PDA

View Full Version : War Flag

Cannibal23
03-09-2006, 12:22 PM
working on the side panel design for a case featureing a cutout of the imperial japanese riseing sun flag. (its the one they use during times of war) there is a few problems though. alot of the outside of the case is going to be plane white. any ideas on how to spruce it up a bit without taking away from the japanese theme??

xris
03-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Is not purple the color of Rolalty in Japan? Or was that Yellow....any way if you did a purple or yellow pant job with metal flakes in it (flat) that would look nice..

plus you could take the "rays" of the sun and extend them on to the top of the case....you could use red plexy since the whole of the sun if red and light it with white LCD lights just to make it stand out.....I do not know it could look right the other way around or not...

Cannibal23
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
mm now thats an idea. i was just thinking of doing the side panel but i wonder if i install the sidepanel and get a ruler or Tsquare and make the rays wrap arround the entire thing... that could be friggan awesome. i think the problem would arise in 2 areas. one area would be the front panel as it is plastic and not exactly flat dont know how i would get the plex to bend and stay bent. (yes im a noob) other then that i think attaching the plex to the top portion of the case (from the inside) would be tricky where the powersupply sits as i dont think there is alot of space for an extra lump of plex between the top of the psu and the inside surface of the case. beyond that i think it sounds totaly friggan awesome dude. im definately going to be exploring this idea. oh one more thing. the only way i have ever attached plex is through the use of little bolts that look like rivits. any idea on other ways to attach it that acctually work? i tired epoxy and it wasnt flexable enough

Is not purple the color of Rolalty in Japan? Or was that Yellow....any way if you did a purple or yellow pant job with metal flakes in it (flat) that would look nice..

plus you could take the "rays" of the sun and extend them on to the top of the case....you could use red plexy since the whole of the sun if red and light it with white LCD lights just to make it stand out.....I do not know it could look right the other way around or not...

Adsman
03-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi all, I'm pretty sure the colour of royalty in Japan is Yellow due to its title as 'The Chrysanthemum Throne' named after the pale yellow flower.

Just a thought but googling it finds an entry in 'wiki'.

Sounds like a wicked case idea!

Go Nuts

Cannibal23
04-04-2006, 12:18 AM
i ment the one for the imperial army. the red and white one. so far its comming allong quite nicely. a few things to work out but im in it already so im sure i will find a solution. im persueing that wrap arround idea too. its going to look chillin

Cannibal23
04-10-2006, 11:55 AM

well dude ive taken you up on this wrap arround idea and its looking really good so far. thanks for the inspiration.

Ohtarnehtar
04-17-2006, 05:29 PM
hmm.. i think what he meant by the extending idea was to actually have the rays extend vertically off the side of the case, so they ended above it. But if you've already started, too late now. OR mod it more!!

Cannibal23
04-18-2006, 02:00 PM
unfortunately this mod is already under progress. things have been cut and measured and remeasured and recut. might be an idea for the future though. i really hope this mod is done soon. i know the window is going to look badass but i cant think of anything to do with the front panel really

RangerDanger
04-19-2006, 11:16 PM
i would to extend the rays all the way aroudn the case to the other side and paint another flag there.

Cannibal23
04-24-2006, 12:18 PM
well i got my ligting now. in installed it and looked at how it shines and moved it arround a lil and stuff. so now i have a problem. basicly the entire inside of the case lights up accept the area on the side of the 5 1/4 drive bays. seems there isnt enough room for the ligt to get up beside it and really shine on it. so what i have is a lil dark spot about the size of a cd case. any ideas?

Rankenphile
04-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Get some el wire in there, you could wrap it in pretty easily, it fits into all kinds of tight spaces.

Cannibal23
04-24-2006, 01:08 PM
yes thats true. i worked with this stuff before and although it can go just about everywhere for accenting, i found that compared the the ammount of light the cold cathode tubes give out it dosent even look like the el wire is on. At the moment im thinking superbright led's i guess.

Anyone have much luck with useing super bright LED's for area lighting? anyone have a good resource on these?

Cannibal23
05-05-2006, 09:24 AM
This project is neering completion. seems that there is only a few holes to drill and some paint to finish doing and we should be good to go. i will post some pics when im all done. Project Bonsai lives

b4i7
05-06-2006, 02:29 AM
ive got some laser LEDS in a case im workin on now....they cover well...and they are bright as hell

Cannibal23
05-08-2006, 10:18 AM
awesome. i will pick some of these up from ebay i guess. thanks for the NFO dude

nil8
05-08-2006, 12:02 PM
You might consider a fiberglass kit for the front if you want to reshape it.

If you're artistic enough, you might consider a Japanese firearm painted on the front.

Cannibal23
05-09-2006, 05:45 PM
never worked with fiberglass before... could be an interesting idea. the front is looking kind of bland now. i dont even know if the ppl here are going to think much of this case cause the outside of it is white. even though i am repainting it bright bright white to contrast with the red i dont think people will have an appreciation for a seemingly stock outside color.

anyways back to the front pannel. basicly what im planing so far is have the main body of the front pannel white whith expantion cover plates painted red. there are 2 flat spots on either side of the case and i have been talking nicely to a japanese woman to see if she will put some writeing on it that i can clear coat over. dont know if that will give it enough of a kick though.

Rankenphile
05-09-2006, 06:54 PM
What about doing a sillouette of a samurai in black or white against the red circle sun? Would look pretty cool on the front panel, and tie in nicely with the theme.

Cannibal23
05-10-2006, 11:44 AM
now there is an idea. going to have to find a good spot on the front of the case to put this though. maybe i can make a flat area with some body filler. better maybe i can sculpt the little bugger out of the stuff.

TheAnswerIs42
05-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a really cool mod!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see some picturesl:)

EHD

Cannibal23
05-10-2006, 01:31 PM
its going to be interesting thats for sure. i would post some pics now or make a work log or something but my camera has gone to the great digital paradice in the sky. so basicly to get snaps of this thing i have to haul it into work. gonna do that when its all over

Cannibal23
05-25-2006, 10:37 AM
ok get this. im almost done. like really really really close. very minor stuff to do left. lil soldering and a touch of painting on the front panel. however my GF came over and cleaned on the weekend. now i cant find the hardware for the front bezel. no power switches or leds or wires or screws to keep the damn thing on. but the worst part is that i cant find the molded plastic button to turn the thing on or reset it. going to look really hard this weekend i guess but if i cant find it i dont know what to do as a solution.

b4i7
05-25-2006, 03:15 PM
ohh god..that sucks...ive had the same happen...my dad got tired of my room bein a mess from modding...so he cleaned it....and a lot of important parts found their way to the trash......well good luck findin your parts...

Cannibal23
05-26-2006, 02:28 PM
there is no way she threw them out. this i know..... i looked already :-( god im lame... anyways they were in a big shiney bag so i wouldent loose them..... best layed plans eh... anyhow i dont really care about the LED's or the switches. its just the damn buttons.. i NEED them. i wonder how insane they would think i was if i called the manufactuer and asked for buttons...

Cannibal23
08-14-2006, 02:20 PM
i finaly broke down and just bought the exact same model of case and stripped it for the buttons. just couldent find the damn things. as a side bonus the manufacture of the cases i use always uses the same frame and side panels on just about all their cases. so this means now i have some spare parts if i need them. woohoo. going to be bringing it in to work to get some snaps taken of it to post. sorry for the long wait

progbuddy
08-21-2006, 11:53 PM
I just hatched an idea. Get someone to cut out a circle in the middle, install a grille from a pc store, and put red LED lights around the middle. Then do a "worn and ripped" design in the paint with a metallic red. SWEET.

Cannibal23
08-24-2006, 09:20 AM
that could look not too bad i think. however this mod is already done and posted in the project gallery. look for the Banzai ;-)