PDA

View Full Version : cold cathode problem

ForceFedFlesh
02-26-2006, 06:12 AM
i got 2 cold cathode lights that are pluged into an inverter....ne ways i had them for a only a few months one of the lights gets dimm or isnt as bright as the other one....also when i turn on the computer this partcular light doesnt go on at all. i tap it lightly and then it lights up but still is dimm compared to the other one. i tried pluging the light in the other input as i did the good light but doesnt help. could it be the light or the inverter.

DaveW
02-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Sounds to me like a bad bulb. Might be time to get a new light. CC's aren't known for their long lifespan or durability.

-Dave

ForceFedFlesh
02-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Sounds to me like a bad bulb. Might be time to get a new light. CC's aren't known for their long lifespan or durability.

-Dave

i doubt it cuz i jus tried unplugging the good bulb and leaving the bad one with the inverter and it lit up perfectly

DaveW
02-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Hmm...curiouser and curiouser...

It's possible that there isn't enough current, but that should effect both of the lights...i'm lost. Sorry bud. Maybe a wee pic of your setup could shed light on things, but right now i'll admit i'm lost.

-Dave

Omega
02-26-2006, 11:57 PM
possibly, a bad inverter?

what company? i suggest replacing the inverter, since it doesn't seem to be a bulb problem.

Jetty_200
02-27-2006, 01:38 PM
i suggest replacing the inverter to...you should either post a pic of your setup or popst your specs on here as well, it may help us determine something else

ForceFedFlesh
02-27-2006, 07:02 PM
where could i get a replacement inverter?

Omega
02-28-2006, 02:31 AM
where could i get a replacement inverter?

look on Xoxide, they might have one, but if they don't, then they sell single cathode kits, and all thier cathode kits have dual inverters.

-Omega