PDA

View Full Version : Fallout Case: Garden of Eden Creation Kit

Rankenphile
02-20-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking of building my upcoming file server into the infamous Garden of Eden Creation Kit from Fallout 2. I want to have a slot-loading DVD drive and internal monitor made from a Playstation LCD screen inside a suitcase, but does anyone else have any ideas to add to this? If anyone has a good picture of the GECK from the game (the best was the animation of it opening from the opening cut scene... if anyone has a screen cap or two of it, I'd be grateful) please post it here.

So have at it. What do you guys think? What would you like to see added?

DaveW
02-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Ah, a contender to my as yet non-existant Fallout Server.

The inside of the GECK was only featured in the fallout startup-unfortunately the model was horrible, and you're not going to get a proper view of the inside. Which is great, because you now have artistic reign over your own case.

I'm a HUGE Fallout Fan, it's probably the one game i enjoyed more than any other. I've got to go right now but i'll try and get you that GECK image tommorrow if i can.

I can't wait to see how this turns out ;)

-Dave (Ahh! It's FEV!!!)

Rankenphile
02-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Nice. Thanks, Dave.

I've got some cool ideas for this, I'll see if I can come up with a schematic once I get a few more pics.

DaveW
02-22-2006, 02:17 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/DivW/geck.jpg

There's a picture of the GECK that i found on Duck and Cover. I don't think there's much more to go on than this. The suitcase is a sort of grey-black when closed, with the word G.E.C.K. embossed in the lid. Have any photos of the case you're planning to use, or is this still just in the ideas stage at the mo?

Keep me posted ;)

-Dave

Rankenphile
02-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Oh, that's PERFECT!

Thanks, Dave. That's going to work out perfectly. So many ideas coming from that thing... oh man I can't wait to get started... I just need to collect some more parts, finish about a dozen other projects, pay off my credit cards... and on and on... lol.

Thanks for the help. I'll post the progress as soon as I get officially started. I'll let you know.

Thanks again!

DaveW
02-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Hey, anything i can do to help a fallout man :D

-Dave