PDA

View Full Version : Waterfall?

fobnicat
02-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Being the geek that I am it's hard for me to admit it, but yes, I love the outdoors. One of my favorite things to do is a weekend hike to waterfalls that are far from downtown, Basically waterfalls that not anyone can come by and see, soemthing you have to work to see. But I also love my computer. While brainstorming it hit me that with all the watercooling going on these days, someone should mod a case with the "Zen feel" and the trickling waterfall...
I would do so myself, but am unable to afford watercooling (still paying off the system itself). Just thought I might offer up an idea... Hell maybe it has been done before, if it has please post the link so I can check it out..

AceX
02-22-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm already in the process of doing this. I'm putting the waterfall in its own frame work and using a small pump. right now I'm working with someone on the tank design so that I can get an actual wall of water vs just a steady stream of it.

fobnicat
02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Awesome! Do you have a work log going?

Crimson Sky
02-22-2006, 11:43 PM
This has been done very nicely by Dgephri over at Gruntville-- (http://www.gruntville.com/articles/lubic_zen-feng/)

AceX
02-23-2006, 01:59 AM
Thanks Paul, very helpful indeed.

I am building my own system, no prefab here. My work log is started but ahsn't been updated in a while as I crashed my car a few weeks ago and have been pouring ym time and money into that, but now it's at a body shop, so I have a few weeks to spend on the case again.