PDA

View Full Version : Firefox tab scroll help.

HackSore
01-20-2010, 05:23 PM
So i have installed windows 7, got firefox installed and it was all good, but after a while using the mouse wheel to scroll back and forth across the open tabs list stopped working.
I have tried addons and reinstalling firefox but neither has worked, i cannot for the life of me work out how to get it working again!

Anyone know how to do this?

x88x
01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
I've never seen that happen before; is it just the scrolling of the tab bar that is locked up or other parts of the UI as well? Also, if you regularly use a large number of tabs, you might find the Tabmix Plus (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122) extension useful. In addition to a crapload of other stuff, it lets you have multiple rows of tabs, and scroll them up and down instead.

HackSore
01-21-2010, 12:12 PM
it seems to just be the tab bar, i havent noticed anything else acting differently.

XcOM
01-24-2010, 03:13 PM
unknown, but the recent update to firefox 3.5.7 has casued ALL of my addon's to stop working and won't let me install them, they all say the XPI can't be downloaded from such and such a site!

EDIT-----

Just installed latest update to Firefox 3.6 and its fixed all my addon's

:)

HackSore
01-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Hmm, i did try updating it but it reckoned it was already up to date.
I'll have another fiddle with it when i have time, and try updating it again.
I just cant understand why it locked up all of a sudden, its really weird.

XcOM
02-01-2010, 12:25 PM
yea, mine updated to something like 3.5.7 but i think the auto updater only updates minor revisions as default, major ones need to be requested from the tools menu