PDA

View Full Version : changing the log on screen for windows 7

blaze15301
06-04-2010, 04:33 AM
I am not sure if this will help a lot of people out or not, but here is how i changed my windows 7 ultimate 64 bit log on screen.

I used this guide it works just follow it step by step.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-change-windows-7-logon-screen-easily-without-using-hacks-tools/

Hope i helped you guys out some. If this isn't where this belongs or something please move it because i don't know how. I am new to this site.:glasses:

SXRguyinMA
06-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't have a logon screen :-P

blaze15301
06-05-2010, 02:48 AM
lol well i guess you don't have a password set or something then lol. but if you didn't that's how you would change it.

Konrad
08-12-2010, 11:40 PM
You can do more than just change the logon screen background.

You can change the logon screen shadows (cosmetically useful on some different backgrounds)
Regedit HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Aut hentication\LogonUI, add or change the dword value for "ButtonSet" = 0 (default, light shadow) or 1 (dark shadow) or 2 (no shadow)

You can decide if the Shutdown button is present
Regedit HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Pol icies\System, add or change the dword value "ShutdownWithoutLogon" = 0 (doesn't show Shutdown button) or 1 (default, shows Shutdown button)

You can add a legal notice (text message) to the logon screen
Regedit HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Pol icies\System, string value "LegalNoticeCaption" = "whatever title you want", string value "LegalNoticeText" = "whatever text you want"

... You can use a little trick to insert separate lines into these text fields. Place an extra character (like X or whatever) wherever you want a new line in your text field. Copy the hex value 0D (the ascii code for carriage return) into the clipboard - you can create and delete a temporary Binary value to accomplish this easily in Regedit. Then binary edit the text strings, pasting this 0D hex value in place of your X (or whatever) characters.

You can have a report that tracks (failed) logon attempts
Regedit HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Pol icies\System, dword value "DisplayLastLogonInfo" = 0 (default, disabled) or 1 (enabled)