PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini X2

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Scotty
07-01-2006, 08:11 AM
LOL, tis funny,

MDCS hope you like the front page ;), tis only fair for such a nice mod to be there

blue73
07-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Hang in there modders. I'll be gone for 10 days visiting my sister in Florida.

I'll be back :)

Oh how cool is it that She can just nip off to Florida for 10 days... The closest we get is a week in bloody Rhyl!! Ah well..:rolleyes:

MDCS
07-02-2006, 05:44 PM
It's ok to do it in your own worklog. It's annoying to do it in a discussion. Subtle difference, yes, i know.

Be careful who you boss around-you're still new here. Some people might not like it.

-Dave

I didn't know I did double post. :eek: :D

MDCS
07-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Just logging in from my sisters. Showing her my work log.
Her reaction ... same as most. Why do you do this strange thing? :D
I expected that coming from her, her PC is a 486 :eek: :)

And thanks guys for the compliments. Can't wait to get back to it! ;)

tybrenis
07-02-2006, 06:00 PM
I can't wait to see some more MDCS! I'm visiting Georgia myself right now, the weather down here is beautiful! Enjoy your stay.

blue73
07-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Well the weather here in "sunny Manchester" is pants. Thunder n all that. Cant wait to see You back MDCS.. Enjoy Florida kiddo:D

Slatter
07-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Aight MDCS, lemme get this straight... You are a girl, who likes Lambos and is into computer mods... hmmmm... Quick question... are you married? :p

blue73
07-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Well the weather here in "sunny Manchester" is pants. Thunder n all that. Cant wait to see You back MDCS.. Enjoy Florida kiddo:D

And say hello to Yer sister. All the best kiddo!!8)

GT40_GearHead
07-03-2006, 04:53 AM
Aight MDCS, lemme get this straight...

hhahaaha the new guy just got a shock
bet you didn't see that coming, right? =]

MDCS
07-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Aight MDCS, lemme get this straight... You are a girl, who likes Lambos and is into computer mods... hmmmm... Quick question... are you married? :p

Me thinks lots of girls like Lambos.;) As to being married, no, but have a steady for years now. :p

MDCS
07-03-2006, 09:15 AM
And say hello to Yer sister. All the best kiddo!!8)

Thank you. And thanks for the "kiddo". My dad used to call me that, and it was nice to hear it again on this special holiday.

blue73
07-03-2006, 09:18 AM
No worries. At least it's stopped bloody rainin here. Sunny Manchester plah:(

MDCS
07-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Also, tonight when I get some time. I have some shots in my camera I'm going to upload to my photo account so I can re-format the memory stick for some shots down here of sis & family.

Problemchild49
07-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi : I just had some time to look over your mod. It is amasing. I've been it constrution , one way or another for years , your paint booth is great. You have made a good choice in putting your air compessor out side the booth. The fumes in the booth are not only toxic but can also be flamable. The compessor when it starts up can spark and so can light switches.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing the finnished results.

Slatter
07-03-2006, 04:26 PM
hhahaaha the new guy just got a shock
bet you didn't see that coming, right? =]

Nah man, its just that it takes an extra something for females to get Lamborghinis. I mean its design sepcifically to satisfy the male ego... so when a lady gets the lambo vibe, its exciting.

MDCS
07-04-2006, 01:00 AM
The old compressor works again. I kicked it for being a bad boy. And it started right up. :D I think the switch was stuck or something. I'll clean it up and move it outside as well. One thing I like about the new one though is that I can inflate my tires with it, and it also comes with a blow attachment I can use on the cases. 100PSI

Here is the new one.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zz1.jpg

I just put it outside the booth.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zz3.jpg

And cut a hole in the plastic and ran it in that way.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zz11.jpg

From the inside. I put up a few hooks to hold the hose.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zz9.jpg

Wrapped around the ghetto track bar.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zz6.jpg

Also ... told you it was strong (booth). I now keep my ladder up top. :D
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zz8.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zz4.jpg

:D

Saleen
07-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Hi : I just had some time to look over your mod. It is amasing. I've been it constrution , one way or another for years , your paint booth is great. You have made a good choice in putting your air compessor out side the booth. The fumes in the booth are not only toxic but can also be flamable. The compessor when it starts up can spark and so can light switches.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing the finnished results.

LOL, when using an airbrush, there is no flammable AEROSOL propellant. Paint itself won't burn easily. Especially the types of paint she is using.

GT40_GearHead
07-04-2006, 02:00 AM
Nah man, its just that it takes an extra something for females to get Lamborghinis. I mean its design sepcifically to satisfy the male ego... so when a lady gets the lambo vibe, its exciting.

a think a lambo is the quintessence of the womans desire: power and sensuality, and my god the lambo has both of them

but from a male's point of view the lambo appeal's like you said
the male ego...

MDCS pleas corect me if i'm wrong

blue73
07-04-2006, 05:35 AM
a think a lambo is the quintessence of the womans desire: power and sensuality, and my god the lambo has both of them

but from a male's point of view the lambo appeal's like you said

MDCS pleas corect me if i'm wrong

It's the doors that do it for me!!!:D

MDCS
07-04-2006, 06:19 AM
It's the doors that do it for me!!!:D

It's the power that does it for me8) ;)

Which is why I got the FX60 for this one. But ... I know as soon as I drop it in, it will be obsolete:p Don't you hate that? I mean, I love that they keep getting faster and more powerful .., but you lay out over a grand, and two weeks later it goes for $800 and the next speed demon comes out. Just once I'd like it to be the fastest for a few weeks anyway.

MDCS
07-04-2006, 06:27 AM
BTW ... this is the last time I build them like this. I've been doing it
backwards. From now on I'm going to mod the case first, then when it's all
done. I'll buy the CPU, video, and memory last.

blue73
07-04-2006, 06:34 AM
It's the power that does it for me8) ;)

Which is why I got the FX60 for this one. But ... I know as soon as I drop it in, it will be obsolete:p Don't you hate that? I mean, I love that they keep getting faster and more powerful .., but you lay out over a grand, and two weeks later it goes for $800 and the next speed demon comes out. Just once I'd like it to be the fastest for a few weeks anyway.

Cars and PCs are almost the same when it comes to money. Cars depreciate like hell and like You say You lay a wad of cash on what is top end one day and worth bugger all the day after. Just take ATI and nvidia. How many graphics cards are out there. I'll say one more thing shelf stackers at PC World wont ever be stuck for stuff to do thats for sure:D

Defyant
07-04-2006, 09:46 AM
I feel like a ignoramis not taking the time earlier to look all the way thru this worklog,

Im totally impressed with the skill level in all the modding aspecs to this case!

From the quality of the ideas to the work to the awsome paint booth you made the clean worklog pics to the way everthing is turning out!

hats off MDCS! cool modding 8)

MDCS
07-04-2006, 01:09 PM
I feel like a ignoramis not taking the time earlier to look all the way thru this worklog,

Im totally impressed with the skill level in all the modding aspecs to this case!

From the quality of the ideas to the work to the awsome paint booth you made the clean worklog pics to the way everthing is turning out!

hats off MDCS! cool modding 8)

Well ... it's about time! :p :D

Thanks ... coming from the mod god himself ... I guess I'm doing something right:D I don't have your talent, but I do have perseverance. It may take me 5 times to do what you do on the first try ... but I keep trying until I get it.;)
About the only thing I can do is try and come up with a unique idea. (hope no one does my idea for the back of the case before I do)

I thought I was the first to paint the rad-pump-fan combo ... then I look at your log and go .. crap! He's done that too! :rolleyes: And so well.

I use you and Tech-Daddy for ideas and inspiration (and a few other great talents here). Speaking of such ... what happened to TD? His log is gone too?

Slatter
07-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Well ... it's about time! :p :D

Thanks ... coming from the mod god himself ... I guess I'm doing something right:D I don't have your talent, but I do have perseverance. It may take me 5 times to do what you do on the first try ... but I keep trying until I get it.;)
About the only thing I can do is try and come up with a unique idea. (hope no one does my idea for the back of the case before I do)

I thought I was the first to paint the rad-pump-fan combo ... then I look at your log and go .. crap! He's done that too! :rolleyes: And so well.

I use you and Tech-Daddy for ideas and inspiration (and a few other great talents here). Speaking of such ... what happened to TD? His log is gone too?

Whois TD?

crenn
07-04-2006, 05:22 PM
She means Tech-Daddy

Slatter
07-04-2006, 08:02 PM
She means Tech-Daddy

oh! cool.

blue73
07-04-2006, 08:17 PM
BTW ... this is the last time I build them like this. I've been doing it
backwards. From now on I'm going to mod the case first, then when it's all
done. I'll buy the CPU, video, and memory last.

No no. Dont do it like that. I mean whats the point in moddin a case to look wicked then when it comes to fillin it with top gear You end up with compromises. No do it the way You've always done it, Choose the gear, the best You can afford and build the case around it. Surley thats more logical. Or Am I bein plumb?:rolleyes:

blue73
07-04-2006, 08:40 PM
No no. Dont do it like that. I mean whats the point in moddin a case to look wicked then when it comes to fillin it with top gear You end up with compromises. No do it the way You've always done it, Choose the gear, the best You can afford and build the case around it. Surley thats more logical. Or Am I bein plumb?:rolleyes:

Im sorry:redface:

Had a rethink and Yer spot on. I mean this whole site and its forum is based on creativity. It shouldnt matter whats inside the case its how its presented. So I aspologise.

Defyant
07-04-2006, 10:50 PM
TD! IMHO is fast becomming one of the coolest top modders on the NET!

I like his visions and the way he uses colours and shapes, guys like TD, HAL , have always blown me away with what thy do.. right back to our early days.

I hope we havn't seen the last of TD!!!

I thought I was the first to paint the rad-pump-fan combo

You were!! i prolly got my idea from you :D

Cheers MDCS again awsome modding :)

jestyyr
07-05-2006, 06:37 AM
Very nice mod so far (miles beyond my current skills and resources:P)

also a question, with the way you are running the hose from the compressor, wouldn't it be easier to attach a panel with a (unsure of what they are called, but they are the bit that hoses clamp on to) few double sided ones of the whatsit on it?
will try that again, would it not be more convenient in the long run to have apanel attached to your spray booth that your compressor connects to on one side, and your brushes on the other? would require a second hose though I guess but would mean none were permanently attached to the booth.

crenn
07-05-2006, 09:43 AM
TD! IMHO is fast becomming one of the coolest top modders on the NET!

I like his visions and the way he uses colours and shapes, guys like TD, HAL , have always blown me away with what thy do.. right back to our early days.

I hope we havn't seen the last of TD!!!

It's impossible to get rid of TD, just when you think he has disappeared for good, he'll be back with another modding wonder!

blue73
07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
TDs probably stuck in a workshop hidden from view and masterin a new world beater!! Or He's just on holiday.

isunktheship
07-05-2006, 07:10 PM
This mod looks great, just another reason I want to build my own! Keep up the beautiful work!

blue73
07-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Come on mucker we need more info. Hows the mod goin?:p Only messin kidder, when Yer ready, Im sure its gonna be worth it. Hope Yer hols are good.

MDCS
07-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Very nice mod so far (miles beyond my current skills and resources:P)

also a question, with the way you are running the hose from the compressor, wouldn't it be easier to attach a panel with a (unsure of what they are called, but they are the bit that hoses clamp on to) few double sided ones of the whatsit on it?
will try that again, would it not be more convenient in the long run to have apanel attached to your spray booth that your compressor connects to on one side, and your brushes on the other? would require a second hose though I guess but would mean none were permanently attached to the booth.

It does have a second hose already attached. See pic ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zz11.jpg

Inside stays ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zz9.jpg

I have a hook on the wall (outside booth), and the coil hose and the woven hose are connected just outside the booth. That way I can use the compressor for other stuff in the garage. And leave the woven hose where it's at. See, I already thought of that:D And ... I have quick connections coming so I can just snap them on-off if needed.

:)

MDCS
07-05-2006, 11:04 PM
It's impossible to get rid of TD, just when you think he has disappeared for good, he'll be back with another modding wonder!

I think he mentioned his next mod. So lets hope that's what he's doing.

This mod looks great, just another reason I want to build my own! Keep up the beautiful work!

Why thank you. Always like to hear that. ;) :D

Slatter
07-07-2006, 12:48 PM
any idea when you'll be ready to start working on the lambo again? :)

Slatter
07-08-2006, 07:27 PM
awefully quiet in here.... the crickets are taking over... someone say something

GT40_GearHead
07-08-2006, 07:32 PM
i'll say something....!

have a Q for MDCS:how much did you pay for the paint setup
(compressor air gun paint brush etc)

Slatter
07-09-2006, 10:11 PM
I just realised that I have a Mesh Fetish.... Should I start a thread dedicated to the this beautifull hex pattern perforated metaloid??? :D

MDCS
07-10-2006, 02:01 AM
i'll say something....!
have a Q for MDCS:how much did you pay for the paint setup
(compressor air gun paint brush etc)

The little compressor was $49.95 or $59.95 I can't remember now(on sale) 40PSI, and the bigger one was $79 100PSI (also on sale). The airbrushes ... well I have about 6 or 7 of them now. From $29.95 to $300.

And, I hope to get some work done soon to show everyone.

MDCS
07-10-2006, 02:03 AM
I just realised that I have a Mesh Fetish.... Should I start a thread dedicated to the this beautifull hex pattern perforated metaloid??? :D

I don't think so.:D :D

Slatter
07-10-2006, 05:27 PM
To: MDCS

Lambo Exhaust Mesh
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/7108/diablo60117hr.jpg

Lambo D6 Mesh
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6886/lamborghinidiablo13353bx.jpg

Gallardo Mesh
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/633/lamborghinigallardo10349fc.jpg

So I was thinking maybe you should mesh it up a bit as well...:p :p :p

DaveW
07-10-2006, 05:55 PM
mmm....tasty cars :D

-Dave

MDCS
07-11-2006, 12:10 AM
You're getting kinda close to what I want to surprise people with. BUT ... it's not mesh. I was going to add tailpipes, but I heard of someone else doing that (I already had some from a mod bike shop (peddle bike) picked out, and about the right size.) so I changed my mind on that.

Beside the mesh in the scoop, and two small places on the inside, that will be it for mesh on this build. I was thinking of carbon fiber for a few spots though.

Slatter
07-12-2006, 03:58 AM
you should definietely leave the carbon for the inside of the case... otherwise its gonna start looking like a Zonda S.

Well I know you are well into your mod and it might be too late in the day to mentioning this, but I think you should follow the "design cue" of the lambo rather then making the case look like a lambo (JUST MY OPINION). Thus instead of tailpipes, take the idea of wrapping the inside part of something with mesh, and put it in your case.

Its gonna be one helluva mod.
Good Luck

Shikimaru
07-12-2006, 05:21 AM
/starts chant

"more Modding, more modding"

love what you're doing, looks fabulous ;)

.alchinko.
07-12-2006, 07:53 PM
well im makeing a BMW case so i like the tail pipe idea.... maybe a dual exaust might not look bad.. thnks for idea. nice mod. incredible if id say

OvRiDe
07-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Saw this (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/mouse/lamborghini-mouse-pad-186959.php) on Gizmodo.. Perfect for this mod.. :D

GT40_GearHead
07-13-2006, 03:53 AM
damn OvRiDe now she's gonna make her own

<EDIT> now this aint right, how can this log not have a rating, MDCS you got what you deserve from me... *****

MDCS
07-13-2006, 01:38 PM
damn OvRiDe now she's gonna make her own

<EDIT> now this aint right, how can this log not have a rating, MDCS you got what you deserve from me... *****

$63 for a mouse pad?:eek: Now I'll have to make my own.

Just kidding:D :D :D

Cool GT, thanks for the rating! ;)

MDCS
07-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Sorry for all the delays everyone. Hectic here. Vacation, root canal work, switching PC's as main PC to standby PC, programming job taking a lot of time. I have all kinds of excuses don't I :) But the mod really is on my mind all the time. No matter what, this weekend I'll get some more work done. Promise. :)

.alchinko.
07-13-2006, 04:30 PM
damn so ok i just pretty much read this whole worklog... thats really cool the paint booth. also im making a BMW case and i thought an idea to make the emblem the power switch, im not sure if someone might have mentioned that but that would be kind o cool. also i thoguht of doing a window like your but that was befor i saw yours. another idea is haveing your water tank resifores (bad spelling) NOS tanks... thats what i think im gonna do. although NOS isnt really a lambo tyoe of thing so maybe not. but anyways illl keep my eye on this thread now that i read most of it. but im gonna go work on my case now because ive gotten a few ideas reading this!

Omega
07-13-2006, 05:08 PM
(Rating)

Slatter
07-16-2006, 02:05 PM
"i am getting withdrawl syndrome... MDCS show us your t.......... ummm work progress" (poor attempt at some humor)

Aero
07-16-2006, 03:07 PM
"i am getting withdrawl syndrome... MDCS show us your t.......... ummm work progress" (poor attempt at some humor)

you have failed.

Wow, I haven't been watching this mod too much. Wish I did. Its lookin good I'll have to pop in here more. Keep up the good work.8)

MDCS
07-17-2006, 12:30 AM
i thoguht of doing a window like your but that was befor i saw yours.

It took me a while to decide on that. I didn't want the box or circle type, but something that fit the car. I had to make them shorter in height then I wanted, but I had to make it proportional to the case side. So, it looked like the long windows of the Lamborghini.

MDCS
07-17-2006, 12:51 AM
I promised I would do something this weekend ... well I managed do get some of it done.

Inside bay area finished with pearl white. (still needs clear of course)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case10.jpg

Started on the metal doors. Even though most of the metal is covered, you
still see some of it when you take the doors off. So, I painted them pearl
white to match the interior of the case.

Left side.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case6.jpg
Right side.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case13.jpg

And ... the drive bay and front fan holder.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case1.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case3.jpg

Next I started on the case. Prep work.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case8.jpg

A base coat and a few light coats of pearl.
Wrapped the wires in foil (will be sleeved, but need to keep paint off
connections anyway) The case is a little big for the airbrush, so I used a
touch-up gun.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case14.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case15.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case16.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case17.jpg

Unfortunately, I ran out of reducer after the second light coat, so I'll have to
stop and get some tomorrow to finish the case.

Neat little gizmo I picked up for the back of the case. ;)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case9.jpg

Slatter
07-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Neat little gizmo I picked up for the back of the case. ;)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case9.jpg

what is it?

overdosedelusion
07-17-2006, 12:51 PM
just been looking through the whole thread and i must say your mod is looking so nice already, i wish i had the visual ideas you do and tehe inginuity to put it into practice. totally awesome so far :D

tapion440
07-17-2006, 03:21 PM
what is it?

Don't know what shes(?) planning on doing with it though... (http://www.topshelflabs.com/products.htm)

isunktheship
07-17-2006, 03:53 PM
I shall steal any ideas from here for my bugatti mod!

Think of it as a compliment!

(JK I've got all the plans laid out already)

Aero
07-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Don't know what shes(?) planning on doing with it though... (http://www.topshelflabs.com/products.htm)

I'm gonna guess sine she said for the back that it will have to do with brake lights or something that come on when the PC comes on. But thats just my guess :p.

MDCS
07-17-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm gonna guess sine she said for the back that it will have to do with brake lights or something that come on when the PC comes on. But thats just my guess :p.

Darn it! You got it Aero. I'm going to make a proportional tail light for the back with active lights. Hope no one beats me to it. My fault. I let out too many clues. Now, I'm going to have to jump ahead to get it done.:D I already have the RED-ORANGE-BLACK-WHITE plexi for the job.

Aero
07-17-2006, 10:46 PM
wow, not bad for my second post in the thread :D. I like that little device thing. I might look into one of them for my mod. But don't worry, not for brake lights, more like radioactive cooling towers8).

MDCS
07-18-2006, 01:26 AM
I shall steal any ideas from here for my bugatti mod!

Think of it as a compliment!

(JK I've got all the plans laid out already)

:D :D

I think we all do that. I know I do.:p

MDCS
07-18-2006, 01:32 AM
just been looking through the whole thread and i must say your mod is looking so nice already, i wish i had the visual ideas you do and tehe inginuity to put it into practice. totally awesome so far :D

Thank you. I didn't know what I was doing when I started. But jump in, try something on your case. It's lots of fun. :D Start with a few lights, spiffy fans, then before you know it, you'll have confidence to try other things. 8)

overdosedelusion
07-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Thank you. I didn't know what I was doing when I started. But jump in, try something on your case. It's lots of fun. :D Start with a few lights, spiffy fans, then before you know it, you'll have confidence to try other things. 8)

aye, i have installed small things like neons and led's. and i was thinking that once i had the bottle, id cut a window into my case, as the small mesh vents on the sides of the TJ07 arnt much use for showing off :P

MDCS
07-18-2006, 01:13 PM
aye, i have installed small things like neons and led's. and i was thinking that once i had the bottle, id cut a window into my case, as the small mesh vents on the sides of the TJ07 arnt much use for showing off :P

My bad. :D
I just read your tag line. Should have done that first.:D
I see you have some modding done.

Windows are easy and they're a good first, big time mod to begin with.
Good luck, and post some pics when you do it.;)

overdosedelusion
07-18-2006, 09:55 PM
i will try cutting a window in the pc i have upstairs.

old, ugly, and generic (wouldnt want to ruin my tj07 just yet considering its cost) ill do a window and see where i go from there.

any input on the tool requirements, and what ill need for the window, i.e. plexi??

Omega
07-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Wrong thread to ask that in, and your sig is at least 5x the maximum limit.

overdosedelusion
07-19-2006, 02:38 AM
Wrong thread to ask that in, and your sig is at least 5x the maximum limit.

sorry :( noob

MDCS
07-19-2006, 02:42 AM
i will try cutting a window in the pc i have upstairs.

old, ugly, and generic (wouldnt want to ruin my tj07 just yet considering its cost) ill do a window and see where i go from there.

any input on the tool requirements, and what ill need for the window, i.e. plexi??

The Dremel is my choice for that. Then use a file, then the Dremel again with the sander to smooth it out.

ComputerKing
07-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Man ,.... If this project will be like Lamborghini you will be a clever guy :)

Good head Give us update i cannt wait complete it man :D Good Luck

OvRiDe
07-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Man ,.... If this project will be like Lamborghini you will be a clever guy :)

Good head Give us update i cannt wait complete it man :D Good Luck

You should read this post (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29388&postcount=152&highlight=dudess)... ;)

b4i7
07-20-2006, 01:40 AM
lol *cough*shes a girl*/cough*

Slatter
07-20-2006, 06:04 AM
lol *cough*shes a girl*/cough*

lol

Silenced_Coyote
07-21-2006, 02:35 AM
This project has brought us a whole bunch of surprises, an awesome mod and a secret that was revealed. ;)

Watching this worklog (as an outsider) made me register to be able to comment on what a great work you have been doing. I really can't wait to see the finished case! But I don't want to add to the pressure of making you rush, so take all the time you want. hehe :)

Also, thanks for inspiring me to mod cases. A few months ago, I was planning on buying an overpriced case that was pre-modded. Now when I look at those cases, I just see cheap plastic and just plain stupidness.

slaveofconvention
07-22-2006, 03:54 PM
A few months ago, I was planning on buying an overpriced case that was pre-modded. Now when I look at those cases, I just see cheap plastic and just plain stupid.

Another one saved!!!! *does a lil dance*

MDCS
07-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Another one saved!!!! *does a lil dance*

Wait until he sees Paul Capello's Doom 3. :D

MDCS
07-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Running behind again. Really ... very busy the last few weeks. Hope to get a lot done this week though. I have some time. :)

Omega
07-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Also, thanks for inspiring me to mod cases. A few months ago, I was planning on buying an overpriced case that was pre-modded. Now when I look at those cases, I just see cheap plastic and just plain stupidness.

Very few premodded cases (Read: Lian Li's, ThermalTakes, and Cooler Masters) are nice.

Alot are crap though.

<3

Silenced_Coyote
07-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Wait until he sees Paul Capello's Doom 3. :D

I have seen some of Paul's mods like the Doom 3 and the Nighthawk one. They are really cool and it blew me away looking at his skill and creativity. But, I am more into a (how should I say this) clean, elegant look, and even beautiful (Amberella's Lotus Blossum (http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6227/uvflower3la.jpg)). I thought I saw her worklog a while back then I couldn't find it. Then while I was reading through Aero's Guide to Modding Part 1, I saw a pic of her side panel. Sorry for the sidetrack :redface: . So I guess that is why I like your's so much, not that I don't like Paul's too! In my opinion it is like buying a Lamgorghini over a Hummer decked out in anything/everything you could imagine.

Very few premodded cases (Read: Lian Li's, ThermalTakes, and Cooler Masters) are nice.

Alot are crap though.

I was originally going to buy the XG Dragon (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811171080). I feel so ashamed now, lol.

The Silverstone TJ07 is hypnotizing me right now. :p

MDCS
07-26-2006, 10:56 PM
But, I am more into a (how should I say this) clean, elegant look

I feel the same way. I love Paul's work. But the Doom machine wouldn't exactly fit my house decor. :D :D But for the work ... who could beat it?

8)

MDCS
07-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Okay, finally stopped by and bought some more reducer.
(really needed for pearl paints)
And finished the case and door metal panels.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case0010.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case0011.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case008.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case009.jpg

The gun I used for the case.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case005.jpg

Like I mentioned earlier, I already had the plexi for the tail light.
Red, white, orange, and the smoke I'm using for the case windows.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case002.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case003.jpg

The cement I'll be using for the windows and tail lights.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case004.jpg

For the heck of it ... my new electronic station. :D
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case007.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/case006.jpg

Now ... all the parts are painted with their basic colors. I now will do all the
candy colors on the outside pearl red this weekend, and they have to be
cleared soon after candy is sprayed. So, I'll do all the clear coating (outside
panels, inside case, misc. parts) in one shot.

isunktheship
07-26-2006, 11:33 PM
that paint job is so clean! I need to invest in a paint gun... I don't want to spend a lot of money though. OH well.

Cagedconnerman
07-27-2006, 12:26 AM
wow..........speaks for itself

MDCS
07-27-2006, 12:29 AM
that paint job is so clean! I need to invest in a paint gun... I don't want to spend a lot of money though. OH well.

That gun was the cheapest one I bought. $9.95 from "Freight Harbor".
Works great too. The airbrushes are fine for smaller parts and details, but this one is much better for larger jobs.

isunktheship
07-30-2006, 05:10 AM
thats not bad at all!

MDCS
07-31-2006, 01:41 AM
Managed to get some work done. Had 3 problems as well.
First, the design was changed. Second the candy bled (my fault, sprayed
too heavy on the last coats). Third, while fixing the second, I created the
third problem.

Take a look at the booth now. :D What a mess. But glad it's in here instead
of the garage (main reason for building it :rolleyes: )

Paint dust everywhere ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip4.jpg

Even on the top of the light ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip2.jpg

About the 15th filter I've made (just one shooting) ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip3.jpg

Well, it's doing its job.:)

Noticed I never showed a shot of the front.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip5.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip6.jpg

Parts waiting for clear.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip8.jpg

Did some masking for my candy design, and painted it with yellow, sunset,
orange, and red candy paint.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip15.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip13.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip14.jpg

Couldn't show each color spray, to hectic between coats
(cleaning brush, bottles, mixing ... that kind of stuff).

Unmasked ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip9.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip11.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip10.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip12.jpg
It bled in a couple of spots ... (it will bleed if to heavy) fixed it, then decided ...

I hated the design on the doors!!!!!
Loved it on the hood;)

So ... yup, I waited until it was dry. Then sanded it to start again
(but just clean this time).

Here is where I made the problem. While sanding the main door, I grabbed it
by the window (like I did the other one) where the old intake used to be, and
cracked my bondo work.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip1.jpg

So, I had to redo that again with more bondo, putty, sanding, just to get
back to square one with it again.

And I did ... I re-sanded, did a couple of base coats, and the first 3 light
coats of pearl. I'll leave it on the hood though.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip17.jpg

After a few more coats of pearl. Then ... I did everything in a transparent
mid coat to make the pearl even for the clear coats.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip7.jpg

The candy colors should be cleared right away, so I'll do that as soon as it cures. And the clear will make the candy come alive (I've read and have been told. Wouldn't know ... never cleared candy yet :p )
I was hoping to clear coat everything this weekend, but just couldn't get to it with all the extra work on the doors. Maybe this week.

b4i7
07-31-2006, 02:03 AM
i love the color of the paint......i love the shine....

its like mine cept im usin blue :D

xpc
07-31-2006, 03:30 AM
me too i love the paint! perfect! :)

and very nice concept

isunktheship
07-31-2006, 04:32 PM
This is true, the clear coating will make it shine like none other!! I can't wait!

Oh and xpc, kumusta ka na?

xpc
07-31-2006, 08:16 PM
isunktheship

hi bro. im fine. how about you? bawal mag ibang language dito right?

Silenced_Coyote
08-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I was looking through you update and saw the design on your doors and I have to agree with you. Because I was going looking through the pics and was hoping that the designs on the door were just my imagination. I'm glad you changed it.

Slatter
08-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Looking good MDCS...

xpc
08-03-2006, 12:09 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzip2.jpg

bro may i know what you call on that metal sheet? because i need that also
for my next project :)

thanks.

Luke122
08-03-2006, 04:12 PM
That would be called "Diamond Plate". :D

Cagedconnerman
08-03-2006, 08:47 PM
wow, looking great

chris_kalan
08-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Yep, that's diamond plating. You should be able to find it at any hardware store. At my local Home Depot, they sell it in 2' x 2' sheets, but you should be able to find it in a wide variety of sizes.

isunktheship
08-08-2006, 07:56 PM
haha, ooo i didnt think about that xpc. (they'll never know bwhahaha).

MDCS
08-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Actually started to clear coat parts. (I hate spraying clear :( ) Pics coming soon.

Silenced_Coyote
08-10-2006, 02:34 AM
I can't wait to see it all with clear coat on them!

Is spraying clear really that bad?

MDCS
08-10-2006, 08:48 AM
I can't wait to see it all with clear coat on them!

Is spraying clear really that bad?

Yes, it sucks. AutoAir colors are great. But clear always makes a fog in the booth. Stinks a lot. Sticks to everything in the booth. And you need a painters suit, sealing goggles, gloves, and the respirator. :rolleyes:

MDCS
08-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Here are the parts clear coated. Funny, I was getting used to them not being
cleared, and now can't decide if they look better shiny or not. :p

Front cleared. All parts still need to be rubbed out with compound.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclear1.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclear2.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclear3.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclear4.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclear5.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclear6.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclear8.jpg

Hood Scoop ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclr3.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclr4.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclr5.jpg

Doors ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclr7.jpg

Case ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclr6.jpg

Case Closeup ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzclr1.jpg

Looks like I'm done painting for now. Now comes the fun part of putting it all
together. I guess I'll start with putting in the windows, nameplate,
Lamborghini decals, then re-start on the front bay components.

Darn, that reminds me. I still need to open the front door and clear coat the
pearl white. :( I'm sure I'm forgetting something:? , so I'll keep the spray
guns clean and handy:D

;)

Rankenphile
08-10-2006, 11:23 AM
I love how meticulous and patient you have been with this project, MDCS. You've got an incredible eye for detail and an excellent work ethic that shows very strongly in this entire project. Keep it up, I can't wait to see it come together.

MDCS
08-11-2006, 02:50 AM
I love how meticulous and patient you have been with this project, MDCS. You've got an incredible eye for detail and an excellent work ethic that shows very strongly in this entire project. Keep it up, I can't wait to see it come together.

Thanks. But I confess, I already have 3 systems. :D And, I have no idea on where or what I'll use this one for. Unless, it becomes one of my favorites and I bump another from it's job. :D So, time isn't really a factor with this case. It's being made as an LP case, and I'll probably just keep it on standby for a switch. ;) Even though it will be faster then my X2 4800+ - SLI 7800GTX's it's gonna be hard to replace my E.L.L. which holds the job now.:rolleyes:

meticoeus
08-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Great job with this case. I have a noob question what do you mean by LP and E.L.L. cases?

MDCS
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Great job with this case. I have a noob question what do you mean by LP and E.L.L. cases?

LP just means Lan Party. The other is just my name for my LP case now. Elegant Lian Li. :D ;)

Aero
08-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Wow, looks good. Is the paint smooth? In the pictures it looks really textured, but that might just be the lighting in the pics. Looks good though, have fun putting it all togather.

b4i7
08-11-2006, 10:17 PM
i think itjust looks like that cuz of the pearl

Silenced_Coyote
08-11-2006, 11:46 PM
So are you going to keep them shiny or not? :p

MDCS
08-12-2006, 07:49 AM
So are you going to keep them shiny or not? :p

Yes, AutoAir colors need the clear coat to keep from scratching.;)

MDCS
08-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Wow, looks good. Is the paint smooth? In the pictures it looks really textured, but that might just be the lighting in the pics. Looks good though, have fun putting it all togather.

It needs to be sanded and then rubbed out to make it totally smooth and shiny. It's a urethane clear and sand-able. :D The transparent mid-coat made it pretty level with the pearl. And it really is pretty smooth right now, but can be a lot better. ;)

MDCS
08-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Weird, looking at the shots, the door looks like it has orange peel. But when I look at it real close, I can't see it. I guess it's the lighting. Hopefully after sanding and rubbing compound, it will look right.

MDCS
08-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Just so everyone knows what's going on. While sanding the parts and making them smooth and shiny (lots of work) The rack I keep the case parts on fell over and the front piece snapped, chipped, and the front door latches broke. Too much weight on it I guess. I actually have a case backup, but it's such a lot of work to start over again on that piece. So ... I've been deciding on what to do.

Start over again. Try & fix the front and replace the hinges? Not sure ...

Drac998
08-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Shizzer!!!!!!!!

That is not something that anyone wants to hear about something that they have worked so hard and carefully on. Hopefully you'll get something out of that hardwork.

boost1105
08-22-2006, 12:16 AM
i read from start to here and i'm spechless, good work dudess :D

It's nice to see the ladies modding too

Silenced_Coyote
08-22-2006, 02:27 AM
I saw that this thread has been updated and I rushed here in hopes to find pictures of your beautiful case, finished in all its glory. But reading your news update has brought sorrow upon sorrow... This is terrible!!!

MDCS
08-22-2006, 10:06 AM
I saw that this thread has been updated and I rushed here in hopes to find pictures of your beautiful case, finished in all its glory. But reading your news update has brought sorrow upon sorrow... This is terrible!!!

It bums out nobody more then me.:mad: I thought I would be a lot farther down the mod road by now. :rolleyes: I'm going to try and repair the front. If it looks like crap or I can't fix the hinge's (I'm not as mechanically inclined as some of you guys) I'll start on the backup. At least it wasn't the hood scoop or the doors which had a lot of bondo and cutting. The front was just sanded and painted. :( Oh well ...:redface:

dgrmkrp
08-22-2006, 11:47 AM
MDCS... don't give up! we areright behind u.. watching :) think of it as another shot or a test of patience.. redoing the front gives u options and u know what they say: practice makes perfect:) don't give up :)

Silenced_Coyote
08-22-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm sure one of the mechanically inclined guys can give you some help with the hinges.

MDCS
09-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Yes, I'm still here! :rolleyes:

Working on the front piece has been a real pain. And I might just start that
piece over again. But in the meantime, I have a little teaser for you.;)

A couple of shots of the hood scoop. I just need to repaint the black mesh, and
it's done.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/Clip16-1.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/Clip14-1.jpg

The scoop fan wire looks a little battered. But it will be hidden between the plastic hood top and the metal case. The back part will be covered with black leather, which is black plastic now.

Silenced_Coyote
09-02-2006, 03:37 PM
You are back! :)

So besides the front piece being a real pain, how is the progress on it so far?

progbuddy
09-03-2006, 12:42 AM
lolz. Half the thread is a workshop-building lesson:p .

MDCS
09-05-2006, 09:13 AM
lolz. Half the thread is a workshop-building lesson:p .

A few pages out of 38 isn't exactly half now is it? :?
And it's something we all could use at one point or another.

MDCS
09-05-2006, 09:14 AM
No one comments on the hood scoop? I think it looks pretty cool all sanded and polished. :(

tybrenis
09-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Wow MDCS! That hood scopp sure does look pretty cool all sanded and polished!

Lol, no, seriously, I really does. I just got to this thread.

MitaPi
09-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Same here, I just read the ENTIRE thread. It only took me 20 minutes :eek:

The scoop is my favorite part actually. I dont know why but I just love scoops. Hoods, Side Panels, Roofs, etc.. I used to only think of them for cars... but you pretty much changed that! Very well done! You are surely a credit to the modding scene. Congratulations!

The Best of Luck to You!
Joshua (Aka MitaPi)

:eek: Thats right people, I just posted my name for the first time. This woman deserves at least that yes? Takes quite a bit to get me super impressed. *cough* Defyant, Crimson, etc. *cough*

EDIT:
I had a thought to as why I (and all men should) give women way more respect than I do with men. Put it this way... if men were the ones who gave birth in this race, we all would of gone and done ourselves in! IF there is something out there that created us... I think that is why the gift of life was entrusted to women and not men. Which is fine by me.. because we all know that men could never do what a woman does! WOW! :eek:

Tech-Daddy
09-05-2006, 02:17 PM
STELLAR JOB!

I wish I would have had the time to do my scoop with such precision. You patience and determination show. It is a really, really good job!

Keep it up!

M!ST!CX
09-05-2006, 03:13 PM
i cant wait to see it finish...hurry up :D
you did a perfect,awesome,great and etc. job :D

MDCS
09-13-2006, 04:48 PM
More bad news ... I dropped my $500 camera and broke it. :mad:
(I loved that little camera) So, this may be my last update for awhile
(I don't know when I can afford to replace it).

Sorry I didn't take more shots before I broke it.

Lots of work sanding and polishing this case
(it's huge, and takes a lot of elbow grease :p )

Trying to get the chrome trim to fit.
Keeps kinking on me as you can see.
I may have to go to a larger size or put in the black trim I have.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/endmod5.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/endmod6.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/endmod7.jpg

Closeup of trim ... 1/4 inch.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/endmod3.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/endmod8.jpg

Last shot I took before dropping it ... just bought 2 new gigs of Corsair
memory for my LP case (now 4 gigs of Corsair Pro memory). (figures I spend
my extra cash right before I break my camera :rolleyes: )
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/endmod1.jpg

I've had a lot of bad luck while doing this mod.
I finally had the front fixed (and took the hinge off the backup case)
repainted it and sanded all the parts (the clear was nice and cured and they
look pretty good). I'm just starting to put it together.

I may get one of those crappy throw-away cameras until I can get a new
one. So, If I do, the pics may not be as good. :( It has to be digital for my
PC ... I've seen the other kind, so I'm sure by now they have throw-away
digital cameras as well.

:(

tybrenis
09-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Bummer about the camera. Yeah, they make decent disposable ones these days for a pretty good price. For fund raising, there's always eBay! Thats what I do when I need funds for a mod or something. Just sell some crap you don't need.

Silenced_Coyote
09-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Sorry to hear that you suffered more bad luck...

I hope you get the smaller chrome trim to work out. It looks REALLY good.

nzcubey
09-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey MDCS,

Ive been following this mod for ages. I really admire the effort you put into this, and the problem solving eg home spraying booth.
In light of this recent bad luck, i thought this would be the appropriate time to sign up and take off my hat in a moment in silence. Im gutted about your camera, id hate to lose my camera (i love it to bits).

They do have desposible digitals these days, but if worse comes to worse, im sure we can all hang out till you get your stuff back together.

Congrats on the wicked mod so far, and sorry about all the bad luck youve had so far.

~Charles
PS hope your luck is better for the rest of this mod :)

MDCS
09-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey MDCS,
In light of this recent bad luck, i thought this would be the appropriate time to sign up and take off my hat in a moment in silence. Im gutted about your camera, id hate to lose my camera (i love it to bits).

Yeah, it broke my heart. I loved my little camera.

They do have desposible digitals these days, but if worse comes to worse, im sure we can all hang out till you get your stuff back together.

As they say on the Sopranos "forgetaboutit":p

I spent last night checking out all the digital cameras and reading reviews.
And decided to go ahead and put one on my credit card anyway.
Here is the one I think I'll get, it's 10.1 mp and is cheaper then the one I had.
It gets pretty good reviews though.
http://www.oneclickdigital.com/product.asp?productid=CASEXZ1000#
The Casio EXILM EX-Z1000

It comes with a 8mb SD card (what a joke) but I have a 1 gig SD card already that will do just fine.
And is only $275 with shipping.

Congrats on the wicked mod so far, and sorry about all the bad luck youve had so far.

Thank you! :D

PS hope your luck is better for the rest of this mod :)

I'm not gonna say it couldn't get worse, because I know it can.:rolleyes: I'm just hoping it won't.:D

MDCS
09-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear that you suffered more bad luck...

I hope you get the smaller chrome trim to work out. It looks REALLY good.

I think so too. Maybe I'll just order some more and start again (I only bought enough last time for the 2 windows). I tried the black, and think it sucks!:p

MDCS
09-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Thats what I do when I need funds for a mod or something. Just sell some crap you don't need.

I need all my crap!:D

MDCS
09-14-2006, 01:49 PM
One thing though. My camera that broke, after reading reviews about it (I was thinking of getting the same one again) the review said it can make your
shots bleed ... I looked at my shots and right off the bat I noticed
something. Check out the chrome trim sitting on the door, you can see this
bleeding (review said watercolor effect) and they are right. I never noticed it
before. But you can see the distortion on the red next to the chrome trim.

So ... now I'm glad I'm getting a new one :) :)

MDCS
09-14-2006, 02:28 PM
ADDUNDUM on the price of the Casio Exilm EX-Z1000.

Even though it's only $270 at the above place. They call to confirm each order (never had that before - chance to sell you more crap - and they did :) ) they told me the battery only lasts 15 minutes ... and sold me a 5 hour battery for an extra $89. So, with shipping, it came to $364 :( oh well. At least it will have 5 hours and 1 gig of SD memory.

Silenced_Coyote
09-14-2006, 04:43 PM
That sucks that the battery that comes with it only lasts 15 minutes... I wonder what conditions they used to test both batteries. Anyways, glad you got a new camera so soon!

MitaPi
09-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Oooh... Nice new gizmo! Got to spend the extra $$$ if you want the good quality photos, just make sure you dont drop this one! ;) Just messin with you. :p Anyways, glad to see you got a new one!

Best of Luck,
Joshua

Wait, is yours the model that has 10.1MP?? THATS SWEET! Mine only has 3 :( lol

isunktheship
09-14-2006, 11:36 PM
eeee sorery to hear about the camera, that is some awesome edging you put on the case. I thought for a minute that you were going to just put on the standard black, but I should have known better.

Good work madam. :D

MDCS
09-15-2006, 09:10 AM
And the luck continues :redface:
Don't buy from the place I tried to. I called Casio and found out it has one of the longest batteries in cameras going. The place is a switch & bait shop. I called back after talking to Casio and tried to stop the charge of the extra battery. The guy says nope. Too bad you're getting it. I said but I don't want it now, I just want the camera, he kept saying too bad. I said you can't force me to buy it. He said yes I can. I said I was going to call the NY district attorney, he then said okay, but there is a 30% cancel fee. WHAT? I still want the camera just not the battery. He said we now are out of stock and hung up on me. :mad: I'm not to sure he won't still charge my card or not, but if he does, I will use a chargeback:eek:

Here is a link to some of their ratings.
http://lowpricedigital.com/merchant.asp?merchant_id=15&view=reviews&StartRow=21

Anyway ... ended up getting it from some place called J&R for $319.99 ( a few cheaper sites had it for less but called it the import model (not in English). :rolleyes:

And the beat goes on!

Tech-Daddy
09-15-2006, 12:05 PM
what an a$$hat! Contest the charge, and if the shipment shows up on your doorstep, refuse it. Contact your charge card immediately and contest the charge.

SharkMan
09-15-2006, 04:26 PM
were you the guy that said in one of the negative comments that you would contact your attorney general? because it doesn't matter if they are in a different state, my mom wrote to ours about a certain EA game not mentioning additional billing procedures in the pre-order, and they refunded our money if we sent the game back to them, and they even paid for the shipping. they are in california and i'm from ohio; so it definately works over state lines.

Silenced_Coyote
09-15-2006, 04:53 PM
what an a$$hat! Contest the charge, and if the shipment shows up on your doorstep, refuse it. Contact your charge card immediately and contest the charge.

Don't really have anything more to say. Tech-Daddy pretty much said it all. Since that guy "said" that they are out of stock, I doubt you will see it on your doorstep. But that probably won't stop them from charging you. I hope this is all resolved promptly.

I think it was Discover, not sure. But they have a thing where you can generate a one time credit card # to order something online. It sounds pretty neat. I would hate to have a store like that with my credit card # on file.

I think J&R is good. But I have only ordered iPod accessories from them.

MDCS
09-15-2006, 07:50 PM
were you the guy that said in one of the negative comments that you would contact your attorney general?

No, mine hasn't shown up yet.
Thay are listed on the BBB as doing business under a dozen known names.
And ... yesterday while doing a google search for the camera, I called some other places that had really good deals on the Casio EX1000 and the same guy answered. That was spooky:D Their main name is "Best Buy Digital", not "One Click Digital". Glad I went with JR instead. ;)

MDCS
09-15-2006, 07:55 PM
I think it was Discover, not sure. But they have a thing where you can generate a one time credit card # to order something online. It sounds pretty neat. I would hate to have a store like that with my credit card # on file.

I think J&R is good. But I have only ordered iPod accessories from them.

I like to threaten a "Charge-back". That way the bank gets the money back for you and charges the company a big fee on the side. So they lose, not you. Works most of the time because online sales don't have that signature to verify the sale. I've never had to do it yet, but the threat usually works:D

meticoeus
09-16-2006, 03:38 PM
I finally got to read your whole worklog. Sorry to hear about all of the bad luck with this project but everything looks amazing. The paint booth was brilliant (might have to try that at some point). Personnaly, I won't buy stuff online until I've researched a company first, especially for pricier stuff like electronics. From what I can see in the pics, it looks like you did a good job of capturing the style of windows, especially that you just free handed them.

Best of luck finishing this beast.

MDCS
09-16-2006, 06:23 PM

He better not charge me! I logged onto my bank account and so far only the sale from J&R has shown up.

BTW ... voted for your Boss on the Dell site. ;)

Acey
09-20-2006, 02:39 AM
um.. may I ask what brand is the stock casing? Looks nice, never seen one like that before...

Tech-Daddy
09-20-2006, 09:04 AM
ASUS Vento.

very first page!
;)

MDCS
09-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Okay, I jumped ahead. :rolleyes: I've had some time the last two weeks to work on the mod, which is when I broke my camera in the first place. And according to UPS I don't get my new one until Friday (I think they sent it "Pony Express" :) ). And I'll have some shots for you then so you can see what I've done (I will save the other door so you can watch it develop, because the easy door has now become the hard door to work on. Reason, that side will have the pic and LED lights added).

But ... I did the chrome trim, and put in the tinted window. Added the leather to the back (used to be black plastic - which is why I didn't care if paint or bondo got on it) and it came out GREAT! I added the nameplate "Lamborghini" and the one door decal.

So, those shots will be of the finished door. The rest will have the regular work log shots.

I'll try not do anymore until I get my camera. So ... tune in Friday to see the new Lamborghini door!:D

DaveW
09-21-2006, 05:09 AM
I think they sent it "Pony Express"

hehe...good one.

-Dave

tybrenis
09-21-2006, 03:48 PM
My dad just bought a camera from the same idiots as you. I had him immediately cancel his order and inform visa. They gave him some crap at his credit card expiration date, even though it was fine. They changed his order from "new" to "refurbished", then pushed him to buy accessories, like a new battery and memory card.

MDCS
09-22-2006, 05:22 AM
Camera arrived 1 day early. So, here are the shots I promised.

First, I used adhesive spray to attach the leather to the case.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd1.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd2.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd9.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd6.jpg

Nameplate ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd5.jpg

Window & trim. Disappointed with the trim ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd3.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd4.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd10.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzds1.jpg

Trying to give you an idea of how shiny it is.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzds3.jpg

And to show that window is see-thru:D
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzdx.jpg

And a little mod find ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzds4.jpg

In boxes of Rice Krispies are these stupid key chains of a skull that light up.
What's cool about them is that they are very small, come with a battery, and
only go off if moved (some kind of motion detector). I thought they might
come in handy for something :D
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd8.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzd7.jpg

DaveW
09-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Wow, that leather looks sweeet. And the logo is nice too.

-Dave

MDCS
09-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Wow, that leather looks sweeet. And the logo is nice too.

-Dave

Thanks. :D The leather work was easy compared to the trim. I may take it off and start with some chrome trim a size larger. The 1/4 inch size, kinked to easily. And it could be cut better too.

As for the shots, they could be better. This camera has tons of more features then my last one, and will take some time getting used to it. Remember though, all shots are reduced and compressed. I'll upload some high resolution shots of the mod when completed.

MDCS
09-22-2006, 07:29 PM
BTW, working on the case door opener. Doing it in carbon fiber (can't figure out how to attach the bike spinner :( )

MDCS
09-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Case opener in carbon fiber ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzd1.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzd3.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzd2.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzz.jpg

Razors Edge
09-23-2006, 11:32 AM
oh, hoollyy crap! MDCS, you're a god.

Tech-Daddy
09-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Spankin good job!!! Most excellent!
I feel you pain on the trim, nothing worse than having that critical eye on something as precise as a tribute to a hand built, meticiulously detailed, itallian super exotic! ;)

Love the leather, love the logo and the Lambo name on the side. Paint looks top notch!

Really, you are spot on for a top notch rig! Keep up the excellent vision and execution!

(and thank you for the vote! ;) )

two big ol THUMBS UP!!!!

MDCS
09-23-2006, 04:38 PM

Yes, this is true, but do you like the mod so far:D :D

MDCS
09-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Spankin good job!!! Most excellent!
I feel you pain on the trim, nothing worse than having that critical eye on something as precise as a tribute to a hand built, meticiulously detailed, itallian super exotic! ;)

Love the leather, love the logo and the Lambo name on the side. Paint looks top notch!

Really, you are spot on for a top notch rig! Keep up the excellent vision and execution!

(and thank you for the vote! ;) )

two big ol THUMBS UP!!!!

Thanks a lot! And that's just the one side of the door. The other side will be on the pearl white metal door that the plastic attaches to, and covered with blond leather.

Exterior black leather - interior blond leather.
(you'll see why I bothered painting it, portions still show when the door is off).

And the vote was deserved, you have the best mod on the list. Plus I sent it in on the new rules. :D

tybrenis
09-24-2006, 02:41 PM
That CF looks great! Awesome job with that.

Razors Edge
09-24-2006, 06:02 PM
I have an idea, Try making a lock on the case. Make the lock a steering wheel, So if you want to open it, Instead of using screws, just turn the steering wheel liek 180 degrees or somthing?

b4i7
09-24-2006, 10:45 PM

technically... wouldnt it be goddess?

love the mod mdcs

cant wait to see it complete

MitaPi
09-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Absolutely superb job! Just when I thought I was going to be sick of all the vehicular designs in computer modding... you bring me this! The best I have personaly seen so far. Hmm... better keep this baby in the pro league or every one else wont have a chance! ^^

MDCS
10-02-2006, 06:59 AM
I can't fit the radiator where I wanted to. So, I'll be moving it down to the
bottom side vent, which means it will draw its air from the left front vent.
I think I'll cut it out a little larger to make for greater air flow.

That ridge is stopping me. Now, I can put the rad on the outside and put a
regular 120mm fan in it's place. But I don't know. What do you guys suggest?
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx36.jpg

Air vent ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx39.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx310.jpg

Fits okay ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx53.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx52.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx54.jpg

Not sure what to use with it though. Here are the fans and guards I have.
All new fans ... all 120mm & 2 80mm
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx42.jpg

Guards I have handy.
Mesh, two types ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx32.jpg

Or ...
Old bio, hurricane types ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx51.jpg

These will be used as 120mm with Lamborghini guard for back 120mm spot.
The two 80mm were to be used for the front inside intakes.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx31.jpg

What do you guys suggest for the rads fan and guard?

I'm going to put the round fan with Lamborghini grill on the outside 120mm
spot if I put the rad down in the corner.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx41.jpg

Any suggestions at all would help. :)

Airbozo
10-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I like the position of it in the lower part of the case. Keeps things tidy inside too. Are you going to cut that area out for maximum airflow?

MDCS
10-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I like the position of it in the lower part of the case. Keeps things tidy inside too. Are you going to cut that area out for maximum airflow?

Yeah, the vent is for a 80mm, and I'll just cut it for a 120mm.
If ... I put it there? :?
I think I'll finish up the second door first, then see if any other ideas come up. :D
I prefer my original idea (but down there under the bay isn't bad :D ), and may
use a plexi extension to put it there. But that would take a lot of extra room.

xdxforever
10-02-2006, 12:13 PM
If you partitioned off the front area you could have it intake through one vent and exhaust out the other. That would be very cool, but i dont know if it would starve the case for air. Are there other intakes that aren't near those side intakes?

gntlkilr
10-02-2006, 01:26 PM
If you partitioned off the front area you could have it intake through one vent and exhaust out the other. That would be very cool, but i dont know if it would starve the case for air. Are there other intakes that aren't near those side intakes?

Is that effective for a smaller case such as hers? :? With something like a massive case like a 25U or up server case, yeah.

When I tried that with a standard ATX case (I was bored...go figure :p ), it really made no diffence. I was using a sealed front area for the HDD x6, and then another for everything else. I used grommets to make sure there was something of a seal for the airflow around the cables and it had seperate temps for each section, but there really wasn't that much of a difference. And I had dual 7800GTX's running with air cooling with an overclocked 3800+ with a zalman CPU cooler. The airflow was a 120 in and a 120 out for each section, so I had plenty of airflow. Course, it was loud as all h^&*. But hey, I was bored. *grin*

xdxforever
10-02-2006, 11:57 PM
I was thinking of it in terms of having a dedicated airflow path for the radiator, I suppose close to the same result could be achieved without a direct output for the hot air off the radiator... but it would be cool as the radiator is the only thing in the system that is a serious heat source, the rest just needs a little general airflow.

MDCS
10-03-2006, 04:56 AM
I really need to figure out where to put it first before I start putting the case
together. This case is limited. Two ways on the back, or down under the bay
is about it. Here are some shots for the back I threw together real quick.

With the fan in the slot, rad on top of that, and a guard on both sides?
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx62.jpg
Spacers added so it can breath.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx63.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx65.jpg

From the back ... remember, the back will be partially hidden by the tail light.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx7.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx66.jpg

Or ... a plexi adaptor where the fan is, and the round fan on the outside?

What do you think:?
And ... thanks for the feedback so far. :)

Razors Edge
10-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Looks good, I just think the inside of the case is looking pretty small compared to the radiator. But thats just me. Keep it up!

nzcubey
10-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Looks good, I just think the inside of the case is looking pretty small compared to the radiator. But thats just me. Keep it up!

Yeah it is, i didnt realise once you take all the plastic off that case it holds such a small chassis. Hope you can fit everything in alrite :D

MDCS
10-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah it is, i didnt realise once you take all the plastic off that case it holds such a small chassis. Hope you can fit everything in alrite :D

There is a little more room then it appears. But ... it will still be tight.:D
I take a shot of it completely sideways later to show you.

MDCS
10-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Here is the plexi adaptor. You know me, I want it the way I want it! :rolleyes:

1/2 inch clear plexi ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx81.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx82.jpg

Side view ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx83.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx86.jpg

Front ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx84.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzx85.jpg

I already tested it, and it fits perfect.

Now ... the radiator will fit either side, and so will the fans.
BUT ... I still like the tucked away under the bays option too. What to do .. what to do ... :rolleyes:

MDCS
10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking ... maybe drill a small hole in the adaptor and stick in a red LED :?

Razors Edge
10-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Psst. MDCS, watcha ganna stick in there? (specs)

tybrenis
10-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Razor, read her worklog.

Yeah, MDCS, just get the right resistor, and tap a molex. Drill two holes in opposite corners of the adaptors and stick some leds in there. You should polish up the inside of the hole first, and and it'd be cool if you frosted the plexi.

However, sticking with the theme, I think the adaptor would look better as a solid painted color. It would kinda be out of place otherwise.

Razors Edge
10-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Tyberenis, Some of us don't exactley have the time to flip through 44 pages of a worklog.

OvRiDe
10-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Tyberenis, Some of us don't exactley have the time to flip through 44 pages of a worklog.

I think you are kind of missing the point of a worklog.. :D

MDCS
10-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah, MDCS, just get the right resistor, and tap a molex. Drill two holes in
opposite corners of the adaptors and stick some leds in there. You should
polish up the inside of the hole first, and and it'd be cool if you frosted the
plexi.

I think that's a good idea.;)

However, sticking with the theme, I think the adaptor would look better as a
solid painted color. It would kinda be out of place otherwise.

I can't see it now:? It's pretty flush with the case, and the radiator hides it
on the inside. Here are a couple of shots with it put together.

From the back ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxx92.jpg

Front ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxx93.jpg

And since you have already seen it with the guard on, I just put one screw in
for you to get a look.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxx95.jpg

And a complete side shot to get an idea of the space involved.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxx94.jpg

That's just another example of setting it up. I could use a top card slot
(couple of holes for 1/2 tubing) and put the rad on the outside and the fan on
the inside. Or ... the rad where it's at and the fan on the inside on top of the
rad, and the guard on the outside, or ... down under the bays:?

And ... the red LEDs will still glow around the rad and from the outside
through the round fan. :D

MDCS
10-04-2006, 05:37 AM
Leather for the other door.

First I cut a piece just bigger then I need.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxx18.jpg

Then you need something that's pointed to trace with.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxx19.jpg
This will give me the line for cutting.

I just tape down the leather and follow the indent.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxx110.jpg

Then I cut the leather on the line I just made.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxx113.jpg

Just to help with wrinkles ... I flip it over and iron it first.
Then I sprayed it with the same adhesive as before and place it on the door.
You can move it, but start lower and push it towards the indent so you don't
get the adhesive on the door.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxx12.jpg

Once you get it on the top line (indent) pull it towards the bottom to make it
flat. The adhesive works great, it will stay wherever you put it.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxx13.jpg

Now, flip it over the edge and smooth it out.
Cut off excess leather on back side.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxx14.jpg

There might be other ways to do this, but this method seems to work well for
me.

MDCS
10-04-2006, 06:16 AM
Now I will attempt the trim again. Hope I can do it better this time.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxx16.jpg

Lets see if I can do it without throwing the whole door against the wall. :D :D

This is what it will look like when finished.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxx91.jpg

:) :)

Acey
10-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Rant: I saw a Vento. Its big. Its black. Its very big. I thought its small. I saw a Vento. A big Vento.

Never thought white-red combi can look soooooooooooo good. Might try out that combi some other mod.

gaz_the_chav
10-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Dude that case is mental. I love the work that you have done and the time you have taken has definatly paid off.

Good job!!!

MDCS
10-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Just to make sure everything fits ... and it didn't. I have to either put the rad
upside down (which some people prefer) or on the outside or under the bays.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxx281.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxx282.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxx285.jpg
Just getting an idea of where to put everything. Res will be in the bay.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxx286.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxx288.jpg

I'm hoping the black leather will bring the red & black Voltec together and match up.

And from the back ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxx284.jpg

Not much room going on here. It may look large on the outside,
but the inside is limited. Tape is just so I don't scratch it.

Reason I cut the blow hole larger then 120mm ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxx283.jpg
About an inch (25.4mm) to breath on the top between the PSU and the case top, and an extra 1.5" on the back.

Hopefully I picked the right PSU (already red, sleeved, with red molex connectors, SLI, and 600w).
I'll be cutting a lot of those wires from the inside. Just won't need that many for this system.

a.Bird
10-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Is the radiator fan an intake because cooler air is more likely to be drawn from outside the back of the case rather than inside? If so, I can't believe I've never thought of doing that, haha. I'm such a dumbass.

MDCS
10-04-2006, 04:33 PM

That's okay. You can ask all the questions you like.
And you don't have to keep up with it all. So, come on back!:D

MDCS
10-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Is the radiator fan an intake because cooler air is more likely to be drawn from outside the back of the case rather than inside? If so, I can't believe I've never thought of doing that, haha. I'm such a dumbass.

Yeah, I'm showing the push example.
It will push air through the rad from outside. I've done push and pull and can't really see a difference in the temp.

Under the bays looks like a good choice, and I would use a pull setup there.
But up top it will be closer to the GPU & CPU for running the tubes. But, may get too crowded. Still deciding ...

a.Bird
10-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Push and pull? I'm only familiar with this in the bedroom so you'll have to inform me what you're talking about, if you don't mind. :) Btw, I've really just started reading through your log from the beginning today and I've climaxed about 6 or 7 times so far.

MDCS
10-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Push and pull? I'm only familiar with this in the bedroom so you'll have to inform me what you're talking about, if you don't mind. :) Btw, I've really just started reading through your log from the beginning today and I've climaxed about 6 or 7 times so far.

It just means that the fan's rotation (depending on which side of the fan you want) will move the air. Pull: would pull the air through the radiator, push: will actually push the air through the radiator. If you put the fan up to the rad and the airflow goes towards the rad, that's a push. Flip the fan around and the airflow is sucked through the rad, that's a pull. This round fan is a push type only.

MDCS
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
For the reservoir, I have the AquaBay. It only supports 1/4"
(who uses that :? ) and 3/8". I'll need to step up to 1/2".
Not sure how that will effect it. I never had to do that before.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxd2.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxd6.jpg
The barbs are flexible, and I can turn them down or sideways or ...

It's going to be cramped in there. But if I cut the tubing right,
and cut and move the wires, I may be able to keep it clean looking.

I like the AquaBay. I like how it slides out to fill, and has the overspill catcher.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxd1.jpg

And, the fact you will be able to see the water level from the front.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxd4.jpg

Remember, you won't see all the other stuff in the front because of the shell.
The AquaBay still has the protective plastic cover on the front.

Only the bays are shown. DVD-CD-Lightscribe top bay, then LP speakers (shown
earlier - haven't decided which one yet), then my round gauges, then the
reservoir. One 3.5" bay will have a black digital fan controller.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxd3.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzxxxd5.jpg

They will all be black (some leather faced) and surrounded
by the white pearl bay cover, surrounded by the red pearl shell.
You won't see any of the metal in the front.

a.Bird
10-04-2006, 11:45 PM
I think I'm going to... yup I'm--- *squirt*

MDCS
10-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Leather for bottom of case.

I cut a piece just a little bigger then I need.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxgl1.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxgl2.jpg

Thinking of adding sound proofing under the leather?
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxgl6.jpg

Cut to fit ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxgl11.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxgl12.jpg

I'm not going to add it until the rest is done. That way I make sure I don't
spill anything or drop anything or whatever ... on it. :rolleyes:

hhmmmmm ... leather bay cover?
On a plexi base, which I can just snap on and off?
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxgl9.jpg

Getting ready to add the leather to the inside of the doors.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxgl4.jpg

Starting on the second doors trim. The adhesive doesn't wotk that well, and I
need to hold it down until it dries (I added some of my own to make sure).
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxgl10.jpg
The only time the adhesive on the trim does work is sticking to itself and
making it very hard to pull it apart to put on the door. And I can't just start it
then slowly push it along like you should be able to. Oh well ... anyway,
today I'll finish it off, and add its window.

DaveW
10-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I think I'm going to... yup I'm--- *squirt*

For the love of christ, keep it clean will you? That's the second time today.

MDCS, the mod looks fab. Almost there if you're doing the dry fitting, eh?

-Dave

MitaPi
10-05-2006, 03:47 PM
MDCS, You have great vision. This mod is so cool.

How happy are you with the Thermaltake Aquabay M3? I've always been kind of interested in the Aquabay Series by Thermaltake so thats why I ask. Pros, Cons?

-Mita

a.Bird
10-05-2006, 07:00 PM
What's unclean about me squirting some thermal paste on hot components? :?

tybrenis
10-05-2006, 07:48 PM
What's unclean about me squirting some thermal paste on hot components? :?

Dude. Seriously. Keep these forums clean, there are a whole lot more kids here than you'd expect. Comments like that end up pulling worklogs off topic, and thats never a good thing. I don't care what your saying, just keep it on topic or your ruining a great worklog.

MDCS, you truly are a goddess of detail. I love how extensive your worklog is, and how every single detail is questioned and scrutinized over. It makes for a beautiful case.

Reyer
10-05-2006, 08:12 PM
It good

MDCS
10-05-2006, 09:31 PM

MDCS, the mod looks fab. Almost there if you're doing the dry fitting, eh?

-Dave

I hope so ...
Which I've found always helps. Like today, I discovered while getting ready to
add the leather to the doors, that the main door doesn't fit with the round fan or the radiator like it is. So ... instead of losing that option, I may cut the door to fit? But ... I'm glad I did the dry run first. :D

MDCS
10-05-2006, 09:36 PM
MDCS, You have great vision. This mod is so cool.

How happy are you with the Thermaltake Aquabay M3? I've always been kind of interested in the Aquabay Series by Thermaltake so thats why I ask. Pros, Cons?

-Mita

Actually. I've never used it before. I have used the AquaBay rad though, and besides working just like a DD rad. It has the option of going in a bay, which is how I'm using it in one of my other systems. Anywho ... I hope it will work out fine. I just need to remember to leave enough tubing so I can pull it for filling and maintenance. :D

MDCS
10-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Testing parts ... there's always something. :rolleyes:
Fan & rad in the way ...:eek:

I think I'll try just cutting the door (just notching the side where the fan and
radiator stick out a little) on the edge (It won't really be seen) where that
little half inch part that does a 90 off the metal door sticks out.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxzl1.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxzl2.jpg

I'm pretty sure it will work. I always have the option under the bays, but that
pretty much makes the round fan useless at that point. (I love that stupid
little fan :p )
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxzl3.jpg

Still doing the trim ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxzl5.jpg
Maybe tonight I can add the window and finish this piece off. :?

Silenced_Coyote
10-05-2006, 10:56 PM
So you are putting the radiator in the back and having that fan hole as an intake? So where is all the warm air going to escape?

That chrome trim is a hassle... Just keeps fighting you.

I love the leather on the case. Thanks for a great mini tutorial too!

I noticed a few pages back where you had a pic of a box of fans. Is the chrome one in the bottom left corner one of those SilenX fans? They have good specs but they are attacked all over the forums. Just wanted to have your thoughts on it. I heard that Noctua came out with a "revolutionary" in design for their new fan. The Austrian Institute for Heat-Transmission and Fan Technology had something to do with the developement. I think it is like 17 dba and 53 DFM. But I am getting sidetracked...

MDCS
10-05-2006, 11:33 PM
So you are putting the radiator in the back and having that fan hole as an intake? So where is all the warm air going to escape?

Somebody noticed:D
I may be way off here, but here's my thinking ...
Intake from the front, intake from the back (so the rad gets the coldest air possible where it's at), and blow it all out the top:?

I installed the fan in the hood scoop so it blows air out, not in. Which is why I worried about the size of the blow hole from the beginning. It may not be large enough to handle it. But with the GPU's & CPU Water cooled, most of the heat will be coming from the PSU and rad, and I thought since heat rises, it made sense to have it go out the top. Thinking that's the fastest way out. What I usually do, is like most, suck it in from the front and send it out the back:D

I think the best way is to really have it under the bays, and have the rad pull in cool air from the left intake vent, and have the blow hole and the back 120mm shoot it out the back & top.

But what fun is that:p

That chrome trim is a hassle... Just keeps fighting you.

I love the leather on the case. Thanks for a great mini tutorial too!

I noticed a few pages back where you had a pic of a box of fans. Is the chrome one in the bottom left corner one of those SilenX fans? They have good specs but they are attacked all over the forums. Just wanted to have your thoughts on it. I heard that Noctua came out with a "revolutionary" in design for their new fan. The Austrian Institute for Heat-Transmission and Fan Technology had something to do with the developement. I think it is like 17 dba and 53 DFM. But I am getting sidetracked...

Yes it is. I've never used that type yet, but I have used the other SilentX in the top left, and they work great. They are the quietest fans that I know of, 9-13 dba. The one in the top left I believe is 11 dba, and the bottom left I believe is 13 dba. But for the quietest and most powerful ones, I like Panaflo. (I think I spelled that right:rolleyes: )

So, how are they attacked? What are they saying about them?

Silenced_Coyote
10-06-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm still not understanding the top exhaust because it looks like the PSU blocks a good portion of the fan hole. Then again, there will be so much positive airflow that it will be pushed out the top. I don't know... Can anyone else analyze this?

Well, I was searching for fans and found the SilenX at FrozenCPU.com. So I tried looking for reviews through a Google search and all I found was forum topics. Basically, people were saying that their specs are lies/inaccurate (mostly that the noise is higher than the dBA rating). Supposedly, they even have their own employees register to forums and claim their product as the best. If I remember correctly, the SilentPCReview.com forums bash them. But, I only follow this forum, so I'll take your opinion over theirs.

Here is the Noctua fan (http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=5&lng=en) if you were interested/curious. They also have one with a lower RPM.

MitaPi
10-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Well I dont know how well it will work, but it makes sense to me! Heat rises doesn it? lol

But who knows, things dont always work the way you think they would. Might just have to wait and see?

-Mita

MDCS
10-06-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm still not understanding the top exhaust because it looks like the PSU blocks a good portion of the fan hole. Then again, there will be so much positive airflow that it will be pushed out the top. I don't know... Can anyone else analyze this?

Well, I was searching for fans and found the SilenX at FrozenCPU.com. So I tried looking for reviews through a Google search and all I found was forum topics. Basically, people were saying that their specs are lies/inaccurate (mostly that the noise is higher than the dBA rating). Supposedly, they even have their own employees register to forums and claim their product as the best. If I remember correctly, the SilentPCReview.com forums bash them. But, I only follow this forum, so I'll take your opinion over theirs.

Here is the Noctua fan (http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=5&lng=en) if you were interested/curious. They also have one with a lower RPM.

hmmmmm ... interesting. I'll tell you, I actually put my ear up to the one I used (like the top left in the box) and still couldn't hear it. Whereas all the other types I've used (and I've used a lot) I could hear them just sitting next to the system. I think Thermaltake and ADDA (hope this is the right name, the ones that come with Lian Li cases) are the quietest fans besides SilenX that I've used.

The problem with SilenX in my opinion is the power. Very quiet, but doesn't move that much air around. The CFM's are usually very low on SilenX.

I do try and pay attention to this. I love a quiet machine. Most people seem to go for the Las Vegas fans (bright & flashy :D ) I always go for the sound and power factors (with the exception of my round fan - which is a pretty quiet fan being a TT fan) Now, I love bright & flashy like the next guy, but ... if it makes too much noise, it's outathere!:D )

Thanks for the heads up though, and the tip on the Noctua fan. Ill check them out;)

MDCS
10-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Well I dont know how well it will work, but it makes sense to me! Heat rises doesn it? lol

But who knows, things dont always work the way you think they would. Might just have to wait and see?

-Mita

Sure, I'm in no hurry. If it gets too hot, I'll just move it to below the bays and try again. :D :D

MDCS
10-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Just a quick note ...
I'm doing another mod this weekend, a BIG one. I'm repainting my 9 room house, ALL the rooms, and each one a different color :) So ... I'll try and get something done on the PC while I take breaks from painting. :) :) Back on track by Monday.

silverdemon
10-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Just a quick note ...
I'm doing another mod this weekend, a BIG one. I'm repainting my 9 room house, ALL the rooms, and each one a different color :) So ... I'll try and get something done on the PC while I take breaks from painting. :) :) Back on track by Monday.

OOO... you are going to show us the pictures of your other mod, right?? :P

Great work on the lambo mod. I wish I could tell you more about the fan-situation, but I don't know a lot about it. Just that normally people try to get air from the front and blow it out in the back... but you knew that allready :s

keep up the good work ;)

MDCS
10-07-2006, 07:48 AM
OOO... you are going to show us the pictures of your other mod, right?? :P

:D Maybe :D

MDCS
10-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Just trying different combos ...

With Lambo guard on outside ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo15.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo9.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo10.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo11.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo12.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo14.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo8.jpg

Maybe up on a platform ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo13.jpg

They all look pathetic to me:redface:
I ordered a couple of more fans today, just to confuse me more.:eek:

I think notching the door, and going with the original setup looks the best :rolleyes:

Checking bays ... leather needs a slight trim with the razor.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo2.jpg
Going to add leather to the DVD as well.

And for the curious like me.:D
Now, what do those speakers look like:p
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo5.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo3.jpg
hhmmmm ....
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo7.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo4.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo6.jpg

Just about the size you would find at a movie theater:D

GT40_GearHead
10-07-2006, 08:29 AM
if you have a piece of mash around there, paint it pearl white or silver, cut it to shape and put it under the guard (it looks great on the outside)

MDCS
10-07-2006, 08:54 AM
if you have a piece of mash around there, paint it pearl white or silver, cut it to shape and put it under the guard (it looks great on the outside)

You think it looks better then the round fan on the outside?

MDCS
10-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Side by side ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxzl1.jpghttp://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo9.jpg

gaz_the_chav
10-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Dude why not just buy a Lambo? ooooopppppsssssssssss I just remembered it would not look as good! This must of cost quite abit though? But never the less definatly worth it!

-gaz

DaveW
10-07-2006, 02:54 PM
it would not look as good!

Haha...nicely put!

-Dave

gaz_the_chav
10-07-2006, 03:12 PM
lol as long as you dont think i am chatting you up lol. Even I made myself chuckle at that!

rosecityracr
10-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Side by side ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzxxxzl1.jpghttp://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxo9.jpg
what about like this...
btw keep up the good work, its looking freakin sweet!
http://www.filelodge.com/files/room23/616666/case.JPG

MDCS
10-07-2006, 09:16 PM
what about like this...
btw keep up the good work, its looking freakin sweet!

I'll try that too.:D Might work.

MDCS
10-07-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm starting to like the Lambo guard on the outside the best now. But that
chrome turbo fan has to go. I ordered a couple of fans I can do quick mods on,
which have the RPM wire (I need that) for the fan controller. Most of the ones I
have now have the RPM wire, but I just don't like their looks. Not even worth
painting.:(

Also ... decided to do quick paint mods on the CPU & GPU water blocks.
Silver base ... transparent red on top of the silver base:eek: That should look
awesome:D

I'll take another break tonight and do something on the Lambo:)

MitaPi
10-08-2006, 12:19 AM
I would say, that the lambo guard looks best on the outside. It seems you have already chosen that path?

Also ... decided to do quick paint mods on the CPU & GPU water blocks.
Silver base ... transparent red on top of the silver base:eek: That should look
awesome:D

It better look awesome! Anything short of awesome wouldnt fit with the rest of this mod! ;)

Keep up the good work!
-Mita

MDCS
10-08-2006, 05:54 AM
I would say, that the lambo guard looks best on the outside. It seems you have already chosen that path?
It better look awesome! Anything short of awesome wouldnt fit with the rest of this mod! ;)
Keep up the good work!
-Mita

I think so. Not sure what to do with the round fan now. What a shame.:(

MDCS
10-08-2006, 06:07 AM
Too tired after all that painting to work on the Lamborghini.
But ... just some quick shots to finish off the speaker duel.:D

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxzn2.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxzn4.jpg

This one is a half size model. Speaker doesn't look quite as good as the TT
speaker. No extra shielding on this one like the TT has? No screws either.

Units front snaps on and off.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxzn7.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxzn8.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxzn5.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzxxxxzn6.jpg

a.Bird
10-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Diaphragms look bigger on the top component. Bottom component looks a bit more durable, however. I could be wrong. The thermaltake looks a little sleeker. I'm undecided so I'll just stop talking.

vidas7de7jesus7
10-08-2006, 03:30 PM
I would look at it from a perpective of whether or not you need the extra USB ports and the audio ports up front there. If not, they just clutter up the front and are irritating. The Thermaltake matches your color scheme better and looks sportier and more lambo. If you don't need the ports up front, then I would go with the thermaltake.

MDCS
10-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Diaphragms look bigger on the top component. Bottom
component looks a bit more durable, however. I could be wrong. The
thermaltake looks a little sleeker. I'm undecided so I'll just stop
talking.

Me too:D Not sure which one.

I would look at it from a perpective of whether or
not you need the extra USB ports and the audio ports up front there. If not,
they just clutter up the front and are irritating. The Thermaltake matches
your color scheme better and looks sportier and more lambo. If you don't
need the ports up front, then I would go with the thermaltake.

This is true, I don't really need all the extra ports up front, with the case
already giving access to USB ports up front. The one thing I do like on it
though is the headphone jack (I use headphones a lot).

And ... yes, the red trim may fit the case better. I'll do some more shots later
with the front on to get a better idea. PLUS ... I'll need to hear both of them
for a final decision.;)

MDCS
10-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Put the case together last night to get an idea. Ooooooohhhhhhh:p

The door shot is the only one I'm going to show on the case. I want to have a
shock shot, at the end, with it all put together. Kinda hit you with it all at once:D

I have a good ending all ready for the mod. First, I'll release some high definition
shots, and I have a second case here, so, I'm going to take some stock and mod
shots together. Both together, from all angles showing before and after shots.
:D :D :D :D That should be pretty cool, seeing both together.

MDCS
10-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Also ... I may not reply to everyone (most of the time I forget) but I do read every ones comments and appreciate them. Thanks everyone!

MDCS
10-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Trying to finish off a lot of the small projects with this mod.
Some of you remember the cam that was to be added on one of the
front bay devices. Well, after studying all the bay devices, I only had one
choice. And it also cemented which speaker setup I use.

First, get the CAM ready.
Cut it from it's flexible holder ...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxzzzxv.jpg

Old holder.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz8.jpg
I'll save the USB plug. You never know.;)

Now ...
The round gages didn't have any room.
The DVD player, forget it. Reservoir, same, forget it.
That left just the speakers.

The half size unit. No room.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz1.jpg

That just leaves the TT unit.
And i have to notch the speaker shield to make room in this unit.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz7.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz2.jpg

First I make sure it will fit. Then I make the hole.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz13.jpg

I made the hole. then put the puppy where it's new home will be.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz11.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz3.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz10.jpg

Look at all that beautiful work on that mini board...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz12.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz4.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz6.jpg

I taped the wires down on the inside so I don't pull them out on accident.
Then just wrapped them on the outside.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzxxxzzxz14.jpg

I also used electrical tape to cover the part of the shield
I cut, just to be safe.

Finished. Once wired in, the CAM will be ready for business. :D

a.Bird
10-09-2006, 12:43 AM
You blow me away. You are... an artist. Sooooooooo pimp.

MDCS
10-09-2006, 01:12 AM
You blow me away. You are... an artist. Sooooooooo pimp.

Well, I don't know about that.

Just noticed you can see a little part of the micro board through
the speaker holes. I think I'll take it apart again and put just a little piece of
electrical tape behind that part. It won't be in front of the speaker. Was also
thinking ... that shield is properly more for acoustics then anything else.

a.Bird
10-09-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm really not sure what to say about those shields. Aluminum has got to be the worst material you could use for baffling. It generally produces a hollow, tinny sound. Of course I'm sure they clear the noise up better than pcb boards and capacitors. If the treble is unbearable, stick some cotton balls towards the back of the aluminum enclosures. It may also soften the low freq throws.

MDCS
10-09-2006, 02:04 AM
I'm really not sure what to say about those shields. Aluminum has got to be the worst material you could use for baffling. It generally produces a hollow, tinny sound. Of course I'm sure they clear the noise up better than pcb boards and capacitors. If the treble is unbearable, stick some cotton balls towards the back of the aluminum enclosures. It may also soften the low freq throws.

Funny story behind those shields. When I needed to cut it. I looked at the clock and it was 8:30. I like to quit the heavy noise stuff at 8:00, only because I have a neighbor who turned his whole garage into a wood shop (he makes some fantastic stuff) and we both like to watch movies sometimes at night that start at 8:00. But, with his band-saw going, or my drilling or cutting, it's annoying. Anywho:D we stop at 8:00

BUT, I wanted to REALLY cut that shield. So ... (it's steel by the way) I did the whole thing in like 8 seconds. Look at the shot. You can see the burn marks. And ... I went almost all the way through the brand new cutting disc, except the last 1/32" which exploded and flew off in tiny pieces.:D :D

The fastest cut in the west 8)

Silenced_Coyote
10-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Maybe you can still use that round fan. If the rear fan hole is an intake, then orient it in this way:
Lambo fan guard, case, radiator, round fan

Even it only has one sided screw holes on the fan frame, I'm sure you can find a way to make it work.

Just a thought since you seem fond of that fan.

MitaPi
10-12-2006, 07:43 PM
I tried mounting a webcam into my LCD monitor once. I broke the wires right off the back so I wasnt able to do it. I could of reattatched them if I new how to micro weld :rolleyes:. Newegg has pretty cheap ones so I will try again eventually.

Good job on yours though. I never thought about mounting it into the computer directly. Very cool. It would of been way cool if you could of pulled out the webcam and have it still a flexi, so that way you can pop it back in when you dont need it and you can pull it out to get different angles and stuff.

Ha, I kept my USB cable too! You never know when you might need one! :p

-Mita

simon275
10-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Good idea with the webcam. Just don't foreget it's there as you could leave a chat window open and embarassment could ensure.

Boo
10-13-2006, 01:51 AM
5 Star Mod. Can't Wait to see it all together. I just stumbled upon this site and thread, and just had to reg. to tell you what a great job your doing. also to let you know I Purchased the Xpeaker about 2 years ago for 49.99 and think they sound terible so I'd like to know what you think of the sound. Maybe I just got A bad unit. Anyway I can't wait for the next set of pics. Thanks for sharing. Great worklog.

MDCS
10-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Maybe you can still use that round fan.
If the rear fan hole is an intake, then orient it in this way:
Lambo fan guard, case, radiator, round fan

Even it only has one sided screw holes on the fan frame, I'm sure you can
find a way to make it work.

Just a thought since you seem fond of that fan.

Ohhhh ... more icons:banana:

The round fan is a push only. To work, it would have to be on the outside.
On the inside, it would just be pushing the case's hot air through the rad.

I think I've resigned myself to putting the rad down by the front vent
intake.:rolleyes:

MDCS
10-13-2006, 09:18 AM
I tried mounting a webcam into my LCD monitor once. I broke the wires right off the back so I wasnt able to do it. I could of reattatched them if I new how to micro weld :rolleyes:. Newegg has pretty cheap ones so I will try again eventually.

Good job on yours though. I never thought about mounting it into the computer directly. Very cool. It would of been way cool if you could of pulled out the webcam and have it still a flexi, so that way you can pop it back in when you dont need it and you can pull it out to get different angles and stuff.

Ha, I kept my USB cable too! You never know when you might need one! :p

-Mita

Yeah, this one was just $17 or $19 bucks from CyberGuys I think.

The wires on this one were frayed a bit on the top where the flexible part
ended. I fixed them before I put it together. (cheap :D )

I wanted just a pin-hole at first. But after looking at the lens more, if I did
that, I would either be blocking how it focuses, or cutting off some of the
view. So, I ended up just putting the lens on the outside.

MDCS
10-13-2006, 09:25 AM
5 Star Mod. Can't Wait to see it all together. I just stumbled upon this site and thread, and just had to reg. to tell you what a great job your doing. also to let you know I Purchased the Xpeaker about 2 years ago for 49.99 and think they sound terible so I'd like to know what you think of the sound. Maybe I just got A bad unit. Anyway I can't wait for the next set of pics. Thanks for sharing. Great worklog.

I saw them for that price then. And almost bought them. But ended up getting them about 6 months ago for $39 or $29 ( I always forget the prices:D ) The other unit was $19 at FrozenCPU or Performance-PCs. If the speakers in it sound better, I'll switch them.

I was afraid of that. Maybe I can find some better speakers but the same size at 'Parts Express'. ?

MDCS
10-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Received the other fans I ordered. I was thinking clear with red LED's.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzzvz3.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzzvz1.jpg

I tried the silver base with transparent red on that SilenX 120mm.
And just transparent red on a clear fan.

The trans red on the silver base came out okay.
But it's just the wrong color red for the case.
And the trans red on the clear fan ... well, looks like beetle dung to me.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzzvz2.jpg

I think I'll just take the new 120 apart, paint the fan frame pearl white, and
the fan blades pearl red like I did with the round one. And put it on the
back-inside 120mm spot with the Lambo guard on the outside. For the
radiator fan, I'll paint the whole thing pearl white to go on the red rad.

Also, I'm going to add this to the mix.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/PCMDCS/zzzzzzvz4.jpg

Razors Edge
10-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Oh that thing looks like shocks. It would be awsome if you painted that and put that in like the middle of a window or somthing.

Can't wait to see the fans painted.

Mountain Dew
10-14-2006, 10:50 AM
EXACT same fans i have

only mine are the blue led