PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with Nlite

Liquid_Scope_99
09-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Hello guys the reason i have been looking for a IDE Hard drive is my mother-in-laws newer pc had vista nobody made the cds so no more vista lol.

Well i was going to just put a ide hard drive and put her xp on it .

Well there arent any ide hookups at all its all sata .

I have tried to make a Nlite xp with the sata driver no luck .

It is a Aspire x1200 if you have any ideas im listening im not gonna give up.
Till i fix it one way or another .

Airbozo
09-24-2010, 11:02 AM
If you have a floppy drive, just use that to load the drivers.

WinXP sp2 should have the necessary drivers built in anyway. (I think it was sp2 but may be sp3)

x88x
09-24-2010, 04:52 PM
If you want to stick with Vista, there's a license key on the computer (if it was done legally) that you can use with any Vista disc.

Liquid_Scope_99
09-25-2010, 03:30 AM
yeah I have the vista legit code but no disk .

Thanks air but i dont think it has a hook up for floppy its Win Xp Pro 64 bit i can try slip streaming Service pack 2 in it and see i dont think it has a pack 3 .
i got a disk to work installed the drivers i downloaded for win xp pro 64 bit during install say there wrong ones but is progress lol .
Thanks again guys . Well get something going

slaveofconvention
09-25-2010, 05:42 AM
I'd definitely be looking at putting vista back on the machine. Even if the SATA drivers aren't included on the disk (my shuttle, for example, needs drivers to install any OS - even 7 doesn't have the drivers integrated) you can, with Vista and 7, provide the required drivers on a USB key (I think it's safe to assume the PC has USB ports lol)

I'm sure there's someone who can loan you an install disk for Vista - it doesn't really matter which version of Vista it is either - the key you type in tells the install if it should install Basic, Premium, Ultimate, Business etc - altho you WILL need it to be an OEM disk (I think) and those only have EITHER 32 bit or 64 bit software.

x88x
09-25-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't think Vista required different disks for OEM/retail/etc, but yeah, 32 and 64-bit are separate discs. Liquid, I can get you an ISO for the disc if you want.

slaveofconvention
09-25-2010, 12:16 PM
I seem to remember somewhere that the OEM disks are 32 or 64 bit while the retail ones actually have both. Having said that, it might just be a case of the retail package coming with both disks in the box. I have never paid for a retail copy of windows (not a pirate, an OEM and now Technet guy) so I can't say for sure.