PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike: Source Theme

shortkid422
03-12-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm thinking of doing my first complete mod as a CS:S theme. I have a few small ideas, but I was wondering if anyone has any large, overall theme ideas, such as elements to include. If I don't get much, I'll most likely change to something that is easier to theme. Thanks in advance!

Slug Toy
03-12-2006, 07:33 AM
wow, cs:s is a really large topic. needs to be slightly more specific in my opinion.

heres what i suggest. pick a map, any map, but probably one you like. go through it a few times and maybe draw out the whole map or some of the main elements. then start making some ideas.

at this point, at least get a map in mind, then you can tell us. at that time, i can start making some more specific suggestions.

i wont give any sort of vote on what map i like because they're all similar in some ways, and different in ways too. there are things to like and hate about all of them. im leaving that part to you.

legoman786
03-12-2006, 10:38 AM
^^ ditto ^^

shortkid422
03-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Alrighty, I've changd the idea, it is no long CS:S. It is now X-Men. I am going to theme it to "Adamantium". The goal will be water cooling with PC Ice (UV blue of course). The front of the case will have 2 LED panel sets (1 long strip on each side) which will be white with a frosted cover, similar to the lights in the movies. Cable sleeves will be a nice silver "metal" such as the helmet connectors in Cerebro. I think that this idea is MUCH easier to pull off, especially since I am a big fan of the black/silver/blue themes. Any additional ideas are welcomed. including servo ideas ;)

Custom
03-12-2006, 02:36 PM
You could have X-Men engraved in the window!

shortkid422
03-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Oooh, nice. I'll add that to my idea file (yes, it actually exists). That of course gave me the idea for a sweet fan grill: 2 sets of 3 claws in opposing direction, making the X.

Custom
03-12-2006, 03:53 PM
You could have the X-Men logo made into a fan grill!

Khemenet
03-13-2006, 01:34 AM
Instead of having the entire X-Men, or "X-Men," engraved on the glass, I would concentrate on characters who are linked to Adamantium: Wolverine and/or Lady Deathstrike. One particular image that I think would be a good candidate would be one of the Weapon-X renderings of Wolverine (where he is w/o a shirt and has the cyberesque helmet on). Find a good image of that and play with the levels in Photoshop and you'll have a pretty good template for an etching.