PDA

View Full Version : My First Painting

Zephik
06-25-2010, 12:35 AM
This is my very first painting. The camera sucks, so it looks a lot simpler than it actually is for some reason. And it's blurry because even when my hands are still, it doesn't know how to use it's own feature, which is the auto-still. So.. just trust me, it looks way better in person. Less blurry, more colors, more definition, more details, etc.

But even with this crappy picture, not bad for my first attempt at painting, if I do say so myself. ^_^

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4457/hrtj.jpg

Edit: Alright, seriously, this thing looks nothing like what the real painting does. This is irritating. The dumb camera takes PERFECT pictures of people, but ANYTHING else and it blow. What's with that?? (6.1MP btw, maybe that's why?)

artoodeeto
06-25-2010, 12:59 AM
How far away is the camera from the subject? Are you holding it closer than you do when you take people pics? It could be that its lens system isn't set up to focus very well on closer stuff, so maybe try standing back a bit and maybe zooming in, although at 6.1MP you should be able to crop it and have it still look good. Could also be that there's not enough contrast for it to determine what to focus on (as opposed to faces, which have a lot more). I've got a Nikon D60 DSLR that occasionally has focus issues due to either of these 2 scenarios. Give it another shot (har har....) and post the new pic if it comes out any better, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see what it really looks like! :D

Zephik
06-25-2010, 01:13 AM
I tried up close with no flash and external lighting, then I tried back away as far as I could with zoom with the usage of flash and then external lighting. I tried NUMEROUS angles, too. Also in three different rooms.

The camera was only like... $150. Probably has something to do with it. There isn't even any settings at all other than flash on or off or redeye. lol

Takes PERFECT pictures of people though. It's weird.

d_stilgar
06-25-2010, 02:13 AM
The best way to take pictures of art or sketches is to take them outside and lay them on the ground. The sunlight will hit it all evenly. Take the picture from a tripod if possible, but the sun is bright enough that you can usually hold the camera and take the picture without flash.

Zephik
06-25-2010, 01:44 PM
The sunlight seemed to help a little! Although it's still a little blurry. The camera takes THREE seconds from the moment you hit the take picture button to when it finally takes the picture. Psh.

The color is still a bit off and you still can't see most of the details. But this is as good as it's going to get. lol

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9329/mypainting.jpg

All in all, not bad for my very first time.

OvRiDe
06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Does your camera have a timer function? I have found that if you set the camera on a tripod or chair, something flat. Set the timer function, press the button and then just let the camera sit there until its done, works pretty good for things like that.

I used the same method when I shot this...

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/ovride/images/Vantec_USB3_review/USB3_Cable.png

And it worked out pretty well.. worth giving it a shot.

Zephik
06-25-2010, 03:00 PM
The only settings it has is Flash: On/Off/Red-Eye ...yeah, it's a pretty ghetto camera. lol

OvRiDe
07-01-2010, 02:23 AM
The camera was only like... $150. Probably has something to do with it. There isn't even any settings at all other than flash on or off or redeye. lol

That does suck.. The camera that I took the above picture with... was $49.95
:rolleyes:

blaze15301
07-06-2010, 02:04 PM
wow that is nice zephik. wish i had skill like that

Twigsoffury
01-31-2012, 12:36 PM
35$ Fujifilm A805 Took this photograph. (was originally 139.99$)

http://i41.tinypic.com/9fy58o.jpg

see if its got a "manual" mode then look in the menu for lighting preferences, pixel sharpness and stuff like that... I've never seen a digital camera NOT have those settings somewhere, people just tend to use the automatic mode then complain about the camera instead of sitting down and reading the manual for it.

Use a tripod, and put the light focal behind the camera, set a timer and adjust the color to what environment your in.

whamoo!

For that picture above, I used a 800 iso speed, +1 3/4 light compensation, Flourescent color profile, Sharp pixel, and no image stability.

acisgeorge
02-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Nice painting.. Have you done classes for that? If yes then from where?

flintoff222
04-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Wao its nice try i appreciate your first painting but some mistake are you done which is very essential for you that i tell to about your mistake first of all you make painting on the wood and color you used is same..You make heart...