PDA

View Full Version : HELP, new motherboard

pippy
03-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi i recently got a new motherboard and put it in my case, but when i boot up my pc starts starting up, then i get the loading bar across the botom then the pc will restart and do the same again. i hav also put hy HDDs in

the tempurature in the bios is fine ans shouldnt be restarting

any1 got any ideas

Thanks

jdbnsn
03-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Try unplugging absolutely everything from the mother board that you can (i.e. spare HDD, cd drive, or any peripherals). Then try again, if it works you add one thing at a time until the problem is reproduced. Anything more will need more specific tech support than I can offer, I'm an amateur.

r3n0z
03-05-2006, 08:00 PM
i'd also say it would be a good idea to reinstall windows, or whatever OS you choose. don't know how much that would help, but it's what i would do first, after i backed everything up

Cevinzol
03-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Might help if we knew what O/S you were running.
I'm assuming its a flavor of windows, If so can you get into safe mode?
Not sure exactly where along the boot process you are hanging. But if you can get into safe mode then its probably a driver of some kind choking up on the new configuration.

jdbnsn
03-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Could be a RAM issue as well, if you unplug all your stuff and it still won't boot properly. Try taking out all but 1 stick of RAM in different slots too. Then check with the motherboard manufacturer to see if that RAM is compatible.

Omega
03-07-2006, 10:40 PM
it could be quite a few things, as everybody has stated. how does it post? how many beeps?

try resetting the CMOS jumper, that might do it (unless it's not a mobo issue, in which case the POST will be a single quick beep)

AKA_RA
03-08-2006, 08:53 AM
make sure your power supply can handle everything your throwing at it

pippy
03-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi, thanks for replys
I have fixed it now, i just formated hdd and put xp back on- didnt loose much becasue its all on my 400GB hdd

bigbaddog
03-09-2006, 06:49 AM
I don't know the cause of this problem, but I have had the same experience many times before. Try booting to the XP disc and if this works you may have to do a "repair install" of the OS.

therealjoe
04-01-2006, 08:12 AM
i think its better if you reinstall windows because if you do a repair it makes the system unstable before you do this back your important files