PDA

View Full Version : Logout Button Doesn't Work

Trace
01-12-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm at school and need to log out and the Log Out button isn't working. I'm using IE7 on XP.

Konrad
08-22-2010, 09:26 PM
I would guess it has something to do with IE's cookie handling or Security Zones.

Can you change IE settings under Tools on those machines?

Oneslowz28
08-22-2010, 09:58 PM
The log-out button is a known issue. I forgot why it wont work and why we can not make it work.

Konrad
08-22-2010, 10:28 PM
This is a common vB issue with implications that reach far beyond the vast perimeters of TBCS.

I ain't no vB expert, just a long-timer. The common solution involves flushing cookies and caches. Sometimes various browser security settings need to be fiddled. Always attempt to do these things with all browser instances closed (or only 1 open if unavoidable). Always close and restart the browser when done to ensure the changes "take". If your system crashes a lot, then always shutdown/restart Windows as well before you browse, again to ensure the changes "take" and you don't waste time doing it all over again.

This might be an issue for the OP because a lot of public terminals (schools, libraries, etc) set global policies so that users have no real ability to reconfigure anything.