PDA

View Full Version : not sure...

billygoat333
01-06-2010, 06:34 AM
...if this is just a vbulletin limitation or some sort of spam limiter but when I sent a PM to someone and tried to send another to clarify something I said, it told me I had to wait? is that normal? lol never seen that before. Just curious, it wasnt a hassle or anything. :D

gaz_the_chav
01-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Do you mean it is limiting the amount of PM's you can send in a certain amount of time? If this is the case it will most likely be a SPAM prevention measure.

-gaz

billygoat333
01-06-2010, 07:11 AM
yeah that was my guess. just curious. :)

Luke122
01-06-2010, 02:02 PM
How about this one?

I set my prefernces to not subscribe automatically to threads, and to NOT receive email notifications about thread replies, but I'm getting both.

Help!

jdbnsn
01-06-2010, 02:10 PM
The PM limitation is a built-in feature of vBulletin and I am pretty sure it is a spam/resource overload protective intention.

Luke- Had you previously set your prefs TO subscribe and receive notifications and now you are trying to set it back, or has it always been this way? I'll take a look at your settings and see if I can see any reason for this...

EDIT: I went in and it was still set to automatically sub and email so I set it to "do not sub" and saved it. The only thing I can think of is either your forgot to hit save, for some reason the save button wasn't showing up, or it just didn't work. Let me know if it doesn't work this time.