wolf> 4. Take the coupons from pile B and stuff them in the envelope you hold
in your hand.
<wolf> 5. Drop the stuffed to the brim envelopes in your mail and walk away
whistling.
<wolf> I have now received two phone calls from the credit card companies
telling me that they received a stuffed envelope with coupons rather
then my application. They informed me that it they are not pleased that
they footed the bill for the crap I sent them. I reply with "It says
Business Reply Mail" I'm suggesting coupons to you to ensure that your
business is more successful. They promptly hang up on me.
<wolf> Now, I did this for about a month before it got boring, so I got an
added idea! I added exactly 33 cents worth of pennies to the envelope
so they paid EXTRA due to the weight. I got a call informing me about
the money, I said it was a mistake and I demanded my change back. After
yelling at the clerk and then to the supervisor they agreed to my
demands and cut me a check for the money. I hold in my hand at this
very moment a check from GTE Visa for exactly 33 cents.

Airbozo
11-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Wells Fargo took money when the bank bailout debacle happened. I do not like them for that. They were the only bank, however, in Rexburg, Las Vegas, and Moscow. For that reason only my wife and I chose Wells Fargo since we knew we would be moving three times in our first year of marriage.

Well, whenever you log onto their website they first make you decline some crappy service you would have to pay for before taking you to your account. I hate this. I am a customer. You have already made money off me. Quit spamming me with this garbage.

Well today I get a letter in the mail from Wells Fargo stating that I can get a free credit report and identity theft protection. Well, the fine print says that only the first 30 days are free and then you have to fill out an 800 page statement to "cancel anytime". In the envelope there was a business reply mail envelope postage paid! I wrote this on a piece of paper:

"Quit sending this garbage you morons! Hope this was worth your 88 cents!"

THE END

Anyone sends me mail with a postage paid envelope and I fill it with screws and bolts and send it back. Costs them way more than regular postage...

My old office mate would tape the envelope to a brick and send it back. The mail carrier thought it was hilarious and always accepted them.

billygoat333
11-10-2009, 06:57 PM
haha thats awesome!

Luke122
11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
This reminds me of that bash.org quote.

Iwas looking for that exact quote!

Trace
11-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Beat you to it :)
I send them back empty, they still get charged and I don't lose my nuts and bolts :D

Airbozo
11-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Beat you to it :)
I send them back empty, they still get charged and I don't lose my nuts and bolts :D

I send mainly rusty bits destined for the recycle bin.

I sent a rotten sandwich one time and got a warning from the post office. Seems they don't like toxic materials being sent willy nilly on someone elses dime... They told me to wrap it better before mailing!

Oneslowz28
11-10-2009, 10:00 PM
So you are mad at a bank for taking $$ to stay in business and not further screw our economy? I am glad banks got money from the government because I do not like the idea of standing in line for bread. Have you ever been in a bind and needed a loan or used a credit card for something because you didn't have the cash? Its the same thing the banks did with the government and have been doing for many many years I might add.

d_stilgar
11-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Well, I view businesses like people. We are young and stupid, we get older and wiser, we get senile, and then we die. The difference here is that when business grows old and senile and the government steps in and they never die! When businesses die new businesses can step in or smaller businesses gain market share and grow. It's a normal process.

The whole myth that the economy would be screwed was a scare tactic. This current economy lull is part of a normal 11 year cycle. The banks were FDIC insured, which means that if they did go out of business, anyone with less than $100,000 in an account would get 100% of their money, thanks to the government. The way it did happen was that more money was given to the banks so the bosses could give themselves million dollar bonuses and buy more necessary company jets. The bailout was more political as it served foreign trade markets more than it did anyone in the US.

What happened to the economy after the bailout? Nothing. They said it would rebound immediately, but it didn't. This came as no surprise to anyone with a brain.

If you study the great depression, you will see that it was a global depression, but in the US it was made into the great depression because the government can't let the market just do what it does. If we are a capitalist nation then stay out of our money!

Liquid_Scope_99
11-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Didn't wells fargo have like a big banquet and rent a entire hotel out after they got there bailout money . I may be wrong there i see what your both saying .
Also isn't GM on its third bailout check i can see helping some what your saying about helping some business out . I just think there has to be a line between helping and enabling .
An example i know people who get food stamps they work hard there in a bind i have absolutely no problem helping people out that need help but , i also know people that get food stamps and have the biggest BBQ you have ever seen when they get there stamps something is just wrong there .

mDust
11-13-2009, 12:45 AM
My old office mate would tape the envelope to a brick and send it back.I've done that...it got the attention of the company that received it and they met my demands to leave me the hell alone. The USPS cannot deny to send any parcel if it's not accompanied by the sender but has proper postage...so I recommend dropping the brick in a drop box, preferably wrapped in paper to conceal the contents. If you hand it to the postman yourself they could reject it or demand to inspect the contents and then reject it.

And despite what 'they' say, no economy depends on banks. Economies have flourished before banking was even invented. Banks certainly grease the economic wheels, but they are to the economy what big-box-grocery stores are to getting groceries...they are only a convenience. If every bank collapsed, then the US government would pay out to FDIC accounts and that would be that. Perhaps the richest of the rich would be decimated, but that's what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket. For people like me, who have no eggs, life would continue forward with little difference.

Liquid_Scope_99
11-13-2009, 01:12 AM
yeah i have made some bad money choices in the past nobody gave me a do over .

Kayin
11-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I've sent lead ingots before. Small ones add up quick in weight, ya know.

Liquid_Scope_99
11-16-2009, 12:05 AM
so you put just about anything in the envelope.