PDA

View Full Version : At the Apple Store...

Trace
08-12-2010, 10:41 PM
To get my iPod touch replaced...FOR THE FOURTH TIME.
I purchased this 32GB Third gen last november. I just had it replaced fewer than two weeks ago. I'm back in because the screen has grey lines running down the right side.

Let's list what each iPod had go wrong:

Dock connecter pulled out in my cable.(lasted from Nov '09 to April '10
Screen Went solid white April '10 to may '10
Headphone Jack May '10 to August '10
Screen Has grey lines <2weeks from above.

Anybody else have terrible luck like this?

Being the geek I am, I baby my device. I know people who treat their iPods like crap and they don't stop working...

Oneslowz28
08-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I have had my 8gb 2g iPod Touch for 2 years now, and not a single issue.

Trace
08-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Don't get my started on my 8Gb 1G

EDIT: You got me started
8GB 1g iPod Touch

Case Separated
Headphone Jack broke

Drum Thumper
08-13-2010, 01:43 AM
Silly Apple/Mac users...will you ever learn?

Trace
08-13-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't use Apple any more than I have to

billygoat333
08-13-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't use Apple any more than I have to

I don't use your mom more than I have to...

...ok somebody had to say it. ;)

LiTHiUM0XiD3
08-13-2010, 04:21 AM
I don't use your mom more than I have to...

thats what she said ;)

SXRguyinMA
08-13-2010, 07:41 AM
I've got a first gen iphone that worked perfectly for 2 years, then I stepped on it and broke the screen. the LCD only lights up white, but eveything else works. my Alpine deck in my truck has the ipod connector so I plug it in there and search through songs from the deck, and it still works great lol. though the battery doesn't hold a charge worth a sh*t anymore

Luke122
08-13-2010, 10:23 AM
I have a 3 year old 8gb Nano (first of the bigger ones.. 3rd gen I think).

The wheel is starting to get a little slow (have to click hard, etc) but otherwise no problems. Battery is still good (no burns for me!) and 8gb is still enough for me to not get bored.

Bopher
08-14-2010, 02:07 AM
I try to be gentle with my portable electronics but life gets in the way. My wife was finally able to get me an ipod touch which was going to be a christmas present then it was pushed back to my birthday then she finally was able to get it and I baby it like crazy. I have a 2g nano that I got as a gift from her and that lasted a long time, even being smashed in the center console of the jeep denting the case around the screen. Couldn't figure out why the console wouldn't close:whistler:. Anyway I sent that through the washing machine and as long as its plugged in it will run with no problem. Some stuff is tough others I think you get the russian roulette in electronics and they can just go kaput without notice. Had 3 car stereos that went kaput all different brands just one after another in the span of a year.

TheGreatSatan
08-14-2010, 03:35 PM
It took many long hours in the sauna to finally kill my 40GB Creative Nomad Zen. I dropped it dozens of times, stepped on it a couple of times and got it wet in the shower and nothing ever happened. Of course they're about the size of a standard 3.5 hard drive and weigh as much as one from the 90's

Bopher
08-15-2010, 02:34 AM
Those Nomads were tough. We had to clear one out of the inventory at Circuit City to use for demos and seriously, if someone tried to rob you just pick that sucker up and smack them in the face with it. Was like holding a brick. We dropped that one so many times. I think one of the other sales guys got a good deal open box from the store manager when we finished the demos for it.

TheGreatSatan
08-15-2010, 11:41 AM
If one could be modded with an SSD instead it would be awesome