PDA

View Full Version : Dremel Router attachment

jdbnsn
03-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Just wondering if anyone has tried those router atachments for dremel tools and could tell me if/how they work. Thanks!

Malatory
03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
They work ok .. small bits mean it will take longer to do some work.

tybrenis
03-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I was actually JUST pondering the same thing today, and I decided to try my hand at building one. I need to buy materials for a permanent one, but today, I took a shot at it. I simply clamped the dremel, bit pointing up, into my bench vise. I then set a piece of think wood over it with a hole drilled in it so the bit only protrudes the amount I need, it worked surprisingly fairly well. Any ideas to eliminate the bench vise and perhaps build a guide or something would be much appreciated.

jdbnsn
03-23-2006, 03:38 AM
Have you ever tried the manufactered version? I'm wondering if they are worth buying or just gimmicks.

tybrenis
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
I haven't tried one, they sell consistently on eBay for about 15 bucks, I am seriously considering purchasing one...

jdbnsn
03-24-2006, 02:02 AM
I might give it a try too, I'm suprised you don't sell them!:D

tybrenis
03-24-2006, 09:54 AM
I might give it a try too, I'm suprised you don't sell them!:D

Lol! No joke I used to actually have access to them through one of my distributors, that was before I started selling computer stuff! :p

tybrenis
03-26-2006, 12:07 AM
I decided to not risk buying a cheap dremel routing attachment, Dremels don't really have the torque to do the job well anyways. I just sucked it up and bought a cheap Ryobi table router and some carbide bits, it works quite well. It was $99.00 for the table and like $8.00 per bit at home depot.

jdbnsn
03-26-2006, 02:10 AM
No room for a router table now, living the student life in tiny cardboard apartments sharing the couch with the roaches. But someday, ohhh someday, I will have a shop with every tool there is, even tools that I have no idea what they do, they're just shiny and run on AC. (drooling...)

By the way, how do I get a catalog or website for your store? Curious what ya got.
Jon

Aero
03-26-2006, 04:17 AM
I think I have one of them Dremel attachments from when I got the kit with X number of acessories. I'll see if I can find all the pieces and let ya know how it works tomarrow.

jdbnsn
03-26-2006, 05:16 AM
Drat! I thought you were going to say "and sell it to you cheap". Cool though, I think I may get one soon because I am getting interested in playing around with plexi and seeing what comes from it. Let me know how useful it is, thanks!
Jon

Aero
03-29-2006, 12:31 AM
bah I though I had one but I don't. Sorry, can't give a review :redface:

jdbnsn
03-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Oh well, thanks anyway. They're not that expensive, I can just get one and give it a shot. Thanks for looking though!

RangerDanger
04-16-2006, 09:40 PM
ive used the manufactered ones and in my opinion they're great...cheap and so easy to use.