PDA

View Full Version : DIY desk and chair

sega01
03-01-2006, 01:16 AM
this isnt exactly a case mod - more of a sudo "case placement/storage" mod. i needed an extra desk/chair so i wouldnt have to bend over on the floor. i couldnt afford another desk and chair, so i built one out of the random junk in my room.
http://go-beyond.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16
what do you think of it?

OvRiDe
03-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Do they call that style Shabby Chic?? :D Its definately a means to an end. I gotta ask.. is that chair very comfortable? Im thinking you could probably pick up a folding one at a thrift store for not too much.. heh Its very inventive to say the least .. keep on keepin on!!

samurai_crip
03-01-2006, 02:22 PM
lmao nice hahahahahahahhahahahah

Meltd0wn
03-02-2006, 06:16 AM
If that for real man guys must laugh their asses off rofl.

But man i have seen much much worse to say the least very very inventive.

Viper-Inc
03-03-2006, 12:39 AM
lol. thats funny. cool but funny

r3n0z
03-06-2006, 12:03 AM
did I see a LARP sword in that first pic!?

anyhow that's pretty ghetto

sega01
03-06-2006, 01:30 PM
the chair isn't accually too uncomfortable, its more like a padded stool with a very weak backrest. the chair falls backwards alot though - too much weight on the back. overide - you have a good point with the folding chair (i take it that you mean lawn chair, not folding chairs like in schools). i should try making a tray to hold a keyboard and mouse that would fit on a 5 or 10$ lawn chair. since your head would be fairly low to the ground, you probally wouldnt need a desk for the monitor. and yes - that is a larp sword, although it doesnt meet the requirments for any real larps - its just for beating my friends up - or being beaten up with.

thanks for all the comments!

ColModish
03-21-2006, 01:10 PM
DUDE thats is pure creativity at its best. wait...... well I tell you that was kind of crazy. the last thing i would think of is have the CPU on my ass

nil8
04-07-2006, 06:29 PM
That's a computer mod. Case mod at least.

Put some bricks in the bottom of your chair, it will keep it from falling back so easily.

Very inventive and very slack. Awesome.