PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a foamed hardcase/briefcase

BuzzKillington
08-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Basically I'm trying to put together an all in one case for computer repair house calls. I'd like to have a nice little hardcase that will fit the goods but not be overly bulky or retarded looking. Preferably something that is easily organizable.

Diamon
08-10-2010, 06:52 PM
1: You want it retarded looking as that will make people think you're more computer savvy.
2: If it's bulky people will think its full of stuff and that you've come prepared.

I rest my case :D

Luke122
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Pelican cases FTW. Fully customizable cut-foam inserts.

dr.walrus
08-11-2010, 03:08 PM
- Portable hard drive
- Laptop
- Screwdrivers
- Cables
- Pliers etc
- CDs

Most of the above is overkill too. What on earth do you need a flight case for? I used to do it with a (half full) laptop bag.

Luke122
08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
I have a hardcase that came with my Sampson USB mic, and some custom foam inserts. All the tools, cables, connectors, and software that I need to fix damn near anything. :) Total cost = free, since I had the case anyways.

Pelican cases are a bit of money, but they are awesome, and watertight! I think I posted a review on here a few years ago about a pelican laptop case.. that I dropped on my foot with a 17" laptop in it, and almost broke my toe. :D

Laptop was fine... and it landed in a mud puddle, and it was POURING rain. :D

**EDIT: Here it is: http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=137165

BuzzKillington
08-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Well, my current kit is:

External cd drive
Techy CD's and some blank CDs and DVDs.
External HDD for larger backups + some goodies on it and categorized folders for backups
Mini-screwdriver set
needle-nose
Wirecutter/strippers.
Sharp philips and a slightly blunt philips along with a regular flathead.
Twist ties
2.5"-3.5" to USB adapter

Believe that's it. I never carry it all but it'd be nice to be able to tuck it all into one place. I'm looking to pick up a small PSU tester too. A netbook would be icing on the cake paired with my cellphone for tethering but I can't afford one atm. I usually just download any drivers I MAY have to use ahead of time.

Commando
08-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Harbor Freight has those hard silver briefcase things with the customisable foam on the inside for super cheap.

I bet that's what you're looking for.

TD