PDA

View Full Version : Omega's Tips n' Tricks on painting safety

Omega
03-31-2006, 01:48 AM
Yo. Omega's back.

So, i just came up from my garage (painting a keyboard) and figured it's post some tips on saftey, and maybe some modding tips later.

Saftey:
1. Have eye protection. this is a vital part in making sure that if something goes wrong, that you can mod another day.

2. Have respitory protection. as said, i just sprayed a keyboard, and you have no idea how many fumes i smelled in the very short (maybe a minute) period i was spraying the keyboard. and fumes are bad.

3. A well ventilated area. after spraying the keyboard, the fumes then managed to go through the house. don't be stupid. be safe.

4. Face mask. this isn't as vital as the above, but if you have a full face shield, you can get closer to whatever you're working on (especially dremelwork) and see it better.

more to come later.

jagwinn
04-01-2006, 08:38 AM
I have just read your post and am imagining the scenario that took place in the garage that compelled you to write this little monograph on safety.

I'm sorry your canary died in the process from the fumes, and I hope your eyesight returns after the injury from the dremeled shards of plastic.

DaveW
04-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I have just read your post and am imagining the scenario that took place in the garage that compelled you to write this little monograph on safety.

I'm sorry your canary died in the process from the fumes, and I hope your eyesight returns after the injury from the dremeled shards of plastic.

I find you guilty of cycnicism, sarcasm, and making me laugh. Hee hee.

-Dave

Omega
04-05-2006, 07:56 PM
if i had a canary it would have died, and if i didn't have eye protection i would be blind.

amdmeplz
04-06-2006, 12:39 AM
ROFLMAO ya thats a interesting scene? sounds liek me last week ...still coughing ? Omega im glad you learn from your "mistakes" ... something i dont seem to have the ability for?!? LOL :D

Omega
04-08-2006, 01:17 AM
man, i have learned the hard way.

i've breathed paint, goo gone, and lexan fumes, i've also inhaled plastic shards (but none in the eyes), and damn near passed out because of the intensity of the fumes form the paint.

and yes, i learned my lessons =o

guitar.child
04-15-2006, 03:17 PM
wow modding is dangerous business.

nil8
05-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Using chemicals is dangerous business if you don't consider safety an issue.
Let this go out to anyone who does anything in an enclosed area or without the proper gear.

RangerDanger
05-03-2006, 07:32 PM
OOPS! i never portect respitorily...and i paint ALOT, but i have been using eye protection from cutting plexi.......Yes safety is very important it prevents u frmo modding somthing else ( eyes, face, hands, etc.)

Aero
05-03-2006, 08:33 PM
a respirator is probaly my most used item in my room. You may not notice how much crap you inhale just using a dremal. Plus if you have allergies (as do I) it comes in handy during clean up as well, do want all that dust to cause an asthma attack after your done moddin.

Omega
01-06-2008, 07:42 AM
bumping this because I just got a medal for it (I didn't even remember posting it =p) and because it'll probably do somebody some good.

flintoff222
04-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Save your money and buy an inexpensive pad type trim tool from a discount store. Even this did not do a great job on the floor molding,because if you save money then you must purchased the superb quality paint if you have less budget...