PDA

View Full Version : Project: Gargoyle

likemike973
03-19-2006, 05:42 PM
I posted my project awhile ago. I have made some progress since. Check out the link to my 1st mod project. http://home.comcast.net/~mraples

jdbnsn
03-20-2006, 02:57 AM
I can't see it real well in that picture, how about posting some pics showing the window. From what I saw it looks pretty cool.

Cevinzol
03-20-2006, 04:11 AM
I like the stone work on the front bezel. Did you just score the existing bezel or build one up from scratch?

likemike973
03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
To answer the previous questions: I am updating the website as I type with some better pics.

The computer face plate was built up from the original. I used Bondo on the front for textured look. I then used a Dremel with a cut-off wheel to etch the surface. I then used scapel tools and files to round the edges. Finished off with some textured spray paint.

The profile of the gargoyle was made from a gargoyle statue I have. I then traced it and cut it with a jigsaw and finished with, of course, my Dremel.

It is still a work in progress. I have to add some small gargoyles at the top corners, like the catherdrals. Then come up with something for the other side.