PDA

View Full Version : Copper and Color

pure_rock_fury
03-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Hey guys, I am getting dangerously close to the end of the official design phase of my first project. I am not willing to give up too many details just yet, but I know there will be copper and the major portion of the case will be painted black. What I am looking for is some suggestions on highlighting colors. I will be using a bit of plexi, and some minor decals.

The copper is going to have a brushed finish, and will be clearcoated to prevent the green tinge. The case will be either matte or gloss black (haven't decided yet). What do you guys think would be a good secondary color for the plex and graphics?

legoman786
03-25-2006, 08:54 AM
I want to say green, like a neon-ish green, but I am going to use that on my mod. How about red? Maybe a bright, no too bright, blue? Orange? White is a good combo with black. If you have some LEDs laying around, of different colors, try to mix and match and see what you like best.

XcOM
03-25-2006, 10:32 AM
i think a dark blue would look cool, or a dim white.

Slug Toy
03-25-2006, 10:58 AM
if you're brushing the copper, its going to end up reasonably dull. go with the matte black to keep the dull theme.

for highlights, the "artistically proper" method dictates that opposing colours work best. so it would be the opposite of black and copper, which is white and turquoise. it would work in theory, but you wouldnt want to use too much if you can help it. contrasting colours stand out a lot. turquoise is kind of a sissy and ugly colour though. a more pleasing highlight might be a cross between brown and yellow. also, keep in mind im talking about paint here. i cant quite tell what you're talking about.

if you're talking about actual lighting, the same colours could work, but for the turquoise, you could use some green and blue lights, and for the brownish yellow, you could use some dim amber lights.

pure_rock_fury
03-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Sorry, I guess it wasn't to clear. I will be using paint and plexi for these colors. The deal breaker is the plexi, it is going narrow down the choices some as far as color because I still want it to be transparent to some degree.