PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: widescreen support, please?

Konrad
08-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Just wondering if it's possible. I've seen the option on other vB forums and happen to prefer using widescreen whenever possible.

Other than that, awesome board. Haven't seen a speck of spam. :D

Drum Thumper
08-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Just wondering if it's possible. I've seen the option on other vB forums and happen to prefer using widescreen whenever possible.

Other than that, awesome board. Haven't seen a speck of spam. :D

I believe (and the admins will correct me if I am wrong on this) that we are set to a 960px layout, which is quickly becoming the norm.

Konrad
08-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Ah, I have to confess I'm not sure what 960px means.

I was referring to something like this forum (http://geekhack.org/) offers. Their "standard" option is the same as here while "landscape" option (selected in the user CP) fills out to the edges in 1920x1080 (or lesser) resolutions on my 16:9 monitor. Not trying to make things complicated, just thought it'd be a nice option if it's not a hassle.

x88x
08-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Ah, I have to confess I'm not sure what 960px means.

It means the site displays a static 960 pixels wide.

Konrad
08-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Oh. That makes sense. There goes all my social status :redface:

mDust
08-16-2010, 08:44 PM
There goes all my social status :redface:

Yep. There was a whirlpool in your online respect, it was draining so fast! :D

You can always zoom your browser a bit with ctrl and + or -. Sure, it makes things a bit bigger and you see less vertically, but it can help fill the screen a bit more.

EDIT:
You jinxed us with spam!

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24158 (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24158)
It gets deleted pretty fast around here though. By the time you click the link it will probably be broken. The mods are aggressive like that.

Oneslowz28
08-17-2010, 08:18 PM
It's true. We are stuck at 960px.

As for the spam, yea it gets killed really fast, due in part to 2 of our mods being ninjas, 1 being a borg, and one who was given the all mighty banhammer by Thore himself. To top things off, OvRiDe and myself are always on here doing something, so we clean things up pretty fast.

Konrad
08-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Better to live with rules than with spammers. Good job, dudes.

mDust
08-17-2010, 10:23 PM
It's true. We are stuck at 960px.

As for the spam, yea it gets killed really fast, due in part to 2 of our mods being ninjas, 1 being a borg, and one who was given the all mighty banhammer by Thore himself. To top things off, OvRiDe and myself are always on here doing something, so we clean things up pretty fast.

Is Thore a twin brother of Thor or something? I'm sure they have identical hammers then. Since he just gave his hammer away like that, it sounds to me like Thore is the generous and giving one, as Thor seems a bit more violent and is usually pictured with his hammer. Or maybe Thore just hates spammers as much as we do. There's probably a legendary story about all of this...

Oneslowz28
08-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Thore is the bastard son of Thor. He was only interested in oppressing and eradicating online spammers and spambots. So when his father cast him down, he felt unloved and gave his hammer away to one of our mods. If you are wondering where to find him, he moved to Nebraska and works as a seasonal hired hand on a corn farm. He has became an alcoholic and has been known to frequent the local exotic dance club "Corn holes".

mDust
08-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Thore is the bastard son of Thor. He was only interested in oppressing and eradicating online spammers and spambots. So when his father cast him down, he felt unloved and gave his hammer away to one of our mods. If you are wondering where to find him, he moved to Nebraska and works as a seasonal hired hand on a corn farm. He has became an alcoholic and has been known to frequent the local exotic dance club "Corn holes".

I knew it! Thanks for that. :)

EDIT: I'm surprised I've never read about all this in history books...