PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some circuit boards.

DuroMentis
12-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Hey guys,

So a while back while doing some yard work for my Dad, I found we have some old sliding glass doors. Instantly being the DIY kinda guy that I am, I made a desk out of it, and I must say, it looks pretty good for my standards. However, It's not good enough for my liking. I'll post some pics in the end of this post. Heres what I was thinking though, to make the desk look uber nerdy, what I want to do is find a whole bunch of circuit boards (doesn't matter from what), spray paint them all white or black, and trace the circuitry with a UV reactive pen in blue and green. The problem is, I have no idea where to find enough circuit boards, that and I have no extra cash for it. I looked on craigslist, but so far no luck. I also wanted to ask if anyone had any suggestions for the desk. I just want it appealing and flashy. The circuit boards are just for looks. Anyways, heres the pic. http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll98/DuroMentis/DSC03945.jpg

My only focus at the moment is underneath the glass. I have a black sheet under it right now. Basically when and if I get all the circuit boards, I'll have a wooden board a few inches underneat the glass and hot glue all the circuit boards to the wood. Any other ideas are welcome too! Thanks.

billygoat333
12-29-2009, 09:55 AM
start looking around at your local garbage dump for old radios, computers, etc and take em. :)

or just post an ad on craigslist saying you are looking for nonworking electronics.

Airbozo
12-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Where are you located? Would you be willing to pay shipping? My company scraps circuit boards all the time from SGI, SUN and other systems. Some are quite large, some small. All have been tested bad and are guaranteed to NOT work... lol

DuroMentis
12-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Airbozo that'd be great, I'm in Florida. And it all depends on the cost of shipping.

Killa_Ape
12-29-2009, 08:48 PM
In Canada we have electronic recycling centers I'd check to see if you have something like that near you.

Luke122
12-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Airbozo is in San Jose California. :D

Airbozo
12-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Airbozo is in San Jose California. :D

Canadianly speaking: San Joser-eh...

(couldn't resist...)