PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 Problems

jdbnsn
03-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone,

There are so many bright people on this forum and I have seen many clever solutions to various problems. This is why I have chosen to post a question hoping one of you can help me understand what is going on.
I have recently purchased BF2 (DVD version) and installed it on my home PC. Just after doing so, it required a reboot. When windows got back to the desktop after the reboot, my DVD-ROM drive was nowhere to be found. No icon in My Computer, and nothing happens when I put any type of disc in the drive. I read some online tech forums and mention was made about security systems on the disc that won't allow you to play if you have DVD clone or similar material on the computer. The closest thing I have to this is Nero 7, otherwise this shouldn't be an issue. Their tech support was useless, the first guy told me that the only possible solution was that my DVD drive has malfunctioned and to call my system manufacturer, well I manufactured the system so there is nobody to call. Skeptical, yet lacking any other ideas, I went out and bought another DVD drive for $80 and wouldn't ya know it, no change. I have since had to format my hard drive and am in the process of re-installing windows (it needed to be done anyway). My DVD drive is back in the picture now, but I am concerned about trying the game again, don't want to go through this again. Anyone know what the heck is going on?

Jetty_200
03-03-2006, 03:14 PM
paster them again...i do this just to bug them when something brutal happens and these people are of no use...it either eventually gets me someone usefull or it just simply bothers them. that's my only suggestion. and other then that you should contact the manufacturer of the DVD drive. they might have something useful as well. good luck

jdbnsn
03-03-2006, 06:17 PM
The drive is fine, when I re-installed windows it came right back to life. It's got to be something about that game. They didn't seem to have it together over there, but there service number isn't toll free so I don't want to drop too many dimes talking to the underinformed. But thanks for the thoughts.

jdbnsn
03-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Anyone else have any ideas about BF2? Am I the only one having this problem?

Jetty_200
03-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Try maybe in a BF2 type of forum or maybe a gaming forum...as opposed to mod forum you may get more answers there good luck