PDA

View Full Version : DFI LAN Party

Jetty_200
02-24-2006, 10:22 AM
ok i'm gonna be starting up my new mod shortly and i wanted to know some info about the DFI LAN party mother boards and the ATHLON X2. currently I have a Athlon 64 which i love...overclocked from 1.8 to 2.5ish...i believe...I had it higher before but i turned it down kuz i never had time to clean my case for a while, and now it's starting to get a bit warmer in there....anyhow, I want to know if the lower scale DFI LAN party boards (not the infinity) can take an X2...I really want one but haven't been able to find the specs i'm looking for on it. Does anyone have any better information that they could share with me??? Thanks

jdbnsn
02-24-2006, 12:02 PM
I am not sure what specs you are looking for, but I have a DFI Lan part RDX-200 with an Athlon Dual core (4400) and it runs great. If you want some specific info, let me know.

Jetty_200
02-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Well i just didn't wanna pay top notch for an amazing board. I wasn't planning on paying pennies for a crap board either...i just wanted a mainstream type of gaming board...something good but not amazing and obsurd like some of them are...yes please specs would be nice and any info that you kan give me like when you were shopping for yours thanks

If you wanted to know I was gonna be ordering my mobo and cpu and ram off of Monarchcomputers.com (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=80152&Category_Code=AMDC)

jdbnsn
02-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Well i just didn't wanna pay top notch for an amazing board. I wasn't planning on paying pennies for a crap board either...i just wanted a mainstream type of gaming board...something good but not amazing and obsurd like some of them are...yes please specs would be nice and any info that you kan give me like when you were shopping for yours thanks

If you wanted to know I was gonna be ordering my mobo and cpu and ram off of Monarchcomputers.com (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=80152&Category_Code=AMDC)

Well, here is a link to the model I bought. All of it's specs are listed there.
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=110434&Category_Code=AMD939

I chose this one b/c it was one of the only crossfire ready boards available at the time. I'm running it with the ATI X800XT Pro graphics card and TV Wonder Elite, X-fi Fatality sound card and 2GB Corsair RAM. It all runs very stable and fast, probably could be faster but I don't overclock and really haven't had the time to tweak too much. Any specific questions?

Malatory
02-27-2006, 10:30 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152

This is the one I am getting .. and I am sure I will also later look into the mobo tweak to make it SLI. Also I seen thos board make a opty 144 (1.8 g) run at FX's speeds and beyound.

I should be getting my opty 175 (same as the X2 4400+) today or tomorrow

Jetty_200
03-02-2006, 02:58 PM
and now how is that working for you??? and does any one else have any experience with DFI and dual core???

Omega
03-02-2006, 09:07 PM
get the generic nF4 Lanparty then.

i'm running the only nF3 LANParty they have, i think. bah, i want the RDX though.

a bit on the pricey side, however.

jdbnsn
03-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Update on the DFI Lan party, if you intend to get the RDX and want to run crossfire, you should avoid the RDX200 and shell out the extra dough for the yet to be released RDX3200 (or something like that). I have spoken with a man who has great experience with these cards and the boards and he said crossfire is sketchy on the RDX200 (his assumption is they hurried production to try to catch up with the SLI), but the new ones are apparently much more refined.

Jetty_200
03-24-2006, 10:45 AM
sorry i do like that talk of all the next gen. hardware coming out...i'm more of a hardware buff then a modder actually but...i need something i kan afford. Something under the RDX200 level, i jsut wanted a DFI that kan do Athlon 64 X2 and run it the way it's supposed to be run. thanks anyways though.

P.S. i'm not discouraging you guys from talking about the RDX200 or 3200...pls keep any more info coming if you have it. thanks

jdbnsn
03-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Well Jetty,
If you are still wanting a DFI Lan party by the time two things happen (one being the release of the 3200, and two being me having the cash to buy it), I'll tell ya what. I'll sell you my RDX200 at a greatly reduced rate so you can get in on the fun!

sorry i do like that talk of all the next gen. hardware coming out...i'm more of a hardware buff then a modder actually but...i need something i kan afford. Something under the RDX200 level, i jsut wanted a DFI that kan do Athlon 64 X2 and run it the way it's supposed to be run. thanks anyways though.

P.S. i'm not discouraging you guys from talking about the RDX200 or 3200...pls keep any more info coming if you have it. thanks

Jetty_200
03-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Sick, Sick....that would be pretty killer ya...umm, i know it supports crossfire but it does still support Nvidia and SLI as well right?

jdbnsn
03-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Sick, Sick....that would be pretty killer ya...umm, i know it supports crossfire but it does still support Nvidia and SLI as well right?

As far as I know yes it supports SLI, but you should check with DFI to be certain. When you setup the board with the CD and go to install the chipset drivers, there is a choice between ATI and NVIDIA, so this is why I think it is dual vendor ready.