PDA

View Full Version : Assigning buttons for Volume + and -

TheGreatSatan
12-15-2009, 11:42 PM
I just installed Windows 7 on my Asus 1000HE Eee PC Netbook. Right after Windows 7 went on everything worked perfect. All my drivers were found by W7 with no problems. I only use two function button combos on my keyboard: screen Brightness and Audio. The Fn button for brightness works just right, but not my audio. I can turn it up manually by the clock, but that's annoying.

I tried installing Asus' drivers for the keyboard with no success. I really don't want to add EVERY Asus driver when the ones W7 found for me already work just fine.

Does anyone know a program that will let me assign the right key combo to change my volume on the fly?

OvRiDe
12-16-2009, 01:37 AM
I did some quick research and from what I found you need to install the Asus ACPI drivers. When you install them, you need to right click on the executable and select "Run as Administrator". You may also need to select a compatibility mode of "Windows XP SP3" as well. I saw a few posts on assorted forums stating that this fixed it for them.

Hope this helps, and let us know how/if it worked. :D

TheGreatSatan
12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't see that on the driver page

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

OvRiDe
12-17-2009, 01:32 PM
I found it on ASUS's ftp site located here.

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/EeePC/

The file name is ACPI.zip

TheGreatSatan
12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Wow!! That did it!

Apparently, I still HAVE to flash my BIOS because mine aren't compatible with W7, even though it works....

slaveofconvention
12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Most BIOS/Win7 Issues relate to low power states - if you don't plan to use standby or sleep and just have it on or off, the BIOS update probably isn't particularly important.

OvRiDe
12-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Glad it worked!!!