PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Scope's Lawn Service Contest

Liquid_Scope_99
04-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Hello guys as some of you know i am trying to get a lawn Service Started .
I need a few of the creative Minds at T.B.C.S to help with a logo \ Watermark
Invoice and Business card .

The name of the business will be i know its a little Corney but so is a lot Are company names .

Donny boyz custom Lawn care Services

I need a logo\ watermark a professional looking invoice. lol
Business card designed .
Invoice .
I do lawn service and pressure washing also a place for a couple of # i will put in personal info not that i dont trust the guys on TBCS its the billions and billions of other idiots i dont lol .
i also have a couple of thoughts for a shirt

Also THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH TBCS THERE JUST GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO ALL ME TO DO IT .
Prizes of course there are prizes
this is one of the prizes

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0322379
i have saw it cheaper but that's the exact kit

There will be other things added as i go through my stuff who knows what might be in there in the end lol .

I have been given loads of help ,encouragement and friendship here this is my way of getting a little help and maybe helping some one get a few things they need .

The prize will be free shipping in U.S
I am not leaving all the guys around the globe unless i real expensive .
then i will still pay a good portion if you want to pick up the rest .

There are no rules really except i want it to be cool but tasteful i guess never thought i would ask for tasteful lol .
the date is 4/6/2010 till 5/6/2010.
I would love to have the rat fink on a mower lol.
I think A that would be a copyright no no
and b some people might not take to that .

the way the winner will be chosen is a every member that wants to vote can vote . Yes you can vote for yourself .
Remeber admins ,and members a like you have had to be a member at least one month .
Then the votes will narrow it down to three .
Then i will pick my favorite one .
Any and all welcome you can enter up to Three designs .
Thanks in advance and good luck.

Liquid_Scope_99
04-08-2010, 01:12 PM
If anyone wants to enter post your name here Please

Mach
04-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Please take this as a suggestion and not criticism. Assuming that you are going to advertise your service and aspire to growing your business then you may want to consider another name. Most folks who use a lawn care service aren't looking for cool or edgy. Aspects which Donny Boyz seems to suggest. So much so that it may be a turn off.

4 differentiators against competitors for any service: Better, Faster, Bigger, and Cheaper. If you're better then why? Example Clean Green Lawns because your lawn will never look better. If you're faster then why? 5X Lawns because we bring 5 times the guys. You get the idea.

Look in the phone book at your competitors. Who would you pick and why? Sometimes the name is the only way folks will pick you.

x88x
04-08-2010, 06:00 PM
/\ I would second this, for really all the reasons Mach stated. Keep in mind that your target audience is probably going to be at the very least 30+, and a lot are probably going to be 50+ (no, I have no numbers, just going off stereotypes here :P ), and no matter what age, a client is looking for someone who will come and do a good, quality job quickly and as cheap as possible. Please don't take this the wrong way, but when I see 'Donny boyz', the feeling that I get is "we're high school kids trying to make a company that sounds cool", not "we're professionals who take our job and your lawn seriously". I would also second Mach's suggestion. Focus on something that will make you stand out from your competitors. This can be quality, speed, price, location, convenience, range of services, or whatever.

Unfortunately, I sucks at graphics/etc, so I can't really think of anything for the logo. Sorry. :(

dr.walrus
04-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Please take this as a suggestion and not criticism. Assuming that you are going to advertise your service and aspire to growing your business then you may want to consider another name. Most folks who use a lawn care service aren't looking for cool or edgy. Aspects which Donny Boyz seems to suggest. So much so that it may be a turn off.

4 differentiators against competitors for any service: Better, Faster, Bigger, and Cheaper. If you're better then why? Example Clean Green Lawns because your lawn will never look better. If you're faster then why? 5X Lawns because we bring 5 times the guys. You get the idea.

Look in the phone book at your competitors. Who would you pick and why? Sometimes the name is the only way folks will pick you.

Totally agree with all of this. I wouldn't hire a company with that name on the basis I would fear ending up with someone who looked like Dog the Bounty Hunter, and at worst, Earl's brother Randy from 'My name is Earl'.

dr.walrus
04-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Okay, maybe that last comment was a bit harsh. I've made you up a business card, going with a 'late 90's web design' retro feel:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2165/84780475.jpg

Note-

- High compression means a nice small image size with only mild artifacting
- Fashionable lens flare
- Stylish use of clipart
- Comic sans font for high accessibility
- Rich dark blue for that real individual feel

I wanted to make the text flash but it's a business card so I can't :(

billygoat333
04-09-2010, 01:21 AM
I will enter, but my computer is being used by a hot girl currently so this project will have to wait until I am done staring at her... large tracts of land. :D

Liquid_Scope_99
04-09-2010, 03:19 AM
yeah guys lol , I pretty much thought the same Thing . Myself i was jsut throwing that out there i really knew better.

how about

Donald's lawn service and pressure washing
We take pride and stand behind our work .
While doing it all at very reasonable rates.
free estimate .
Quotes are negotiable

Liquid_Scope_99
04-11-2010, 01:19 PM
anybody know of a place on the internet to get card made you have done bussinesswith before thanks

OvRiDe
04-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I took a crack at it here. Just had a couple of idea's pop into my head.

A full color version

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/ovride/images/misc/Donalds_LSaPW_card_tm.jpg

and a simple black and white.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/ovride/images/misc/Donalds_LSaPW_card2_tm.jpg

Oneslowz28
04-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I like OvRiDe's. Second one. Its simple, sweet and to the point. Its B&W and that = cheap. I go through about 700 cards a month myself and my mother and sister maybe hand out another 500. This adds up with color cards. Staples prints 1000 B&W cards for like $20 where 1000 color cards will cost $35-40

The color one is nice too. I would saturate the green just a bit though to give a "wow" look to it.

Trace
04-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Agree 100% :stupid:

OvRiDe
04-11-2010, 11:44 PM
The color one is nice too. I would saturate the green just a bit though to give a "wow" look to it.

Thats a great idea.. not sure if I pulled it off the right way.. but here is my crack at that

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/ovride/images/misc/Donald_card_color2.jpg

Liquid_Scope_99
04-12-2010, 04:20 AM
Man i love those cards . I may use some of both if you dont mind i would put my # on here but every tom,dick and spammer would have em TBCS guys no problem . Just the other ones lol.

I will Throw this in the prize mix don't know if anyone can use it bought it for my father in laws pc .
I was like buzz dint realize that it was express slot .
I gave $14 for it too the company was easy to deal with shipped fast.
I could probably return was my bad i will have to eat as the say.

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-PCM200-EtherFast-Integrated-CardBus/dp/B00004XRDO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1271060500&sr=1-3

Also i picked up a business couple of days ago a tanning salon

x88x
04-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Also i picked up a business couple of days ago a tanning salon

As in you got them as a client or you bought them? Either way, congrats! :D

Liquid_Scope_99
04-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I picked them up as a client yes .
I wish i owned it lol i know its a seasonal business.
They are packed and the scenery is beautiful lol