PDA

View Full Version : LEGO Universe beta

BuzzKillington
06-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Surprising really fun!

Zephik
06-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Well DUH. It's LEGO man! You can't go wrong with LEGO!

Edit: Neat! I just realized that LEGO is both singular and plural at the same time! lol

d_stilgar
06-18-2010, 08:42 PM
I've been playing for a while. I think the subscription is just too much to justify.

aintnothang
06-19-2010, 03:13 AM
never heard of this until now. Looks sweet.

BuzzKillington
06-19-2010, 10:11 PM
The language filter is ridiculous!

Hi there,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The chat system works on a list of approved words. This will be updated more and more as we move forward.

If you have any further questions, please e-mail us again.

Many thanks,

LEGO Universe Support Team

Simple words like oh, I dunno, GAME were blocked up until earlier today. Wow. Talk about doing things the wrong way. Kids are gunna figure out how to say "gay" or w/e tons of ways, don't restrict chat just because of this.

Also, I played for a couple of hours and now the bugs are getting to me. I've won in this car race like 3 times and it wont give me the damn mission completion. The cars are painfully slow, like this game will be aimed towards 4 year olds or something.

It looked like a fun puzzle-type of mmorpg and I assumed it'd be f2p after purchase. Guess not.

d_stilgar
06-20-2010, 03:27 AM
I would buy if it weren't subscription. There's potential to this game, but there are big limits. One of the really big things they need to do is let people differentiate if they are an adult or child. Just because you have the ability to type the word penis doesn't mean that everyone is going to run around doing that.

The game is pretty fun at times. They need a better way to get around. Is WoW like this where you spend a lot of time trying to remember where something/someone was and running back and forth?

BuzzKillington
06-20-2010, 09:31 AM
All mmorpgs are running back and forth lol. Pirates of the burning seas is the only mmorpg (imo) that's pulled it off and made it more of a responsibility than a chore... but it still gets old.

SXRguyinMA
06-20-2010, 10:13 PM
where do I find it?

BuzzKillington
06-21-2010, 02:08 AM
http://universe.lego.com/en-us/betacenter/default.aspx

Luke122
07-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I just got accepted! See you minifigs online soon!

:D

Okele
08-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I am half-heartedly playing the beta. Everytime I think about logging in, the office is apparently closed. It was a weird beta in the beginning, they only had it up for certain hours of the week. But! It's closed beta so /shrug

BuzzKillington
08-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I stopped playing after a few days anyway. It was entertaining but pointless. It seemed to be too geared towards kids and everything was stupidly easy. It seemed impossible to die so it felt like I was walking through the game with cheats on or something. The puzzles were also pretty simple so I walked away. I wouldn't pay to play this game anyways so why waste the time.