PDA

View Full Version : Review Fractal Define R2 Titanium Grey

Soul_train
02-08-2010, 10:31 PM
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3796/fractalblacktext.png
Hello Guys!
Recently I was presented with a new brand the Fractal, which made me really intrigued and eager to see the quality of their products which I can say that surprised by the positive or the prices charged by both the building! From what I have spoken with the head of sales department estimates they put a seller of the brand this year in Portugal and North Africa in order to be able to provide its range of products! I give you a Quote of the concept of the brand!! The product in question for review is the Case Fractal Define R2 Titanium Gray has a price of around 90€ to 100€!

The concept of Fractal Design

The concept - Design
The concept of Fractal Design is to provide products with an extraordinary design level, without compromising the important factors of quality, functionality and pricing. The computer of today has come to play a central role in most people’s home, creating a demand for appealing design of the computer itself and its accessories.
Our main product areas are computer enclosures, power supplies, cooling, external storage and Media Center-products, such as Home Theatre-enclosures, keyboards and remote controls.

Designed and engineered in Sweden

All Fractal Design products have been thoroughly designed, tested and specified in our Swedish head quarter. The well known ideas of scandinavian design can be found through all of our products; a minimalistic but yet striking design - less is more.

Visions and goals

Our vision is to have a constant, healthy growth together with our partners worldwide. Our goal is to be widely recognized for our designed products and to have them available in all major market regions within EU and US. We should be a good alternative to the already established retail brands of today. It's of great importance for us that our partners understand the values of Fractal Design, therefore we are putting great effort into choosing the right partners from the start. We will work actively to maintain sales territories and profitable business for our partners.

The way to reach our goals

In the competitive market of today, it's not enough to just provide excellent products. Regular and well planned marketing activities in close cooperation with the channel and the available media, are keypoints to succeed. We are well experienced in marketing brands in the IT business, and we will use this to create efficient marketing tools – to gain a bigger market share and good earning possibilities for our channel.

And now let's get to the point :p

A new generation of style!!

The long awaited Define R2 case is reaching new heights in combining stylish, contemporary design with maximum functionality and noise absorbing features. The minimalistic, yet stunning front panel design, fitted with noise absorbing material on the inside, creates an aura of exclusivity.

The patent pending feature ModuVent™, in which you can choose whether to have side and top panels open or not, makes the case appealing for users seeking optimal silence, as well as the performance hungry ones.

The sleek black interior is matched with pre-fitted, dense bitumen material on the side panels, efficiently absorbing noise and vibrations. You can fit an astonishing total of eight(!) hard drives into this case, using the user friendly HDD-trays. All painted in a nice white color and using black silicone mounts.
PSU is mounted in the bottom of the case, with a convenient pull-out filter beneath it.

Are you one of those users always ending up with a case full of tangled cables? No more. The Define R2 offers a convenient and good looking way of hiding them away. The motherboard has rubber covered holes in which you can easily route the cables behind the motherboard.

Key features

* Stunning front panel design
* Patent pending ModuVent™ design, allowing the user to either have optimal silence or optimal airflow
* Pre-fitted with dense, noise absorbing bitumen
* 8(!) white painted HDD-trays, with silicone mounting
* A total of 7 fan slots (2x120mm in front, 2x 120/140mm in top, 1x120mm in back, 1x 120/140mm in side panel, 1x 120/140mm in bottom)
* 2x 120mm Fractal Design 120mm Silent Series 15dB fans included
* Fan controller for 3 fans included
* Easily removable front fan filters with clip-on holders for 120mm fans
* Supports graphic card lengths up to circa 290mm and CPU coolers with height of maximum circa 165mm
* Supports PSUs with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location. When not using the bottom 120/140mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSUs, typically 200-220mm.

Cooling system

* Fan controller for 3 fans included
* 1 rear Fractal Design 120mm Silent Series 15dB fan (included)
* 1 front Fractal Design 120mm Silent Series 15dB fan (included)
* 1 front 120mm fan (optional)
* 1 bottom 120mm/140mm fan (optional)
* 1 side panel 120mm/140mm fan (optional)
* 2 top 120mm/140mm fan (optional)

Specifications

* 8x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
* 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
* On top of front panel: 2x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA and Audio I/O
* No PSU included (removable filter below PSU)
* M/B compatibility: Mini ITX, Micro ATX and ATX
* 7x expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
* Supports graphic card lengths up to circa 290mm and CPU coolers with height of maximum circa 165mm
* Supports PSUs with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location. When not using the bottom 120/140mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSUs, typically 200-220mm.
* Case size (WxHxD): 207.40x440x521.2mm
* Net weight: 12.50kg

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/hardmodding/Untitled-32.gif http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/hardmodding/Untitled-31.gif

You can see the full review in Hardmodding.org (http://www.hardmodding.org/showthread.php?t=158) :up: