beerbelly
03-18-2006, 03:18 AM
Hey all!

I finally got my worklog up. Come check it out at http://www.dewmod.com

Let me know what you think!

Beer

OvRiDe
03-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Thats FREAKIN AWSOME..Great job on the case and the worklog is very nice. Oh and BTW.. WELCOME TO THE BOARDS. The only problem is .. Im thirsty now.. :D

jsb666
03-18-2006, 10:09 AM
That rocks!:eek: I love the idea of the drinks machine inside.

beerbelly
03-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks! I was hoping it'd get some positive feedback... I posted on some other forums a little while back(not the entire worklog, just a summary) and get hammered on by folks not believing that I had made it.

Beer

invalid
03-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I think its cool. How often do you need to buy new co2 and syrup? Is the cost worth it? Are you saving money?

DaveW
03-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Sweet man! Nice photo-looking chilled! Don't let anyone else's jealousy get you down. Since i've joined these forums i've learned a myriad things that i thought were impossible. Just look at the Doom 3 mod, for example: i didn't think one person could take a bog standard computer and turn it into what honestly is a work of art.

You might also notice a trend for "If it's impossible, it'll just take longer" style sigs on this particular board. I think a lot of the people here take the idea of not being able to do something personally-me included! Don't tell me what i can't do, unless you want to be proved wrong. I spend my free time learning, not watching TV. (unless it's Mythbusters, which is great :D)

-Dave

ColModish
03-18-2006, 12:10 PM
very unique mode ;) looks awsome

richmandudeus
03-18-2006, 03:53 PM
bravo!!!

generalk
03-18-2006, 04:47 PM
wow!!!

ColModish
03-18-2006, 06:02 PM
wouldn't be nice if you switch the dew with beer?? :D

sXenoG
03-18-2006, 09:14 PM
By the looks of what else you have going on... every idea you have seems to turn into money... Ur a creative guy keep it up and goodluck with everything you got going.

snickells
03-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Or how about burbon and coke? Vodca and rasberry? Lan events would never be the same again lol

jdbnsn
03-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Dew! Ahhh....so thirsty! That mod is tight! Can you make me one that dispenses diet dew?

AceX
03-19-2006, 02:21 AM
Will you marry me...?

Wow dude, that is friggin awesome. I was talking with a friend about how coll something like this would be. Now I have to show him this. Good job, very original, I like it lots :D

beerbelly
03-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Will you marry me...?

Wow dude, that is friggin awesome. I was talking with a friend about how coll something like this would be. Now I have to show him this. Good job, very original, I like it lots :D

While the shot may not do her justice, the girl on http://www.milliondollarwebhunt.com is the girl I am currently dating... Sorry, I'm not available.

It was SUCH a fun project... and it pays to have Dew at your fingertip while working those late nights(I have it at the office)

Things I am planning on doing : Stealthing the drive
Adding an LCD display with some cool Dew graphic that tells temp of liquids(CPU and Dew)
Making the dispenser shourd look cooler( right now it's just the 5.25 drive bay from the inside)

Any other suggestion? (besides making it dispense beer that would be MUCH easier than co2,syrup soda system)

Beer

OvRiDe
03-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Adding an LCD display with some cool Dew graphic that tells temp of liquids(CPU and Dew)

If you could come up with something that would meter the the flow of the syrup, you could also display some statistics about the drink system. Such as how many cups you have served, how much syrup is left in the box, etc.

I don't know if you have seen kegbot.. but there could be some ideas there you could integrate in to your design. http://kegbot.org/project/

Good luck and looking forward to what you come up with.. Again GREAT job on your current setup.. It really is VERY KEWL!!

LtDBaller
03-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey can you tell me how u mounted the window. That looks really good and i am going to do that for my case. Can you also name all the supplies you used for the window. Thanks, Also does ur window align with teh case or go behind it a little?

beerbelly
03-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey can you tell me how u mounted the window. That looks really good and i am going to do that for my case. Can you also name all the supplies you used for the window. Thanks, Also does ur window align with teh case or go behind it a little?

Yeah, I used pop rivets to secure the plexiglass in place. I had to use small washers on the inside to secure it properly. Also, not shown here... I used a soft pad on the outside of the pop rivet as I pulled it to make sure I didn't scratch up the rivets. The outside of the case needs to look flawless!

I got that straight from the site. So, each window needed 8 rivets and small washers... and it does sit back behind, not flush, with the case.

Glad to answer questions! Ask away!

Beer

LtDBaller
03-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Thanks, where did you get the pop rivits at, and can u explain a little more about the soft pad? And can you buy the soft pad or did you make it?? And the image on the window, how much does it cost to get it etched like that from mountain mods?

Cloud
03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Dude you chould get a cookie for this. I fecking love this case....I wanna make one that dispenses pepsi now....

qoou
03-21-2006, 09:27 AM
you make it dispense club soda, so then you wouldn't have to worry about the syrup...lol.

beerbelly
03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks, where did you get the pop rivits at, and can u explain a little more about the soft pad? And can you buy the soft pad or did you make it?? And the image on the window, how much does it cost to get it etched like that from mountain mods?

Pop rivets... you can get at any hardware store, though you'll need a rivet gun(11$) rivets cost about 2$ a box.

The soft pad I used was just a dremmel polishing pad(as it already has a hole on the center) but, I'm sure you could use just about anything. I practiced with a few rivets before I acutally rivetted the window on to make sure it looked ok.

http://www.mountainmods.com etched my windows for like $18 I think....

Beer

LtDBaller
03-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Do you mean regular rivets and a pop rivet gun or regular rivet gun. Or is a pop rivet gun a rivet gun? Or is the method just called pop riveting?

beerbelly
03-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Do you mean regular rivets and a pop rivet gun or regular rivet gun. Or is a pop rivet gun a rivet gun? Or is the method just called pop riveting?

Yeah... a pop rivet gun and pop rivets. Rather than the other types of rivets....( there are a few ).

OvRiDe
03-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Congratulations on making it into the MAKE: Blog!!!

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/03/mountain_dew_pc_mod.html

Aero
03-28-2006, 01:00 AM
haha, sweet dude you made it to Make!

hmm... why am I do I suddenly want a Mountian Dew?

GT40_GearHead
03-28-2006, 01:53 PM
you alcoholic bastard =))

beerbelly
03-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Congratulations on making it into the MAKE: Blog!!!

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/03/mountain_dew_pc_mod.html

Is that good? Cool! Thanks! :)

Beer

Crimson Sky
03-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Awesome mod!! Micro$oft invited me to that Make Magazine Faire they are sponsoring, but apparently it wasnt in their budget to pay for my time there. Keep up the great work!!

beerbelly
03-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Ok.. it's official... I've got it overclocked... CPU at 2.75 and GPUs both at 511 with memory at 1.36.

After all is said and done.. Under load I don't pass 50 C with Processor nor Vid cards.

Beer

Seasick
04-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Ok.. it's official... I've got it overclocked... CPU at 2.75 and GPUs both at 511 with memory at 1.36.

After all is said and done.. Under load I don't pass 50 C with Processor nor Vid cards.
Beer

Looks ALOT like a UFO case. :eek: So I was looking at your sparse pictures, and it appeared that you installed a refridgeration system to cool the MD? If so, why did you stop at the MD? I mean why not refriderate your CPU.... or at least the water in the cooling system? Condesation got you down?

guitar.child
04-15-2006, 06:35 PM
your my god

NamesAreUseless
08-28-2006, 06:21 PM
If u r also using it for water cooling i hope u like warm soda

simon275
08-29-2006, 05:45 AM
You might get in trouble for necroing this but anyway.

Hear's hoping it doesn't leek!