PDA

View Full Version : Review: OTTERBOX Defender Case

Zephik
11-13-2009, 03:02 PM
My OTTERBOX Defender Case for my 2nd Generation iPod Touch came in the mail today. So I decided to do a super short review. Sorry for the lack of pictures, I have literally no way to snap a few off. You can find pictures here (http://www.otterbox.com/ipod-cases/ipod-touch/ipod-touch-2nd-3rd-generation-cases/ipod-touch-2nd-3rd-gen-defender-case/), though.

My Review:
If you want the ultimate in protection for your iPod Touch, this case is as good as it gets. The added thickness, the added weight and the ultra-smooth silicon material all feels great in your hand. Not only does it feel great in all regards, it looks great too! But it doesn't end there, it also protects very well in multiple areas, effectively achieving the point in the product. It's an all around winner!

One of my only complaints is that it does have a bubble screen issue, but that can be easily fixed, as pointed out by other reviewers, by a light spray of baby powder or an extra screen protector placed onto the iPod's screen. Some people may also not like the added weight or thickness, but I found those two things to be more of a pro than a con so I'll do nothing more than mention the possibility of dislike. If you aren't sure whether you'll like the extra weight or thickness, pick up an iPhone as that will be fairly accurate as to what you'll be feeling with this case.

The three layer protection is awesome for this price range. First you have the hard plastic case itself, which is very durable and doesn't flex under realistic pressure. Then you have the built-in screen protector, which has a nice seal all around the edges so no dust or even water will find its way in. There is also a screen protector located on the back for the "logo window", which too has just as good of a seal around the edges. The next and final layer is the super soft, super smooth feeling silicon. This is the perfect finish to this case, both aesthetically as well as to ensure a bit more of extra protection. Not only does it look great and add even more protection, but it feels wonderful as well. I can't help but run my hands over it from time to time, just to savor the feel of it.

In my honest opinion, there is nigh a better case out there that protects so well and looks so great. This is the ultimate in case protection.

Product Rating: 5/5 - Highly Recommended!

You can usually buy the OTTERBOX Defender case for the iPod Touch from Amazon for around $20 USD. Follow THIS (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P695P4/ref=oss_T15_product) link to go to the Amazon product page.

Zephik
11-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Here is an awesome video review by the way. This kid is a much better reviewer than I and covers everything very well. His speech skills are freaking excellent too.

vxGhyYnVG1U

Zephik
11-16-2009, 07:30 AM
I wrote a review on Amazon, basically refining the one I did here. I thought it turned out pretty well. Vote me up! Maybe my review will become one of the top ones? :p

http://www.amazon.com/review/R13RZTCQOBEUBP/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Edit: In fact, it's so much better, that I think I'll replace the one I posted here with the one I posted there.

Valsmere
11-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I have one for my iphone,it is the best case I have ever bought. I dropped my phone three times during the 1st week I had it and it did its job. I feel the best protection you can buy for your phone. Be warned they are pricey.