PDA

View Full Version : Best antivirus for my Laptop

alexthomsan
01-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Which is the best antivirus for my Laptop??

Please suggest me the best antivirus software for my Laptop.
I am so confuse in between so many softwares..
Please guide me.Thank you in advance for your reply

craigr1982
01-07-2010, 01:36 PM
I've used Avast for years now and AVG before that which was also very good.

From personal experience I would steer clear of both Norton and MacAfee

Luke122
01-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Disagree.. Norton Antivirus is my personal favorite, and the one I recommend the most. Norton 360 or Internet Security, not bad, better if you need a software firewall (dial up, mobile, etc), but Systemworks = garbage.

For the best free one, I've been VERY happy with MS Security Essentials lately. :)

Zephik
01-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Norton has actually gotten pretty good, or so I hear wherever this subject arises lately.

I use AVG when I need something, although I usually don't. I just backup my data religiously to an external hard drive and do a clean install if I encounter problems, which is fairly rare. Knowledge is the best anti-anything. Although, a good web browser with some nice add-ons help. I've got Chrome with AdBlock + AdThwart + WOT. That last one puts nice little user driven circles on basically every link you come across. Green is basically good to go, yellow is careful and red is stay away from that website. Very handy even for experienced internet users.

farlo
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
i use avast.

3pcon
01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Ive not used norton in a very long time but what i can say about it is there older anti virus is like not have a anti virus at all. Hopefully they have turned that around, im starting to hear good things about them now.

I use avast, ive used it for a long time and i really like it, if you can get past the terrible car stereo like interface it really is a good anti virus IMO. oh and its free to! Just register and its yours for a year then just reregister.

SgtM
01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Avg.

slaveofconvention
01-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Microsoft Security Essentials gets my current vote - or Avira - I recently dumped AVG because it has a devastating effect on system usability during scans - I found myself constantly cancelling the scan which kinda defeated the object

Kayin
01-13-2010, 01:17 PM
MSE. I get at least one laptop a week that Norton completely ruins (removed TCP/IP stack or something else as catastrophic), and every other (yes folks, 50%) of machines we remove Norton from it uninstalls the optical drive with it. Quick registry fix, but still. Norton IS a virus.

billygoat333
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
I've never really had any issues with AVG but I am curious about MSE now. Is it a free download? or does it come with Win7?

Kayin
01-13-2010, 02:56 PM
It's free, and antivirus comparatives gave it a 97.5, which is higher than anything else I've seen.

I was in the beta, and I was well pleased with the security. Like MS or not, they know how to integrate it into their own OS.

x88x
06-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Lol, it's a spam sandwich. :P

Airbozo
06-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Lol, it's a spam sandwich. :P

Hmm, I see no spam, nor smell no spam...

x88x
06-03-2010, 04:03 PM
It's like a Double Down...but with spam! :D

Diamon
06-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Using avast! on all my systems and I can really recommend it. Protects the system nicely, doesn't make much noise and is really lightweight.

blaze15301
06-15-2010, 08:06 AM
i've used symantec endpoint protection on everything. but you have to pay for that. the best free one is avg free so i have herd. i've only had to use it once or twice and don't really have any complaints

jevery
06-27-2010, 07:36 PM
AV Comparatives (http://www.av-comparatives.org/) is a good tool for comparison.

biggoofy
06-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Using MSE right now and so far it's my favorite. Avast is second, just slowed my boot a little. AVG is super lightweight but it never seemed like it was doing anything. All of these are free. I've tried a free trial of Kaspersky and that's been the best IMO, but it cost money and I'm cheap.:D

diluzio91
06-28-2010, 04:51 PM
i installed mse on my fresh install... way better than symantec endpoint protection

alenmcmilan
06-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I think Avast is best for your laptop. Because I am using this anti virus for my laptop. I have been using this anti virus last two years in my laptop. but i had seen not any problem in it. This anti virus has very nicely kill the all the our system having a virus.

gyrertr
07-29-2010, 04:53 AM
Avira is a best Anti virus software for my laptop which it is a quickly caught a virus in a computer but it is a updated every month by manual update file but not need a updated by Internet. It is a protect my computer and It is easy to use without being too stunned, and more.