PDA

View Full Version : ModWiki

diluzio91
08-03-2010, 01:04 AM
The mod wiki page shows you as not being logged in, even if you use the login and password fields. Maybe its just me? it was weird thats all.

Drum Thumper
08-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Undocumented Feature. It's been on the to do list for ages, none of us have wanted to even try to mess around with the PHP and MySQL to get it to sync.

diluzio91
08-03-2010, 01:48 AM
haha... just thought it was odd. Good to know its documented though

Konrad
08-24-2010, 12:04 AM
The ModWiki is skeletal. I'm assuming that it doesn't get a lot of attention because the real focus is on the forum boards?

I'm just curious if (unsuccessful) past efforts have already been made to kickstart it ...

Oneslowz28
08-24-2010, 03:24 AM
The ModWiki has been abandoned due to lack of interest from the community. When I first came on staff, I spent few weeks digging through articles and updating them but the traffic to it has been nil. We are currently working out something to replace it. With that said, if you have an idea for a way to resurrect it or turn it into the place to go for modding how to articles, please pm me your message. I would not be apposed to turning it into a true community editable wiki.

Konrad
08-24-2010, 03:29 AM
That's a shame. It could be an awesome resource.

Catch-22, users (like me) who would benefit the most would also be the people contributing to it, yet also unwilling to invest effort into something "redundant" that nobody would ever look at.

slaveofconvention
08-24-2010, 01:31 PM
It's a tough situation. Most of the people who could really add to it really wouldn't benefit that much as they already know a fair bit. People who need the information can't really add to it that much, at least not at first. It is a shame because I think it could be a really good resource, if we had even 2 or 3 people adding 2 or 3 items each, it'd soon start to grow.

I thought it was already user editable - I added (or started to add) some info on painting, although that was a LONG time ago, I admit, and I never did finish it up...

x88x
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
TBH, the only thing I've ever used it for is the suppliers page. ..though that has proved incredibly useful many, many times.

Konrad
08-24-2010, 07:57 PM
lmao, I already had many of those suppliers bookmarked. (Not all, though, there were a few more choice gems in there. Sadly, many don't ship to Canada.)