PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Open World Games

TheGreatSatan
07-07-2010, 07:32 PM
The top 10 (http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/top-open--world-games/top-open-world-games/1404110/2) Open World Games are rated

PauL
07-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Honestly I can't believe Just Cause 2 isnt on there otherwise the only two others games I played on that list are GTA and Assassins Creed so I guess I cant say much.

To me AC2 felt a lot more open world compared to AC1. I suppose they are talking about both in general though.

NightrainSrt4
07-08-2010, 11:48 AM
As much as I love Super Metroid, it shouldn't have been on that list. It's open as far as you get a few paths you can explore to get power ups, but anything that is story related you are blocked from until it is time/until you have the right powers to get to. I wouldn't call it an open world game, but maybe that's just me. Oh how I love that game though.

x88x
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Heheh, notice how two of the top three games are by BethSoft. ;)

I would argue that Morrowind was a more open game than Oblivion though. It was at least more seamlessly open. But it was harder and older and not as popular, so it can't make it on the list, I guess. :P Personally I think Oblivion was a few steps back in several areas, but that may just be because Morrowind was the first game I really fell in love with.