PDA

View Full Version : Dream desk sketchup

BuzzKillington
09-14-2010, 07:54 AM
I took a "corner desk" I found using sketchups lookup feature and edited it quite a bit. Here's a few hours of work:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8634/deskxray.png
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7403/desktextured.png

billygoat333
09-15-2010, 11:24 AM
looks sweet.

jdbnsn
02-15-2011, 05:40 PM
So are you going to build this? Or are you already? It's a gorgeous design, and excellent model as well, nice job. If I were you I would consider placing the subwoofer elsewhere though, the bass sounds much deeper and more clean if it is further away for your ears. I've also noticed in some cases it sounds better if it's not facing you too, try it pointed away from you close to a wall. I'd love to have a desk like that though, very cool!

Jon

BuzzKillington
02-18-2011, 09:05 AM
It's near the top of my to-do list when I find a new place. Thanks for the compliments, it was my first real attempt at sketch-up. You guys will likely be first to know about the project when the time comes... I have so many ideas that I've cooped up these past years that haven't seen the light of day simply because I can't bring myself to "waste" what money I have on modding when I can instead be content with what I have/spend money on things I need that I don't already have.

- I put computer gaming on hold because I can no longer play the games I want on full resolution so I picked up a PS3.
- I stopped modding my shotgun because it's more than functional and I never use it anyway. Hour+ drive one way + ammo = $$$
- Put my knife collection on hold because they're damn expensive then just sit in a box.
- Haven't replaced my Dremel since I can't afford to mod.
- Put product ideas on hold since I can't afford the patent process all the way through.

...Oh how my hobbies will change once I find a job that gives me a little wiggle room.

rgathright
03-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Nice looking sketch up!

Remember that black tables are dust magnets.8)

Fuganater
04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Do I spy a beer fridge? :D

Beta-brain
11-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Why haven't you built it yet, I want all the measurements so I can build one :D

Looks very neat, I've designed a few PC desks but always too busy modding PC's to actually build one, what often seems to happen when designing a PC specific desk is it quickly gets BIG and the PC is lost in a dark corner of it somewhere, well in my designs it does :rolleyes: