PDA

View Full Version : Search Function tied to Sigs

NightrainSrt4
04-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't know if this is a feature, or if it can even be worked around, but when you use the search function it brings up posts a person has made if the word is in the signature.

Take for example I was looking up "5TB" to look for the 5TB Club thread. All the results in the search just go to x88x's posts as that is in his sig.

Not a big deal, but a heads up. I can see it being frustrating to someone new to use search only to keep getting unrelated things because the phrases are in a sig.

Edit: Sonata is another one, aside from the first two entries, that just brings up a sig.

OvRiDe
04-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Unfortunately I don't know of a way to limit the Google search feature, but in those cases there is another search link higher up on the side bar that uses the vBulletin search. I tested the "5TB Club" on it and it returned 3 results, 1 of them being the 5TB Club thread, one of the other results was this thread. :)

x88x
04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Hmm, interesting, I didn't know it indexed sigs...though now that I stop to think of it, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't... Anyways, for what it's worth I tried it and I also just got a list of a bunch of my posts. The text in my sig is a hyperlink to that thread though (realized just now that it was actually to a post halfway down the first page...that's fixed now :facepalm: ).

NightrainSrt4
04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Hehe, after all these years I can't believe I didn't realize the searches were different. Click a button to redirect you to a search bar, or just type into the search bar; I've always just typed into the visible search bar.