PDA

View Full Version : My Mod

5u1c1d4lm0nk3y
03-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Some of may have seen my military themed idea topic. I couldn't find anything that pleased me. SO now I can't think of any ideas. If you have any drawing of any mods laying around or have any ideas but you are too lazy to mod them you don't have the money post them here. I really want to build a new PC aound January 2007 so if this is going to be an extensive mod I want to start in a couple of months like mid summer or so. So if you have any ides post them here. My only idea I have now is a simple acrylic case completly wraped with a layer of modders mesh. Then have a slightly (just enough to fit over it) bigger metal case that is very simple and is cut sort of like vines around the other case. It is kinda hard to explain. I don't really like the idea but I don't know what are yur ideas?

P.S My budget for my case is under 150 so nothing extremly extravigent.

Aero
03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
you'd be surprized what you could do with $150. My first 2 mods cost about $50 total. It really depends on what tool you have, seeing how even now, most of my modding goes to buying tools, when I satrted I had nothing but a demel. Anyway I've got some idea I came up with a few years ago. I'm going out of town tomarrow and I don't have time to find them right now, but I'll post them when I get back Sunday, maybe you'll get some ideas :).

5u1c1d4lm0nk3y
03-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey I accualy got the mesh idea from your blue calculator of death mod. Can't wait to see what your idea is. And I am probably goind to buy a dremel and some other tools. How much do you guys think a decent amount of tools would cost for a mod job.

Aero
04-04-2006, 09:28 PM
hey sorry, I've been swamped with work and stuff lately. I'll try to get you those pics soon.

5u1c1d4lm0nk3y
04-05-2006, 07:26 AM
I was wondering what happend to you. Can't wait to see the pics.

5u1c1d4lm0nk3y
04-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Anybody got any ideas. I am so blank.

tybrenis
04-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Case modding is all about self expression. Only you will know what your "perfect" mod will look like. Once you know that, we are the ones to ask when you want to know how to make athat dream a reality.

5u1c1d4lm0nk3y
04-08-2006, 08:21 PM
I know that mods are a way to express creativity. I need more of a theme and a few details to get me started.What happend to youaero.

tybrenis
04-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Right... do a mod with a theme from your head... do a mod with a theme that has influenced you in life, has to do with your interests, beliefs, idols, favorites, etc. We all make mods that show a little bit about ourselves. I just think that if you take a theme and ideas off someone else, it isn't as personal. We are here so you can bounce YOUR ideas and themes off of us.