PDA

View Full Version : uv cathode

Okkkay
03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
if i put a uv cathode in my computer and a blue cathode in there too will the uv light change the way the blue light looks or is it kinda invisible like?

tybrenis
03-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I depends on the UV reactive items in your case and where you place the light. if you have say a UV RED reactive acrylic case, the lights will look red as well. However, if you just put a UV cathode in and you don't really have any UV items in your case, then it will simply glow purple and mix with the blue.

Okkkay
03-25-2006, 06:30 PM
i was planning on having some uv reactive blue wires in there and uv reactive green fluid in my water cooling system and also the blue cathodes and maybe some other green uv reactive stuff. do you think the blue cathodes will be pointless?

Okkkay
03-25-2006, 06:30 PM
i was planning on having some uv reactive blue wires in there and uv reactive green fluid in my water cooling system and also the blue cathodes and maybe some other green uv reactive stuff. do you think the blue cathodes will be pointless?

DaveW
03-25-2006, 08:22 PM
With the UV light, only the UV reactive parts will be lit. So It might be worth having both, although, with the Blue Cathode, your UV parts might not look good. To be honest, the UV's only useful if you have a specific look in mind, if you just want to illuminate the inside of your case, then stick with the blue. If you're going for a specific look, i.e. glowing internals, then go for the UV.

Mixing the lights will probably look rubbish to be honest, but feel free to experiment.

-Dave

Omega
03-26-2006, 01:43 AM
i actually happen to have both a dual blue and a dual UV cathode kit with UV reactive cabling, and i must say that the blue cathodes overpower the UV ones. so you can run both, but i would suggest a set of switches so you can change how it looks (blue only / blue-UV / uv-only)

hope this helps.

AKA_RA
03-26-2006, 01:57 AM
if you want blue lighting and uv reactive wire sleeves you should get some blue led fans, i found that the 6 pack from cooler master is the best deal. the fans make my uv green rounded cables and uv green fans glow, while at the same time lighting up the case rather well. i dont know if a blue cathode would work in the same way, but its worth a shot.

heres the 6 pack i mentioned: http://www.xoxide.com/cooler-master-r4-l8s-18sb.html

Okkkay
03-26-2006, 02:18 AM
alright thanks for all the help and tips!

onelegout
03-26-2006, 06:42 AM
i actually happen to have both a dual blue and a dual UV cathode kit with UV reactive cabling, and i must say that the blue cathodes overpower the UV ones. so you can run both, but i would suggest a set of switches so you can change how it looks (blue only / blue-UV / uv-only)

hope this helps.
I second that! My uv blue CCFLs completely overpower my UV lights so I never use my blue one.
Peace
H