PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a project I saw a while ago.

x88x
07-23-2010, 12:18 PM
I saw a project a while ago (I want to say a week or two?), that had something to do with I think image recognition using webcams? IIRC, it would watch for generally people-shaped things, and start recording when it saw them. Anyways, the more interesting thing for me right now is, iirc, they had developed modular nodes with a USB webcam, a microcontroller, and a network interface. ..so, basically an open source networked webcam.

Any ideas? I want to say I saw it on HaD, but I looked back through the last few pages of stuff and couldn't find it.

Drum Thumper
07-23-2010, 12:52 PM
I saw something similar in LinuxJournal a couple months back IIRC as well.

x88x
07-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Ok, I'm pretty sure now that it wasn't on HaD..I went back a month and didn't see it, or at least didn't recognize it...and I'm almost certain it wasn't that long ago that I saw it.

Oneslowz28
07-28-2010, 06:53 PM
It was on HAD I think. I remember something about a hacker space using it to identify members or something.

Konrad
09-15-2010, 03:17 AM
There was an article about (people and face) image recognition in N&V a few months back, but it didn't go into any details beyond announcing how cool the tech will be.