PDA

View Full Version : Problems with HL2

bigbaddog
02-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Help!

I've been playing HL2 for about 3 or 4 weeks and everything was working fine until last night. Now while I'm playing the game will change back to the desktop! I have to click on the toolbar to get the game back-there is no set pattern,(does not change every 30 seconds: sometimes I can play for 10 minutes before it happens, then it will go back after only playing a few seconds. Also does not happen just when in the heat of battle-happens sometimes while I'm setting still??) The only hardware change is a set of Logitech X-530 speakers I just got-and there is no driver change for them, so I'm at a loss. Oh yea, I also downloaded the new Yahoo messenger, but I disables that while I was playing. Hey fella, can you spare a patch? Any help would be great.

bigbaddog
02-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Problem Solved!

Just as I suspected-it was Yahoo Messenger, well sort of...
I had disabled Messenger in the toolbar, but a program called Ypager was still running in the background. I killed it and Poof! no more problem. By the way, does anyone check these threads out! I thought someone would have responded by now8)

Jetty_200
02-24-2006, 10:28 AM
lol well...sometimes you are lucky and ppl hlp you out and sometimes....well i dunno what happens...i guess no one bothers with it if no one looks at it right at the start. anyways if you don't mind i'm trying to get some ideas for hl2...what's you fav. part of the game...or any good ideas you think i kould incorporate into a case?

public_eyesore
02-24-2006, 03:37 PM
lol well...sometimes you are lucky and ppl hlp you out and sometimes....well i dunno what happens...i guess no one bothers with it if no one looks at it right at the start. anyways if you don't mind i'm trying to get some ideas for hl2...what's you fav. part of the game...or any good ideas you think i kould incorporate into a case?
wow no offence but you need a little work on your writting skills.

And sorry bigdog, i saw your post but didnt have any ideas, you made it seem like it just started happening.

bigbaddog
03-10-2006, 08:48 AM
wow no offence but you need a little work on your writting skills.

And sorry bigdog, i saw your post but didnt have any ideas, you made it seem like it just started happening.

Yea, sorry for the impatience...was at a critical point in the game and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was going on. Anyways I finished the game and it was great! Haven't thought a whole lot about a HL2 theme...not anything original. I hate to copy someone elses idea...I'm a logical thinker not an artist like Redbeard...we should ask him...when he takes a break from his Warhammer projects:rolleyes:

Redbeard
03-15-2006, 02:09 PM
well Jetty let's see... Striders been done before... how about black mesa theme?...or perhaps a "dog" (you know the robot, make a model/mod).... my personal fav would be a Combine mod... their technology is so incredible... play the last few levels over and over untill something hits you.

Orion5069
03-22-2006, 06:13 PM
A Citadel mod would be cool, it's such an incredible looking building, would have lots of eye candy for a case mod.