PDA

View Full Version : Review: Logisys Black 3.5" Digital Thermal Controller

tybrenis
03-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Today, I have a Logisys 3.5" Digital Thermal Controller up for review, a very cool, capable new product. This item has the capability to monitor your fans, your hard drive activity, and tell you the temperature of your...

Read the rest of the review here! (http://powerpackedpc.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=14)

Tell me what you think of the review! Constructive criticism welcomed, I am trying to better myself as a reviewer/writer.

Thanks!

Aero
03-28-2006, 12:27 AM
I liek the review. But you might want to try to keep it on one page to keep from having to say "move onto the next page for ______". Also the bright orange is hard on the eyes late at night.

tybrenis
03-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the advice! Yes, I need to fix that, when I write it in Dreamweaver it seems MUCH larger. I am considering a new design as well for the site.

Omega
04-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Might i add some things.

I have one of these, btw.

Pros:
It's pretty.
It's small.
It gets the job done.

Cons:
It doesn't fit properly in my Cooler Master Cavalier 3
one of the fan connecters on the inside came off.
It's cheaply manufactured. open it up and that's obvious.
Too many wires.

tybrenis
04-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Might i add some things.

I have one of these, btw.

Pros:
It's pretty.
It's small.
It gets the job done.

Cons:
It doesn't fit properly in my Cooler Master Cavalier 3
one of the fan connecters on the inside came off.
It's cheaply manufactured. open it up and that's obvious.
Too many wires.

Most of your suggestions I already covered, but I added the ones I didn't, as long as you don't mind.

Thanks for the critique-age!

Omega
04-08-2006, 01:13 AM
i don;t mind at all.

hell, since i would never use the thermal probes or HDD light, i took those off. now i have to dremel it so it will ift in my case.

but yes, the pros outweigh the cons, especially if you take a minute or two to sleeve them and chop off what you won't use.

tybrenis
04-08-2006, 10:51 AM
i don;t mind at all.

hell, since i would never use the thermal probes or HDD light, i took those off. now i have to dremel it so it will ift in my case.

but yes, the pros outweigh the cons, especially if you take a minute or two to sleeve them and chop off what you won't use.

Yeah, thats exactly what I did, I just cut everything off that I won't use... ie: everything except the temp. probes.

Omega
04-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Actually, it turned out that the problem wasn't the unit itself, but instead my case's design.

now it fits properly, and looks very nice and sleek.

But the instructions still suck.

Omega
04-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Actually, it turned out that the problem wasn't the unit itself, but instead my case's design.

now it fits properly, and looks very nice and sleek.

But the instructions still suck.